Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Bi-Weekly Substance Challenge (Challenge 13, 14, 15, Materialize)

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
3DKyle interpolator

Hello everyone, welcome to the Bi-Weekly Substance Challenge. 

How it works
  • Every 2 weeks a new reference will be shared to be recreated, you are also encouraged to find your own reference, as long as it still fits the topic for that bi-weekly substance, for example if we share a mud reference, you can gather you own mud reference. 
  • You can be creative with the reference and make it look either realistic, stylized or hand-painted, it is up to you.

Guidelines
  • Try and give constructive criticism, giving and receiving this should help each of us artist grow.
  • This is a Substance Challenge, so stick with that software.
  • You can post Wip's and finished materials here. 
  • Don't share work you've done in the pass, if you done a material before, try it again don't try pass old work off as something you did for this. 
  • Final material renders to be rendered in a real-time engine (Marmoset, UE4, Unity, Cryengine, Stingray, IRay is also accepted).
  • This is a learning experience for all, don't be afraid to ask questions.
  • Learn all that you can and do share what you also learn. 
  • Please be respectful to each and everyone. 

Discord
We have a channel in the Allegorithmic Discord group where you can share WIP's and final images as well as discuss the challenge, Click here to go to it.
If you have any other questions in relations to any of the Allegorithmic's software, use the appropriate channels for those questions.

Resources

Previous Challenges

I'm currently moving and not going to be near my pc for a while so I've done 3 challenges to keep you guys busy. I'll try and drop in from time to time with feedback. 

Challenge 13 - Sci-Fi Wall || 28th August - 11th September
Click the images for higher resolutions. (From gametextures.com)

Challenge 14 - Mars Surface || 12th September - 26th September
Click the images for higher resolutions.

Challenge 15 - Lava || 27th September - 11th October 
Click the images for higher resolutions.

Materialize - 24th October - 24th November
It finally has arrived. A new substance challenge but this time from Allegorithmic. 
Click the image to find out more information. 

Replies