Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

City cement post

kevingamerartist
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
Hi all,

This is a prop I recently did. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• Square_Triangle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What program did you screenshot this in? Do you have Marmoset Toolbag? The lighting is flat. Better to see it in a small scene with ground plane and shadowing and you can also display the wireframe of the model. Will this be part of a more developed street scene?
  • kevingamerartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
    @Square_Triangle I did screenshot this in Marmoset Toolbag. I've been messing around with the lighting in this program for a little bit, and it's hard to get it right since it's a bit wonky to get it right. To answer the second part of this question, I haven't decided yet, but yes either a developed street scene, or something similar to it. I'm currently developing more props to build a small scene.
  • Square_Triangle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add a ground plane for a shadow catcher. What sky environment are you using (the default)? Marmoset 3 lighting is really not too difficult to work with. Try some of the different sky environments and rotate the environment light around and check its brightness.. Did you create just one light (default spot)? Did you use a Substance Painter default material for the basic texture? Did you paint the dimples (height channel) or are you using one of the presets (such as one of the default "skin" normals) plugged into the normal channel?