Home Technical Talk

Maya GOZ problem..

Hey guys...new problem with Maya Go to Zbrush button...I have no problem when i want to export a model into Zbrush...but when I want to export a model from Zbrush to Maya, Maya oppens and no model inside..help? :poly118:
Sometimes i get this error:
Loading GoZ support...done!
file -f -new;
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 43: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. //
// untitled //
// Error: file: C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\Maya\GoZBrushToMaya.mel line 113: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.0 (built Jul 25 2013 11:21:20)
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.0 (built Jul 25 2013 11:21:20)
updateRendererUI;
// Error: file: C:/Users/Public/Pixologic/GoZApps/Maya/GoZBrushToMaya.mel line 113: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Public/Pixologic/GoZApps/Maya/GoZBrushToMaya.mel line 113: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //

Replies

• Zack-StefyRO
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    beats me dude, if noone here has a clue, try pixologic or post a thread on zbc troubleshooting section
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Not sure but try going from zbrush to maya instead. Or just make sure your mesh is clean in maya.
  • Zack-StefyRO
    Thats the problem! I can't export from Zbrush to maya...maya starts, but no model inside :( ...but I can export from Maya to Zbrush without a problem..
  • Phil-Sanchez
    Online / Send Message
    Phil-Sanchez polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Zach,

Just a couple stabs in the dark, but if this is a recent problem, have you reinstalled or moved Maya or zbrush anytime recently? (ie moving them from the C drive or something like that?) If it is, maybe try reinstalling the program?

Other than that, it looks like the main issue is you need to make sure you have Mayatomr plugin installed where the GoZ script knows where to look. Do you have the script installed (I read somewhere that it sometimes isn't)?

Good luck, and hope this helps!
  • dr grim
    You have Maya 2015 installed. Did you install it having Maya 2014 or any other Maya version ALREADY installed? You need to check your Maya.env file in the 2015 folder in MyDocuments. Installing a new version having one there already is a headache, I went through that recently and had to do some editing and I am not quite sure I got it perfectly but so far it works. In Windows/Settings/Preferences/Plugin Manager check the path Maya 2015 thinks the plugins are at. Is it using Maya 2014's instead of 2015's? Copy paste your Maya.env here so we can see it.

Did you -in ZB- reinstall GoZ? If not, shut down Maya before you do so and try again.

Good Luck!
  • Zack-StefyRO
    @Phil, nope, I haven't moved any Maya or Zbrush files ever :) How do I reinstall/install Mayatomr? Do I really need to install Mental Ray?!
    @dr grim,Yes , I have Maya 2015, and nope..just a clean install...there's nothing into that Maya.env file in Documents..also, nothing in the scripts folder! :(
  • Zack-StefyRO
    UPDATE: I've reinstalled Maya + Mental Ray..now it works..thanks ya'll for the answers and keep up the great work! :)
  • Nitecon
    For folks coming here looking for an answer to Goz -> Maya 2016. You have to install mentalray plugin not just satelite which is available here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/mental-ray-plugin-for-maya-2016.html

And then also once maya 2016 is started check Windows > Settings / Prefs > Plugins and make sure Mayatoml is loaded + auto loaded then it works again.

Kinda mad at myself for missing that haha.
  • Keegan.edwards
    Offline / Send Message
    Keegan.edwards polycounter lvl 7
    Nitecon wrote: »
    For folks coming here looking for an answer to Goz -> Maya 2016. You have to install mentalray plugin not just satelite which is available here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/mental-ray-plugin-for-maya-2016.html

And then also once maya 2016 is started check Windows > Settings / Prefs > Plugins and make sure Mayatoml is loaded + auto loaded then it works again.

Thanks Dude ! Really appreciate the link.
  • JayCool
    Offline / Send Message
    JayCool null
    Nitecon wrote: »

Thanks so much ! :)
  • altermind
    Offline / Send Message
    altermind polycounter lvl 5
    brilliant..... the mental ray thing did the trick!
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    I haven't installed GoZ yet, but am I understanding this correctly? For GoZ to work in Maya 2016 you have to install Mental Ray too? W-why?
  • CafeNight
    Offline / Send Message
    CafeNight polycounter lvl 5
    its magic
    finnaly solved problem Mental Ray makes all worth, dont need reinstall Maya or GOZ just install mental Ray then GOZ
  • Crolock
    Offline / Send Message
    Crolock polycounter lvl 4
    Edit... Installing mental ray has solved all the little issues I still had with GOZ, my workaround was not that clean xD

""Another workaround if you don't want to install mentalray is to find this "Mayatomr" and quote corresponding lines

//}
    //

// GoZBrushToMaya requires Mental Ray plugin.
    //if (`pluginInfo -query -loaded -name "Mayatomr"`==0)
    //{
    // loadPlugin "Mayatomr" ;
    // //setCurrentRenderer mentalRay;
    //}

in this file C :Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\Maya\GoZBrushToMaya.mel""
  • absorbentghost
    Offline / Send Message
    absorbentghost polycounter lvl 6
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Public/Pixologic/GoZApps/Maya/GoZBrushToMaya.mel line 139: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.

