Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Battlezone "Grizzly" tank remake

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
huffer interpolator
Hey guys, here's something I'm working on now - the "Grizzly" tank from Battlezone 1. Going for a low poly look with juicy baked details, PBR shading.

Here is the high poly pass, about 80% done, just have to fill in some blanks with innards. Also the reference board. Tell me what you think!

Replies

• bshine1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bshine1 null
    The hi poly is looking good! I'd be interested to see the wireframe as well.
  • huffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    Thanks for dropping by @bshine1 I added some wires below.

And added more stuff, almost finished with baking, I'll start doing some texture work now in Substance Painter, and fix anything that might come up later, as I want to focus on the texture above all.

Triangle count is at 6443, I'm using a 2048x2048 texture, but I'll probably rescale it to half for the final renders, as I want to get closer to the original look, and not put crazy small details in it.

• bshine1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bshine1 null
    Right on, these look great! It's always cool to see the high poly with tons of detail ;) 
    Nice edge flow, the detail may be lost in the back end and the turret part, but I'm sure your normals will look great with the texturing!
  • huffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    Thanks! Here are some WIP texturing shots (only a little things left to do), and comparison with original: