Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

TombRaider WIP

neil_w2
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
neil_w2 polycounter lvl 8

I'm not very good at this kind of stuff
I thought that if I attempted to do stuff like this it would help  me get better
feed back is appreciated

Replies

• NineLimits
    Offline / Send Message
    NineLimits triangle
    Not sure exactly what your looking to improve on, so I'll just comment on what I notice most. I realize it's not finished, so you may already be planning on going further, but right now your values don't seem deep enough to me. Also finding I'm confused about the pink on her skin and the skin might need a bit more colour too it, maybe some reddish colour in the shadows.

Perspective isn't something I can say I know very well, but I do think it looks pretty good here (would love it if someone that does know what they are talking about responds too) Most of the colours look good too. The bit of detail you have done is looking nice so far.

Are you using a reference from the game/movie/whatever? If so it could help to share that with us too so we can see what your going for.
  • neil_w2
    Offline / Send Message
    well, I'm not very good at doing things like digital painting, so I thought that if I ... wait I think I commented on this before
    ... i guess my focus would be to become more efficient at rendering out a painting as opposed to dealing with things like composition, gesture, perspective etc.  that stuff is important too but I figured if I focused on just one element as opposed to juggling several at a time that would help me get better at doing that one element
  • neil_w2
    Offline / Send Message
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/iHD74Oq.jpg[/img]

yeah, the skin is kinda wierd ... like too much contrast or something ... i need to go back and try and fix that.  maybe next time.  I wish I had more time to work on things like this:(

I know ... references ... sorry I'm just kinda embarrassed about this kind of stuff
  • neil_w2
    Offline / Send Message

I think I’ll give up on this … move on to a different project …
    at some point it doesnt get better, it just changes and your basically just spinning your wheels

I’m wondering if there’s a point to working on stuff like this … someone once told me you should focus on things that your better at, focus on your strengths and I recall hearing an argument that supported that that made sense (forgot how it went).

digital painting, concept work is pretty awsome but perhaps its not a constructive uise of my time, perhaps i should focus on things that im better at …

I’m wondering if i learned anything or improved at all from working on this … some people I meet pickup on this stuff seemingly faster and more easily … like they have some natural talent for it … i feel like vegeta and they’re like goku…

I dont think i got the skin color right, now it just seems desaturated and flat confused