Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alebrijes 3D stuff- Very thankful for any critiques and feedback

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Alebrijes vertex
Hello Polycount! I'm new to the community, but I finally decided to give it a try in hopes to get my work out there and critiqued by fellow artists. I greatly appreciate any feedback and look forward to being able to become part of the community (˃́ꇴ˂̀) There's still a lot I don't know about 3D but can't wait to learn!

Current WIP**

OK here goes.
This one is my latest model. Pardon the dirty geometry <(*- -*)> , wanted to get to texturing right away, I was inspired by the painted style of WOW and LoL.
model
Here are a few older ones I uploaded to sketchfab.
model

model

model

A stylized portrait of actress Bae Doona. I had trouble (still do) texturing skin, it looked right in Zbrush with the skin material but I couldn't get it to look how I liked in Marmoset so I haven't uploaded her yet.  I think I try to get too painterly with it, my background is as a 2D artist so PBR texturing is still a bit of a learning curve. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. ( ´ ▽ ` ) 

This guy I did a few months ago when I was just relearning about normal maps ( I didn't know how little I understood about them until I tackled this guy) I've learned a lot more about baking and want to tackle him again, I'll definitely want to tackle his vest again (first time hardsurface-ing too -_-)

Replies

• Alebrijes
    Offline / Send Message
    Alebrijes vertex
    This is my first hand painted environment. I took the Model and Texture Stylized Dungeon for Games Udemy course, and though I went a completely different direction in theme I learned a lot from it, I definitely recommend it. 
  • mimine
    Offline / Send Message
    mimine polycounter lvl 5
    Oh hey, I remember your Noah model! Your newest model is a big improvement detail-wise! Lovely work, keep it up : ) 
  • Alebrijes
    Offline / Send Message
    Alebrijes vertex
    Thank  you Mimine! :D
  • Alebrijes
    Offline / Send Message
    Alebrijes vertex

Wanted to practice skin texturing so I made a Salarian-y alien bust (got mass effect on my mind lately XD ) and tried out my XYZ alphas. Those alphas are a really great buy.  
  • Generic_Human
    Offline / Send Message
    Generic_Human polycounter lvl 3
    hey i really liked the fantasy deer you did, the wow/lol style is my favorite, would you mind posting the hp?
    the salarian is looking good  is that polypaint? i will suggest to send back his shoulders to give a more natural pose and a little bit of definition on the jaw will help it too
  • Alebrijes
    Offline / Send Message
    Alebrijes vertex
    Thanks Generic! :D  Here's the BPR of the HP. for the deer.

As for the Salarian-y alien  yep just polypaint a mix of painting and projecting from a photograph
    For the shoulders I may have.... skimped on giving him shoulders

I'm terrible.... I got a bit hasty in getting to the skin texturing I rushed a lot of other important things. I just really wanted to try out my shiny new XYZ alphas.  He's not meant to be a portfolio piece, but it's a good lesson to remember not to post a rushed design. <(_ _)>
  • Alebrijes
    Offline / Send Message
    Alebrijes vertex
    WIP blockout of a new creature piece i started tonight. I sketched out the design for last year's inktober. 

I'll be recording my process for this one too, hopefully Zbrush doesn't crash too much  ∗ •́ ڡ •̀ ∗ 
  • Generic_Human
    Offline / Send Message
    Generic_Human polycounter lvl 3
    that is a neat deer haha for the salarian i can see now, nothing wrong with a quick practice .
    cool doge concept its going to be nice to see the translation to 3d keep it up!
  • Alebrijes
    Offline / Send Message
    Alebrijes vertex
    :D Aye!
    Decided to continue practicing realism so I'm also working on a WIP of Genos. Here's the head so far. 

Moving onto the body next, but I might go to my stylized dogge first to take a break before I tackle marvelous and hard surface...or jump right into it, aahh.   Would really appreciate feedback on him so far.