Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - VFX

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] - Kassyndra

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Kassyndra triangle

*Master Post*

Jan 16
Hello fellow creator! I hope I am not too late for this train!

I will be doing a VFX for this custom ability I thought of:

Essence of the Glade (R)
Hurl a magical projectile to a location which detonate upon impact, summoning a strange area which grant everyone inside a high magic resistance. After a period of time a field of flowers blooms in the area, healing all allies and remove all debuff from them.

Midsummer's Daydream (R)
Hurl a magical projectile to a location which detonate upon impact, summons a strange area which renders everyone inside frozen in place and takes 80% reduced magic damage. Once the area expires, all allies inside are healed and becomes immune to all crowd-control effect for 2/3/4 seconds.

As its name suggest, I draw an inspiration from faerie and the Glade from which Pix originated. The VFX has 6 parts:

- Cast animation ✓
- The projectile ✓
- Detonation #1
- Lingering area 
- Detonation #2 
- Buff 

As I plan for it to be an ultimate ability, I allow myself a bit more room to play with its effect.

Jan 18
A mockup to see how it would/should look like.

This spell takes 9 seconds to finish so it is probably weak. Joke aside, I will be using Unity for this entry.

Jan 20
The cast animation. I also change the name of the 'spell'

Midsummer's Daydream (R)
Hurl a magical projectile to a location which detonate upon impact, summons a strange area which renders everyone inside frozen in place and takes 80% reduced magic damage. Once the area expires, all allies inside are healed and becomes immune to all crow-control effect for 2 seconds.

The projectile

Jan 21
The impact

Some minor tweak to the animation and timing

Jan 22
The area

Jan 23
The area animation

Everything composed

Jan 24
Minor tweaks

Jan 24