Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Dosso - 3D journey

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Dosso polycounter lvl 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvbDC4U4TfM

(First clip made inside UE4 with the last update in my WIP project with firt ambiance test)

Hi there, this is my first post here and i'd like to share my progress for this new project :)

[WIP] SECIIIU-IV - Hardsurface project

I started this personal project in order to perfect my hardsurface skills on the low/high poly workflow (Sketch/Blockout/Modeling low & high/UVs/Baking/Texturing/Integration in UE). I'm learnig a lot along the way ! 
My goal is to create one big industrial machinery ensemble, and have multiple assemblies, staying the lowest in poly counting. I started to sketch ideas of structures and combinations. Then i started modeling a base on assets for the blockout part and see various possibilities. In order to achive such combinations i have done the modeling (high/low) and UVs part for almost 45 assets. I'm currently in the texturing part (in Substance Painter). I have created a Smart Material in SP with all my costum materials, few decals and normal details maps to project on my meshes.

I usually use Skechfab and Marmoset (4K maps) to check. All renders except ensembles one are made with IRAY right now.

I will post here all the finished assets as they come and i hope you'll like it ;)

Megastructure : SECIIIU-IV 
Manufacturer : ELDERON DYNAMICS

Modelign/UVs: 3dsMax Texturing/Baking: Substance Painter

All finished assets so far (around 39 to go). Marmoset renders (4k maps).

Here's some of sketches that i use as inspiration and reference for design:

Here are my real life inspirations for industrial machinery designs and materials:

For this project i created one big costum Smart Material with all my materials (painted metal, chromes, ect...). Also some big decals maps :smile:

I quickly did some blockout compositions with few assets (V1) and then did the modeling part (Low/high) and UVs for almost 45 assets:

Hook Base - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps):

model

Angle Skin 1 & 2 - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps)

Sketchfab model:

model

model

Back Attache - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps):

Sketchfab model:

model

Mega Hook - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (2x4k maps):

Sketchfab model:

model

Central Axe - Low poly textured in SP. Renders in IRAY (1x4k maps):

Sketchfab model:

model