Home Technical Talk

[3dsmax] - TopoLogiK - new retopo tools.

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Kinematiclab triangle
Hi there,

we just released a new tool for 3dsmax that might interest some of you who does modeling and needs retopology.

http://hocuspocus-studio.fr/tools/product/topologik/

This is a more procedural and modern approach, like what you can see in Blender or other tools,
with other unique features.
Have a look and let us know what you think.

Replies

• Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Very nice. Always good to try new retopo tools to stay inside of 3DS max. :D
  • ixrob
    Offline / Send Message
    ixrob polycounter lvl 10
    oh interesting, thanks for the work
  • EGGO
    Offline / Send Message
    EGGO polycounter lvl 11
    Nice one! Any plans for making it for other software? Cinema4D specifically?... )))
  • Mehran Khan
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
    the price is really right!! I was hoping to get topogun soon but I am thinking I should give this a try instead.
  • Kinematiclab
    Offline / Send Message
    Kinematiclab triangle
    EGGO said:
    Nice one! Any plans for making it for other software? Cinema4D specifically?... )))
    unfortunately, I only code for 3dsmax, but I guess someone will do it
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    I just use 3d coat....But this is pretty damn cool. Looks great!
  • AFsoft
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    looks like zbrush, wohw !
  • Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    I do not generally buy addons, but i like this one! The price that you have though is pre-tax so you should give a heads up. I am not really in a happy mood when the end price is not the one i see, just speaking for myself .However  the time i will save with this instead of 3ds max's ribbon is great, so i'll post my feedback experience after a while if you'd like!

edit: This tool is great, normally i was spending 1 afternoon for retopologising e.g. one sculpted chair (so, not so many straight edges), but with this tool it can happen in less than 1 hour lol. It generates topology so fast and accurate, and the relax tool is the best i've seen. It's like zbrush's smooth while remaining on the HP surface...! I haven't tried it on a heavy HP mesh yet, so i don't know if it is a slow tool when it is given some million tris to handle.
  • GKirill22
    It looks awesome! It'd be great to have a free trial or just functional limited version to try the plugin. 
  • cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Larry said:This tool is great, normally i was spending 1 afternoon for retopologising e.g. one sculpted chair (so, not so many straight edges), but with this tool it can happen in less than 1 hour lol. It generates topology so fast and accurate, and the relax tool is the best i've seen. It's like zbrush's smooth while remaining on the HP surface...! I haven't tried it on a heavy HP mesh yet, so i don't know if it is a slow tool when it is given some million tris to handle.
    Do you have any prior experience with WrapIt and can compare? Thanks in advance :)
  • Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    cptSwing said:
    Larry said:This tool is great, normally i was spending 1 afternoon for retopologising e.g. one sculpted chair (so, not so many straight edges), but with this tool it can happen in less than 1 hour lol. It generates topology so fast and accurate, and the relax tool is the best i've seen. It's like zbrush's smooth while remaining on the HP surface...! I haven't tried it on a heavy HP mesh yet, so i don't know if it is a slow tool when it is given some million tris to handle.
    Do you have any prior experience with WrapIt and can compare? Thanks in advance :)
    No, in the end i came to the conclusion that this tool is great for its cap function and the fact that you can relax a mesh on a surface, meaning i can quickly make a low poly in the really general shapes, subdivide it, and then relax it onto the surface. The rest of the functions are a little bit like the ribbon and the retopo tools in 3ds max, but for other software it might provide a much better use 

• cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Cheers for the reply!