Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag Wishlist

Kalin
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Kalin null
Hello all, 

I couldn't find a dedicated page for a Marmoset Toolbag Wishlist, so feel free to let me know if that's not the right place.

To the point :smile:
I love Marmoset Toolbag and it is my ultimate choice for rendering everything, but lately I've been thinking about a feature, that would make the whole experience even greater and it is Multiple Viewports.

It is just too hard to nail the position of an object or a light that is outside the limits of the visible area of my main camera, which usually I keep locked when I'm happy with a certain composition or is animated and I can't move it anyway. My current workarounds include working cameras, to which I switch to to manipulate the objects and then go back to the main camera, and so on and so forth until I nail the right position, or use the type in boxes in the properties. Which leads me to another suggestion which is slider controls for the Position, like the ones on the Rotation. 

That's all from me, keep up the good work!

PS: Feel free to post more suggestions here if you like :) 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Kalin,

Both of these are reasonable requests that we should be able to add in a future version. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I was looking for the same thing just now and was debating starting a thread, but my feature request are so small I didn't think it worth it. 

But, since Kalin broke the path.....

Is there a reason undo/redo does not affect object transform changes? I know this is really small pickings, but sometimes you rotate an object to see part of it in different lighting or whatever ( I know you can rotate lights, of course. This is more for seeing the bottom of a foot or something without bringing in a new light.) -- would be nice to just hit undo to pop it back to place.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was looking for the same thing just now and was debating starting a thread, but my feature request are so small I didn't think it worth it. 

But, since Kalin broke the path.....

Is there a reason undo/redo does not affect object transform changes? I know this is really small pickings, but sometimes you rotate an object to see part of it in different lighting or whatever ( I know you can rotate lights, of course. This is more for seeing the bottom of a foot or something without bringing in a new light.) -- would be nice to just hit undo to pop it back to place.
    I'm not sure what you mean, undo works with transforms for all object types. Can you double check this? There may be some sort of bug. Please let me know if there is a specific series of actions that causes undo to stop registering.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    No shit. Glad I posted this. 

Sure enough, undo works as expected. What doesn't work is the macro I have on my logitech mouse. Funny, it works across all other apps and doesn't have any kind of specialized profiles setup, so I just never thought to check it.

It's a Logitech G502, and the software is Logitech Gaming Software :  
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No shit. Glad I posted this. 

Sure enough, undo works as expected. What doesn't work is the macro I have on my logitech mouse. Funny, it works across all other apps and doesn't have any kind of specialized profiles setup, so I just never thought to check it.

It's a Logitech G502, and the software is Logitech Gaming Software :  
    Ah that makes sense, it's probably just a hardware level input that we don't expect to get. Thanks for the report.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Small complaint/suggestion here, I have an intensive scene I'm working on, the inside of a room; I've adjusted the voxel scene fit, and made it so it's lines up perfectly with the room, while still containing it. The center of the room isn't the scene center.

The problem is, it seems every time I load in a new object, it readjusts where the voxel "box" is, even with "Re-voxelize" unchecked.

Maybe some sort of "refresh voxels on object import" checkbox, to turn this sort of thing off?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson said:
    Small complaint/suggestion here, I have an intensive scene I'm working on, the inside of a room; I've adjusted the voxel scene fit, and made it so it's lines up perfectly with the room, while still containing it. The center of the room isn't the scene center.

The problem is, it seems every time I load in a new object, it readjusts where the voxel "box" is, even with "Re-voxelize" unchecked.

Maybe some sort of "refresh voxels on object import" checkbox, to turn this sort of thing off?
    Hey Andrew, are you using the latest version? This was an issue in 3.03 or 3.04 I think but it should be resolved in 3.05.

How this works is the voxel fit setting is relative to the scene size, so if you're adding new objects and making the scene bounding box larger, that will affect the voxel settings.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Haven't played with 3.05 as much, so I'll have to play around a bit and check. But I take your word for it! Glad to hear it. Thanks!
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Hey, I would like to add - A slider for AO strength / contrast
    AO bakes in general are not exactly realistic, and having to edit it every time in photoshop is a stretch because its a bit too dark or too linear.

(Also if you enable the ground plane AO, it also gets extremely dark, with often little white space left on the texture, there definitely should to be a contrast setting)

A photoshop / C4D gradient remap graph would be ideal if you had such one, solving both at once and allowing crazy things even. 
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I would like Vertex Colors to pad normally versus translucent at the edges depending on how the vertex is hit. :(
  • Saturnineage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know if there is a plugin out there for this or not...

I would really love to see a render timer implemented:  An estimated time to completion, Current time elapsed, and a Total time once completed.   I often leave animations to render overnight, but I have no way of knowing how long the process actually took.  This is very important when I'm giving out a timeline for a job, and it helps set realistic expectations.
  • nuge9951
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any chance we could get a walk and fly mode in the Marmoset Viewer