Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Solae" - Paragon Character Fan Art

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Abdul_Abu polycounter lvl 4

This is Solae, a character on paragon that wasn't used., so I decided to make her myself. So far it is still a rough block out at the moment and everything has been done inside zbrush. Going to carry on detailing and refining. Feedback is always welcome

Replies

• theStoff
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Nice start @Abdul_Abu ! If I may make a suggestion I'm thinking that your model is more realistically proportioned to the art. This may be what you're going for but if not the art has very elongated features. Another thing to consider is in the face area. The original design has soft features, a smaller nose/mouth and the chin doesn't stick out so far. Keep it up!
  • Abdul_Abu
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff said:
    Nice start @Abdul_Abu ! If I may make a suggestion I'm thinking that your model is more realistically proportioned to the art. This may be what you're going for but if not the art has very elongated features. Another thing to consider is in the face area. The original design has soft features, a smaller nose/mouth and the chin doesn't stick out so far. Keep it up!
    Hey thanks for the feedback, soften the feature, got it! however, the elongated proportions previously just looked odd! SO i decided to shrink them down
  • theStoff
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    No worries! Yeah sometimes it can look odd. Regardless looking forward to your progress :)
  • Edrice
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice polycounter lvl 7
    I agree about the features of the face, the concept is more Lupita Nyong'o and you're doing more Danai Gurira, to keep things black panther.
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I would definitely revisit the proportions.  If you're going for Paragon, the slender look is much more fitting.  Agreed with the feedback on the head as well.  I think her head is also too large ATM.
  • Abdul_Abu
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice said:
    I agree about the features of the face, the concept is more Lupita Nyong'o and you're doing more Danai Gurira, to keep things black panther.
    Lool very good simile, currently working on it
  • Abdul_Abu
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh said:
    I would definitely revisit the proportions.  If you're going for Paragon, the slender look is much more fitting.  Agreed with the feedback on the head as well.  I think her head is also too large ATM.
    I have extended her proportions and am currently softening her face. and very good point about the slender figures in paragons
  • Abdul_Abu
    Offline / Send Message

Here is the latest version of the character. I have made some changes to her proportions to make her taller, and more slender. I have also taken feedback and made her face a lot softer to match the concept more. Atm i am not really doing proper renders until the high res is complete, so sorry about the quick screenshots.
  • theStoff
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    I still think the face could use work. My drawover isn't perfect but this should help convey what I'm thinking in terms of direction. 

• Abdul_Abu
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff said:
    I still think the face could use work. My drawover isn't perfect but this should help convey what I'm thinking in terms of direction. 

I see exactly what you meant, and tbh thanks for much for doing the paintover! I have been aiming towards that direction, i just thought I'd give a quick update
  • Abdul_Abu
    Offline / Send Message
    It has been a while, I haven't had much time to work on the character because of my job, but i have adjusted the facial features even more to give a more smooth face. Also did a quick albedo map, which I am going to make darker to match the concept. I am now working on the belt and corset, then I will move onto the fans. Then an overall fix on each asset. I did a quick render of the skin in marmoset, the eyes are not her final eyes, theyre just a placeholder atm.