Please help , GOz from zbrush to maya not working .Keep getting this error from mentl Ray . I don't have it installed because mental ray is obsolete to me , moved on to arnold . Why do i need mental ray for GOZ any ways?
  • jRocket
    Offline / Send Message
    jRocket polycounter lvl 18
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Public/Pixologic/GoZApps/Maya/GoZBrushToMaya.mel line 139: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.

Please help , GOz from zbrush to maya not working .Keep getting this error from mentl Ray . I don't have it installed because mental ray is obsolete to me , moved on to arnold . Why do i need mental ray for GOZ any ways?

You don't need Mental Ray. Just comment out the lines in the post above yours and it should work. You could also try submitting a ticket at https://support.pixologic.com to let them know its broken since Maya no longer has to install Mental Ray with it.
  • Crolock
    Offline / Send Message
    Crolock polycounter lvl 4
    Just install the maya 2016 mentalray plugin, don't forget to activate the plugin mayatomr.mll in windows/ setting-preferences / plugin. I don't know exactly why but it's needed but it works perfectly.

managerhttp://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/mental-ray-plugin-for-maya-2016.html
  • 19ulrich90
    Offline / Send Message
    19ulrich90 polycounter lvl 8
    Hi, I'm just gonna post my problem here. Does anybody know why is GOZ opening new maya scene everytime I want to import from Zbrush to Maya, instead of importing object into opened scene? I'm following some tutorial and the guy just presed GOZ button in zbrush and it imported object to opened maya scene.

EDIT: Ok solved, so if anyone else encounters this problem, I just forced Goz reinstall in Zbrush under Preferences
  • SHIV 4 U
    Offline / Send Message
    SHIV 4 U polycounter lvl 3
    install mental ray Plugin for Maya 2016.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/mental-ray-plugin-for-maya-2016.html

go to maya>windows>settings/preferences>preferences>Plug-in manager
    check on loaded and auto load.
    now both Maya 2016 to Zbrush and Zbrush to Maya 2016 works fine.
  • dr_martins
    Hey Guys,

its as easy as this:
    go to the file:
    C:/Users/Public/Pixologic/GoZApps/Maya/GoZBrushToMaya.mel

and remove or comment out the lines 132-138:
    132  // // ------------------------------------------
    133  // // GoZBrushToMaya requires Mental Ray plugin.
    134  // if (`pluginInfo -query -loaded -name "Mayatomr"`==0)
    135  // {
    136  //   loadPlugin "Mayatomr" ;
    137  //   //setCurrentRenderer mentalRay;
    138  // }

Save and try again... that's it.
    Turns out mental ray is not really needed!

Cheers - have fun!
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    sgtkoolaid polycounter lvl 11
    Hey Guys,

its as easy as this:
    go to the file:

135  // {
    138  // }

Cheers - have fun!
    you beautiful bastard. I love you. :) worked like a charm.
  • shayleen_hulbert
    Offline / Send Message
    shayleen_hulbert interpolator
    Hey Guys,

its as easy as this:
    go to the file:

135  // {
    138  // }

Cheers - have fun!
    you beautiful bastard. I love you. :) worked like a charm.
    I'm using maya 2017 and this worked!
    Thank you!
  • Blindness
    Offline / Send Message
    Blindness polycounter lvl 8
    goz open 4 every mesh a new maya program.. and i install mentalray for maya 2017 i try the delete lines on the script too and doesnt work for me. another bug i have its when i import without goz , zb tell me to add the subdivs and if i say no my scales go big... help!
  • Colnix
    Offline / Send Message
    Colnix polycounter lvl 4
     thanks a lot for sharing the Mental ray fix,
     i have been trying to remove the "GoZ Maya Event Receiver Window" but no success anyone that wanted to do the same? and that accomplished it?.
     the code seams to be in GoZScript.mel file but if i delete it zbrush will start opening maya everytime Zbrush try's to send it to maya, i just find that i dont need that window there its annoying at some point :( i prefer to use a shelf button or marking menu.

• mu4talent
    Offline / Send Message
    mu4talent polycounter lvl 3
    Hey guys...new problem with Maya Go to Zbrush button...I have no problem when i want to export a model into Zbrush...but when I want to export a model from Zbrush to Maya, Maya oppens and no model inside..help? :poly118:
    Sometimes i get this error:
    Loading GoZ support...done!
    file -f -new;
    // Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 43: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. //
    // untitled //
    // Error: file: C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\Maya\GoZBrushToMaya.mel line 113: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //
    commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
    // AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.0 (built Jul 25 2013 11:21:20)
    // AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.0 (built Jul 25 2013 11:21:20)
    updateRendererUI;
    I had the same issue, after install mentalray, It worked :) 
    http://blog.kjinteractive.net/2016/goz-to-maya-problems-and-solutions/