Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space Vikings' Bow

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Zenith polycounter lvl 3
Hi, my first post here. I was trying to create something that will look somewhat stylized (especially wooden parts) but highly PBR oriented

More of it at my ArtStation

model

Since I have not idea how to texutre paint (but will look forward to learning it) I left it to simple procedural texturing using Substance Painter and Substance Desinger

Also I stumbled upon some technical issues with mirroring UVs while baking normal maps where one side produced shading artifacts on flat surfaces so I had to stay with non-mirrored UVs:

Though overall model looks for me like a WIP rather than final project I was eager to hear what you guys thing about it.
Any opinions and critique will be appreciated, Thanks!

Replies

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    Very strange, how exactly do you go about mirroring UV's? Do you take the mesh, do UV's on half then just mirror and weld points?
  • Zenith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zenith polycounter lvl 3
    apollo580 said:
    Very strange, how exactly do you go about mirroring UV's? Do you take the mesh, do UV's on half then just mirror and weld points?
    I followed steps from wiki. I think everything baked ok but that thing pointed on a screenshot did some wierd stuff. Maybe it had something to do with UV islands because they weren't perfectly round and thus not symethrical