Home General Discussion

Autodesk @ GDC 2018: Calling all Indies!

null
Offline / Send Message
lcymet null
Hey Folks! 

For anyone attending GDC 2018 - Autodesk will be holding an Indie Games Summit Wed Mar 21st 1-2:30pm, where we will be showing off some new work (see below) and having a round-table discussion to better understand how we can help Indie Game devs and artists working on interactive content.  Details and registration are here: http://www.cvent.com/d/7tq4qz

If you are at GDC, it would be fantastic to have your voice at this event. Please RSVP if you are interested and feel free to share with anyone you think would like to attend as well.  

Here’s some of what we’ll be talking about:
  • A new interop workflow between Maya / Max / Maya LT and Unity
  • Recent features that make rigging and modelling simpler and faster
  • ...And more!
You will learn some new skills here that we hope will speed up your workflow and let you focus more on making games, and it's a great opportunity to let us know where else we can help you best. 

Thanks,

Laurence Cymet

Replies

• Dubious_Fellow
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubious_Fellow polycounter lvl 7
    How are we supposed to afford £200 per month?
  • ExcessiveZero
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Lol beat me to it. 
  • Axi5
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    Maya LT is £30 a month 
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    > A new interop workflow between Maya / Max / Maya LT and Unity

Finally - I kept tell the AD guys who visited us each year that this would be really, really nice! crossing my fingers, hope AD will be giving us something good with this!
  • spacefrog
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    Axi5 said:
    Maya LT is £30 a month 
    Good for you Maya guys, does not help the indie oriented 3ds Max userbase. The 3ds Max userbase would definitely deserve some Indie friendly licensing option too. Best would be something like the Unity license splitting based on revenue (  100k  or 200k per  yr  )
  • Axi5
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    spacefrog said:
    Axi5 said:
    Maya LT is £30 a month 
    Good for you Maya guys, does not help the indie oriented 3ds Max userbase. The 3ds Max userbase would definitely deserve some Indie friendly licensing option too. Best would be something like the Unity license splitting based on revenue (  100k  or 200k per  yr  )
    Yeah I appreciate that sucks, I just thought I'd mention it since it's not like they don't offer an alternative.
  • Noren
    Offline / Send Message
    Noren polycounter lvl 19
    Simply not ramping up the maintenance prices in order to force people into rental would also go a long way for smaller developers, because sticking to their current version will be one of the first decisions that many will make and some I know already have made, followed by not renting, but looking for alternatives. It will be hard to reach these people with initiatives or improvements. Lowering the prices drastically might, but would be quite surprising, looking at the current course.
  • Cibo
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    My wishlist for Maya LT:

Make it avaiable at Steam
    Mudbox Bundle

At first i sayed tthat Unreal4 is your Renderer but after using Modo with Materials/Matcaps/Round Edge Shader i really miss the Maya LT Render Option.
  • pixelquaternion
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelquaternion polycounter lvl 6
    They should seriously lower the price of 3ds max subscription since many are currently switching to blender and i might be one of them in the not so distant feature!
    Most indie developers are starting on Blender and later on they will be real studio and autodesk will lose a lot of business.
  • spacefrog
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    Cibo said:
    My wishlist for Maya LT:

Make it avaiable at Steam

Wasn't this the case anyways ? But i seem to remember that Autodesk ended this, not sure though...