Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Real time hair tutorial

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
nimlot26 polycount lvl 666
I've created this tutorial so that you can see my workflow for the real time hair creation.
You can get it from my gumroad:
https://gumroad.com/products/yXlMP

More images and marmoset viewer:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dmR1K

I hope it will help some of you who struggle with making hair in 3ds max. Cheers

Replies

• Pav3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pav3d insane polycounter
    Nice! Looking forward to this :D
  • nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pav3d said:
    Nice! Looking forward to this :D
    I hope you'll find it useful :)
  • ClumsyPen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ClumsyPen polycounter lvl 2
    looks lovely, good job!
  • nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ClumsyPen said:
    looks lovely, good job!
    thanks

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Why is there music in the tutorial?  I have my own music; this just muddies the spoken audio which I personally have to focus a little more to understand clearly.  I get that it's classical music, but still, it's unnecessary and distracting.

The lack of breakup in the tutorial video is not good to me.  It makes zeroing in on specific moments quickly more difficult than it needs to be at initial viewing.  It doesn't feel flexible.

The final render looks solid, but there's more editing work needed to make this tutorial shine.
  • nimlot26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why is there music in the tutorial?  I have my own music; this just muddies the spoken audio which I personally have to focus a little more to understand clearly.  I get that it's classical music, but still, it's unnecessary and distracting.

The lack of breakup in the tutorial video is not good to me.  It makes zeroing in on specific moments quickly more difficult than it needs to be at initial viewing.  It doesn't feel flexible.

The final render looks solid, but there's more editing work needed to make this tutorial shine.
    So you don't like the tutorial because of the background music?  No problem mate. Give me the email address you used when purchasing it and I'll give you a refund.
  • D_Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D_Choi node
    Hey, I just got your tutorial, I was struggling with my own project and hopefully your tutorial helps me upgrade my skill :) I just bough it and started watching it, so far I already learned something new so I have good feeling about it. will update my outcome once I apply it on my project. Btw, I see why Brian was pointing out the music, may be it's my headphone but the music almost at the same level with your voice and I get distracted from time to time. It would be great if you could provide one without the music. I'll come back with the result later ;) thank you for making this tutorial.
  • JCS3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JCS3D polycounter lvl 9
    Hi Georgian,

I bought your "real-time hair tutorial" a few weeks ago and am having a bit of trouble following along. This is not because of the background music as others have mentioned. I dont mind the music at all but the speed at which you go go through certain steps makes it difficult to follow or understand what you are doing.  I am currently only about 40 minutes into your tutorial and have watched the following (at time 27:10 to 27:50) where you briefly explain what you are doing in Photoshop.  You mention a plug-in from your friend but you dont really mention what you are doing in Photoshop other than stating "making some groups".  Could you please explain that process further?

I also tried installing the Photoshop BCM Panel - 2.1 plug-in (I am using Photoshop CS6) and get an error message of
    Is this plug-in only compatible with a newer version of PS?

Any help with these is greatly appreciated.