Home Technical Talk

[3ds max] loaded UV's do not collapse into the object

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Larry interpolator
Hey guys, so what's happening is that i have a .max file where i have posed my robot and another max that i had to bake the head seperately. 

So i save the uv's of the exact same model, load them on the model but when i colapse it, it creates other seams. I reset the xform i tried rotating it back to a straight position, nothing.

see below

This was the object

After i load the UV's which are exactly the same 
after i colapse and re-use the modifier

Why does it not keep the uv?

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Have you checked for unwelded vertices in the Editable Poly?
  • Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    I did but will try again when i go home. I think if it has different number of verts the "load UV" function does not work.
    I unchecked "preserve custom attributes" and it fixed SOME but still keeps creating weird seams when i collapse it. Now it creates the seams in different places, actually
    I also tried reseting xform, collapsing, convert to editable poly, convert to editable mesh and poly again, tried different order with these, nothing. I might check if it created any weird polygons underneath and cannot weld them maybe.

But in the uv editor, when click the action "select overlapping polygons" or "flipped polygons" it does not seem to be selecting anything, unless it does perform an action but i am not able to see it
  • Eric Chadwick
    Try adding a Morpher modifier to the posed model, and load the unposed version as a morph target, then set it to 100%. 
  • monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Make sure your UVW Unwrap is set to UV Channel 1 when loading the UV.
  • Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Try adding a Morpher modifier to the posed model, and load the unposed version as a morph target, then set it to 100%. 
    That took care of the problem :) Thanks alot :)