Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[W.I.P.] Lowpoly truck

Tru1zzz
null
Offline / Send Message
Tru1zzz null
Hey everyone! I decided to push my skill in modeling, so i'll make some post apocalyptic asset.
So here is a start of first one - lowpoly truck. Any critique and suggestions are welcome. Thanks =) 

Replies

• Tru1zzz
    Offline / Send Message
    Tru1zzz null
    Hey guys! Slowly its get some progress =) Here is baking version

And highpoly version

• Protokoll_Studio
    Offline / Send Message
    Protokoll_Studio polycounter lvl 4
    Eh ! That's a nice truck. What is your reference ?
  • Tru1zzz
    Offline / Send Message
    Tru1zzz null
    Eh ! That's a nice truck. What is your reference ?
    Hey! Thanks! I used several different references. This ones are main i guess =)
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Cool concept, and nice work so far. 

After you get finished with this one, you might think about making lots of "upgrade" items, and assemble a fleet of badass trucks. Might even try selling them in a package on some store. And just wait till you get to the texturing, that's going to be a lot of fun.
  • deanmay
    Offline / Send Message
    deanmay polycounter lvl 4
    Might try overlapping the scrap paneling on the baking version, so the pieces aren't so much tiled as assembled.  Like the door on your second piece of reference.
  • Tru1zzz
    Offline / Send Message
    Tru1zzz null
    Cool concept, and nice work so far. 

After you get finished with this one, you might think about making lots of "upgrade" items, and assemble a fleet of badass trucks. Might even try selling them in a package on some store. And just wait till you get to the texturing, that's going to be a lot of fun.
    Thanks! Yep, already thought about it (like, maybe, weapons, canisters etc.) Texturing version will coming soon i hope =)

deanmay said:
    Might try overlapping the scrap paneling on the baking version, so the pieces aren't so much tiled as assembled.  Like the door on your second piece of reference.
    Good suggestion, thanks. But i thinks in baking it'll look too flat. Maybe i should do it with geometry?
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I think what he meant was, your armor reinforcement panels are each sitting separately on the that one base plane. But in real life, and in your reference, armor reinforcements like that are usually layered one over top of each other. For instance, on the pickup truck image, look how there is a top and bottom panel on the door, and then one over both of them that protects the seam.

Just spend some time looking over those reference images like you are an engineer trying to deconstruct them, and you'll see the difference.