Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jonatan Nunes - Artstation Wild West Challenge - Game Character Art Progress

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Isunoj polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys!
I decided to do a thread for my work in the Artstation Wild west Challenge. 
Artstation is an excellent platform for dissemination but I feel I do not yet have a strong culture of discussion and feedback as in the forums. That's why I decided to create a topic here in Polycount.
Although I am not so active in the discussions, I have been following the forum for long time and I know that the people here are very active.
Here is my Submission on Artstation.
C&C are welcome.

LAST UPDATE:

Gun 2

Hi guys, I finished the last high poly model. A Smith & Wesson revolver.

Replies

• Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9

Concept

It was very difficult to choose one among so many cool designs.

After thinking hard, my choice was for the wonderful design of Marco Hasmann, Gunslinger - "The Ex-Prostitute".

Please check your excellent submission: Marco Hasmann.

• Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9
    Latest updates

• Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9

Boots Update

I finished the first pass of high poly boots.

• Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9

Overview

Just a little update.
    An overview to get an idea if everything is working. I think I'm almost finishing the high poly.

• FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    That's a pretty nice WIP. The biggest critique from me is that her arms could be raised at least to a 45 degree A-pose. Right now you'd have a hard time to retopology her armpits, let alone bake textures for them. Other than that, keep at it! ;)
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Love the proportions om this figure. The details speak for themselves. The thighs seem to be a little thicker than what you normally see in relation to the arms, which adds loads of appeal to your interpretation of the concept.

Will keep an eye on this one.
    Great work!
  • Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9
    That's a pretty nice WIP. The biggest critique from me is that her arms could be raised at least to a 45 degree A-pose. Right now you'd have a hard time to retopology her armpits, let alone bake textures for them. Other than that, keep at it! ;)
    Thanks for the comment @FourtyNights. I'm still going to put the arms to 45º. The only reason to leave them that way is that I feel more comfortable to model the hands.
  • Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9
    kanga said:
    Love the proportions om this figure. The details speak for themselves. The thighs seem to be a little thicker than what you normally see in relation to the arms, which adds loads of appeal to your interpretation of the concept.

Will keep an eye on this one.
    Great work!
    Thanks for the comment Kanga. I'm glad.
  • Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9

Hello guys. I finished the high poly base of the gun. Now I go to the detailing phase, put some relief ornaments.

• Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9

Gun details

Another difficult week. 

I worked on some details of relief of the weapon and the low poly is already done. I am also finalizing another weapon, which I will post soon.

• Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9

Gun 2

Hi guys, I finished the last high poly model. A Smith & Wesson revolver.

• pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Isunoj said:

Gun details

Another difficult week. 

I worked on some details of relief of the weapon and the low poly is already done. I am also finalizing another weapon, which I will post soon.

Could you share your process on how you got these details onto the model? Pretty Please?
  • Isunoj
    Offline / Send Message
    Isunoj polycounter lvl 9

This detail was made by projecting images. I did the mapping of the mesh in 3DS Max, I generated the UV template (For those who do not use Max, UV template is a kind of "print" of the space 0-1 of your map) to serve as a reference, I exported to Photoshop and I was adjusting image to try to fit the mapping. This part is a bit complicated, because it is difficult to get an image that fits perfectly, so I had to make many adjustments to the image, including painting some parts by hand. Done that last part, which is the most delayed, the rest is simple. Only export mesh to ZB and project with Noisemaker.
    I do not know if you understand, but if you have been confused, just let me know what I will be happy to demonstrate in more detail.  :blush: