Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Photogrammetry Textures

Replies

• Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hi Okorynal

Tiling is by far the most difficult bit of all. I'll try to explain as precisely as I can though.
    So after you baked the scan on a low poly plane you get a very big texture such as this

Select an area that will be your base, as a rule of thumb I try to select the biggest square I can draw

Copy both the selected diffuse and height as layers in a new document and offset them by about half their size to put the seam in the middle.

Now go back to the previous file and select a portion of texture you haven't used yet (if possible)
    Copy it (both diffuse and height) on your square texture. Move them together over your seam, try to line up patterns as closely as you can.

Now this is when recorded action come in handy. Record the warp modifier you'll use on the diffuse to perfectly line up the features (vertical lines in this case). Then once it's done play the recorded action on the height so that the transform will be exactly the same.
    Finally, paint a mask with a soft brush to only display it on the seam and copy that mask on the heightmap too.
    Do the same for the vertical seam or any other seam you may have.

Hope it helps, if you have any question, please ask !
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    Sebvhe said:
    Now this is when recorded action come in handy. Record the warp modifier you'll use on the diffuse to perfectly line up the features (vertical lines in this case). Then once it's done play the recorded action on the height so that the transform will be exactly the same.
    Finally, paint a mask with a soft brush to only display it on the seam and copy that mask on the heightmap too.
    I see, thanks.

So i take it you don't use recorded clone stamps then. I tried out krita, it has it's own set of issues sometimes, much like photoshop but despite all that it's easier to tile images in it, so I'm pretty happy about it.

For those who don't know, krita is a free, light-weight drawing program that also supports a seamless mode, where your image is repeated in real-time outside the canvas, allowing you to draw your strokes seamlessly in a way that they'll tile perfectly. This is another thing that photoshop doesn't have.
    No more Offsetting constantly and combing over the middle of your images just to see if your texture tiles well.

• brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6

Hope it helps, if you have any question, please ask !
    Hmm, when i play recorded actions they seem to mess up. Is there a trick to having the playback ignore mismatching layers? IE i have "group diffuse" and "group height", with differently named layers in them, aka "diffuselayer" and "heightlayer". My playback records operations on "diffuselayer", and it can't find a "diffuselayer" when i want to playback on the height.
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    I never had that issue. However I found it safer to record and replay each action after the other rather than doing everything on the diffuse and replay everything on the height. Maybe doing so will avoid your issue
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    Sebvhe said:
    I never had that issue. However I found it safer to record and replay each action after the other rather than doing everything on the diffuse and replay everything on the height. Maybe doing so will avoid your issue

I sort of have a process now.

Basically start an empty file with diffuse, start recording, tile it only using lasso/delete/feather/paste/eraser.
    Then i open up a new file and add something like normal map or height map, and run the command on it.

After i do this to all the maps i fix any remaining errors. If any glaring mistakes appear that means the recording process wasn't done right.

Also keep in mind, once you are done with normal maps you have to fix the channels, because if for example you rotated a brick, the normals will face the wrong way. It's quite an easy fix, you can just take a look at the channels separately to see all mismatches.

After that i will import my Albedo into krita, because due to it's seamless tiling view it's really easy to zoom out and see any obvious repeating mistakes, then i just clone stamp and lighten/darken/colorcorrect parts of it to make the repetition less obvious.

I also de-light manually in Krita by painting over dark areas. How do you de-light your stuff?
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Sweet ! I'm not saying my process is the best, if you feel confident with yours keep improving it.

I only tile the diffuse and height, afterwards I like to displace a plane, resculpt if needed and the bake my final maps.
    My delighting is actually quiet basic, mostly using inverted occlusion and brightness adjustment combined with blending options.

Furthermore, I made two new textures.

I also made a quick scene using photogrammetry. The icebergs were created by displacing a photogrammetry heightmap to make meshes.

• brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    Nice ones!

I love the scene. Sadly I'm a unity user, so i don't get to have fancy rendering/shaders like that without losing an arm.

Although i would probably  not use photogrammetry on wooden planks, they seem easier to just take 1 photo of and fake the height by drawing it in.
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    okornyal said:

Although i would probably  not use photogrammetry on wooden planks, they seem easier to just take 1 photo of and fake the height by drawing it in.
    Definitely agree with that, I just wanted to give it a try to see how far I could go with that kind of scan. The scan was actually quiet bad and needed quiet a lot of resculpting, definitely not the fastest way to go.

I reworked my scene this week end, here is a screenshot. Changing the 16:9 format to something fancier really helped making the picture interesting

I've got a new batch of photogrammetry textures coming really soon as well !
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    My latest photogrammetry. I played a bit with the textures to create some impossible to scan materials such as puddles and snow.

• John Baxter
    Offline / Send Message
    John Baxter polycounter lvl 7
    Can I use these in a commercial project? They're great, just wish I had more time to make my own!
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Can I use these in a commercial project? They're great, just wish I had more time to make my own!
    All the textures you can get on my Gumroad page can be use in a commercial project, as long as it doesn't involve selling textures/materials.
    This also applies to my free textures
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Here are some close up shots from the tyre tracks textures and some new photogrammetry I made during my holiday.
    At this point my workflow is probably almost as fast as it can possibly be. Each texture takes me roughly 2 hours do to - 2 hours of active working time, not including processing and baking.
    However I think I can definitely improve my shooting and will be focusing on that in the future.

As always Marmoset Viewer available on my Artstation

Many more textures to come ! Any questions or feedback most welcome :)
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    lovely gritty details! how did you get those puddles in the tyre tracks to look like there is depth inside the puddles?
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Ged said:
    lovely gritty details! how did you get those puddles in the tyre tracks to look like there is depth inside the puddles?
    Thanks !
    Actually it's the other way around, there is depth since I use tessellation and displacement, I just make the normal 100% flat under a given heightmap value, same goes for the roughness that switches to 0. Nothing fancy, just texture/shader work.

You can see a Marmoset Viewer of it here
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hey guys,

Here are a few more textures I've done lately.
    I'm currently building a small scene to display them properly, pics to come soon

• cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Lovely scans. Bookmarked yer Gumroad!
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    What mm lens do you use for photographing the ground?
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @okornyal : I'm mostly using 18mm. I have a very versatile 18-250mm lens. For photogrammetry you want to get as much as you can in your frame so I'm 99% of the time in 18mm.

I spent quite a lot of time in UE4 trying to get all my textures to work fine. Here's a quick scene with some of the latest textures I made

The scene only consist of two planes, one flat for the water and one slightly hilly for the ground. I then add a 3 textures blend material with tessellation.

I'll try to build many other small scene soon !
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    I've done some tiling scans/sculpts, but I'm having some trouble blending them them in Unity. It's kind of tricky to do blending with more than 2 textures using vertex colors and height maps.

18mm seems fine, although it's kind of bordering on too much distortion, so i'd suggest not going anything lower.
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @okornyal : I don't have much experience in Unity, but I don't really see the problem in blending more than two textures using vcols and heightmaps. This shader only uses 3 because I didn't have a 4th one suiting the environment but I could have.

I wouldn't worry too much about distortion, Photoscan or any photogrammetry app is going to take it into account during processing. I've seen some good photogrammetry done with a GoPro. You should just be aware that with a lot of distortion you lose a bit of sharpness.
    In fact you'll probably get way better results with a 14mm prime lens than with my 18-250mm zoom lens.

Side note : now that I mention a GoPro, I'd be really interested in doing some underwater photogrammetry !

Reworked the lighting on my scene a bit :

• brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    Nice stuff.
    Here is a scan i just processed: https://puu.sh/r0VJS/496dd48fa9.jpg

Blending a few textures is simple, but it seems like it gets a lot more complex once you want to make it a non-linear blend via height-maps.
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    By the way, have you found a different process yet to make tiling of the textures easier, or do you still just eyeball it with Photoshop's offsets?
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @okornyal: I still stick with the photoshop tiling workflow, sure it can be quite tedious, but after some time you get really fast at doing it. It also gives you a lot of freedom to remove features you don't want; in a clean way.
    If you don't want to spend the extra time you could have a look at some automatic tiling apps such as Artomatix.
    I just prefer the freedom Photoshop is giving me instead of a one click automatic tiling.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    thanks for the reply, this stuff just looks so convincing I had to ask :)
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hey guys! Here are some more textures I made lately.

Furthermore, I'm trying to get photogrammetry to work with foliage textures. I managed to get some pretty decent results. However it still needs a lot of manual editing before getting something clean. I'm hoping to reduce this in the future.

Let me know what you think!
  • John Baxter
    Offline / Send Message
    John Baxter polycounter lvl 7
    So I might have stumbled on a more painless tiling solution than I've seen suggested before. Basically, do this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxofEtjFMMs
    with the clone tool in Substance Painter.  https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Clone+Tool

I haven't actually had time to try this out, but it seems like it could work.
  • Playonce
    Offline / Send Message
    Playonce vertex
    Hello sebvhe

My photscan isnt a flat square and how do you you make it low poly in 3d coat .
    Also which camera do you use.
    Thanks for answers
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hi Playonce

The idea is to make a curved plane you'll use as a low poly which follows the shape of your scan in order to make the bake flat. This is explained in detail on my tutorial

The camera I use is a Canon 100D, with a 18-250mm Sigma lens.
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hey guys!

I have made loads of scans during the past few months. I'll processing them over the next weeks.
    Here are some I already processed :

I have been mainly focusing on rocks first. Rocks are super hard to tile for multiple reasons, the size of the features, the range and scale of the heightmap, the difficulty to find large accessible surfaces to scan... I managed to do it mainly by combining multiple scans into one texture for each one of them.

Aside from using these textures as tileable, you could use them to generate rock meshes. To do so, just displace a soft plane with the heightmap. That way you can end up with rock formations in seconds. Furthermore they all share the same tileable texture rather than unique texture for each formation. I'm pretty happy with the results so far!

As always you'll find more textures and Marmoset viewers on my Artstation
    Let me know what you guys think! :smile:
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    Great stuff.
    Have you found anything to make the photogrammetry workflow easier?
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @ okorynal,

What do you find hard in the photogrammetry workflow? At this point it feels pretty straightforward to me. The only thing I'd improve would be to have a plugin to reproduce every step of the tiling in Photoshop both on the diffuse and heightmap. I do not believe automatic tiling software will be good enough soon, at least for photogrammetry. However 90% of the time I just have to copy and paste masks, from the diffuse to the height and that's it.

Most people find it very time consuming to tile. This is because they take their scan, make a retopo mesh, bake all the maps and then try to tile all of them at the same time ; diffuse, normal, height, occlusion, curvature. This doesn't make sense, it's much easier to just tile the height and diffuse together and then displace it on a plane and bake the other maps.
    If you tile all the maps together, you'll just add so many imperfections, if you rotate a piece of texture you have to worry about channels in the normal maps etc... This is such a hassle!
    It rarely takes me more than an hour to tile a texture nowadays, usually about 30 minutes.

I created a few more rock formations using the technique I mentioned in my previous post :

Furthermore I have two more rock textures :

I released all these textures as a pack on my Gumroad, check it out here!
    Furthermore, I'm considering releasing a pack on the Unreal Marketplace, I started importing these textures inside the engine, here is how it looks like :smile:

• Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hey guys!

I decided to push my photogrammetry a bit further. I was in Korea about a month and a half ago, and took a lot of scans in small traditional villages. The goal was to separate all the facades into modular pieces to give greater re-usability. This is very much work in progress and needs a lot of cleanup still. I need a way to figure out how to create a pillar for the corners for instance.

The endgoal is to create a small korean village scene, still a lot more to do.

• Telerak
    Offline / Send Message
    Telerak polycounter lvl 2
    Wow @Sebvhe

I'm blown away and inspired by the way you're using these scans. They're beautiful.
    I've been wanting to look into Photogrammetry recently. Where did you get started with it, and what resources did you find most useful?

Thanks!
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @Telerak

Thanks, it means a lot to me :smile:

Actually most of my photogrammetry work has been self taught, I started about 3-4 years ago, it was pretty hard to find documentation about photogrammetry in realtime applications back then. So I did a lot of trial and error for the first years. Now you can find quite a lot of useful resources online.
    I made an in depth tutorial about my photogrammetry textures last year, you can find it in my signature. It's still pretty up to date, but I'm thinking about refining it and making it much more complete, about all kind of scans, and with all the tips and tricks I discovered since I wrote it.

I hope it helps :)
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    Hey!

Keep the cool stuff coming!
    I think the Korean building definitely needs some more work, i would probably not bother with cleanup on something like that, seems like it didn't have enough photos to work with.
    With flat surfaces like that, sometimes you want to just move around while looking at the surface straight on, instead of orbiting it, i'm not sure if you did that or not.
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hey guys!

I have been working recently on releasing a texture pack with my photogrammetry rocks for the Unreal Marketplace. It should be available at some point this week.
    I wanted to share with you a little trailer a made for it :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozEIJKc603Y

I'm working on some more research concerning rocks and photogrammetry. I'll keep you up to date.
    Furthermore, I just started working full time again, so I don't know how much I'll be able to pursue photogrammetry, but I'm certainly not going to stop any time soon! :smile:

@okornyal : My scans definitely have enough pictures to get a decent result, however, your comment made think. I may have pushed the detail normals a bit too far. Do you think that might be the reason it seems low quality to you?
    No, I did not orbit during the scan, using the parallax between shots gets you much nicer results indeed :smile:

• Rageleet
    Offline / Send Message
    Rageleet polycounter lvl 6
    Hey thanks for all the info and sharing yours tips on here really awesome! remember to post back if you do end up updating that photogrammetry tutorial ;)  
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hi again,

I have worked on some more textures, my Korean village project is on hold while I wait for my desktop computer to get to my new place :smile:
    So back to the good ol' textures!

These two rocks are going to be added to both my Gumroad and Unreal Marketplace sets pretty soon.
    Furthermore, I'm working on a seamless somewhat procedural rock material to easily create full rocks with simple 3D shapes rather than complex meshes.

These two rocks are the same basemesh using this material with different textures, the whole thing being totally seamless. Still lots of improvements to do, but I'm very happy with the results so far!

@Rageleet : I am thinking about revamping my tutorial, many things have changed since last year, you can find more about it here
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Using my shader on more complex shapes

Also working on a snow shader, I want something a bit more complex than a simple Y+ shader, this one fakes snow dampening through time to create less fresh snow. Then I could use it to blend other materials such a sand. Still very much WIP though, will post more soon :smile:
  • brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    Nice.
    What do you do in the shader itself to hide the seams?
  • samnwck
    Offline / Send Message
    samnwck polycounter lvl 9
    Sebvhe said:
    @ okorynal,

What do you find hard in the photogrammetry workflow? At this point it feels pretty straightforward to me. The only thing I'd improve would be to have a plugin to reproduce every step of the tiling in Photoshop both on the diffuse and heightmap. I do not believe automatic tiling software will be good enough soon, at least for photogrammetry. However 90% of the time I just have to copy and paste masks, from the diffuse to the height and that's it.

I know that's kind of an old post. I'm just curious if you've ever just recorded your strokes within photoshop and pasted that on another layer, reduces the need for masks almost entirely. I tried the method you described in your pdf a while ago and found just recording strokes using a spot heal brush on my diffuse layer to get the tiling and then pasting all those strokes onto your height layer made the process much easier. 

Great stuff by the way man!
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @okornyal : I ended up using a pretty easy technique, I tried projection mapping but it was way too expensive and did not really yield good results. So instead of doing complex shader operations, I just worked on the mesh a little bit. First, try to UV it with minimal UV seams, do not worry too much about stretching, you can go really far without it being too noticeable. Then create a second UV set and unwrap again while trying to share as little vertices with UV0 as possible. In UE4, you will mask the UV1 seam with the UV2 texture using vertex blending.

This created two issues though :

1. Because of how Unreal works with tangents and binormals, it will always result in a seam in the normal map, unless you make it compute the tangents from another UVset than UV0 in the material.
    2. You will still get seams at intersections. You could either make a third UVset, but that would be quite expensive and time consuming. Or, as I did, just paint the displacement down to 0 on these specific vertices, much easier and not really noticeable either.

I don't know if this is very clear, maybe that picture will help :

@samnwck : Thanks! Yes you could record strokes and use the spot heal brush on multiple textures, however there are two reasons why I don't really do it :

1. The spot heal brush is really content dependent, it will paste different pixels according to it's surroundings, meaning that it will not take the same information from the diffuse than it would from the height. So in the end it will not really match.
    2. Overall the spot heal brush is not recommended for removing seams unless these are really small. I only use it to remove some really small errors/artifacts in my maps.

However tiling using masks can be very quick and definitely the cleaner way to tile, my tiling workflow has well improved since I wrote my tutorial, I'm going to make it up to date on my "2017 tutorial revamping" :smile:

• brum
    Offline / Send Message
    brum polycounter lvl 6
    @samnwck Recording works, but you have to test which tools actually get recorded properly, if i remember correctly not all operations play back/record as you'd expect.

@Sebvhe Interesting idea.  I think it may be easier to just make meshes that aren't supposed to be tiled, and then using some sort of intersection shading to hide the seams between the individual meshes, rather than making one mesh seamless.
    I think if you made meshes sort of flat  \___/  shapes, you could just use depth-based intersection to blend between them, or some sort of similar technique.
    Also, have you checked out the features of substance painter? I saw some presentations by them where they were tiling photoscans essentially on the fly.
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @okornyal : honestly, it took me way more time to describe the process than it takes me to unwrap such a rock. Because you only need to make simple shapes (the texture's displacement doing the rest), seams are just a couple of edge loops, probably around 6 for each UVset in my arch rock, took me no more than 5 minutes. Think about it like taking the level designers white boxes, adding a few edge loops and that's it!

I don't know about substance painter, but maybe you are referring to this video in Designer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWkbBxwg05Q
    It seems quite interesting, however I have the feeling it would only work on some of the textures I make, and far from all of them. I think the reason I keep sticking to my Photoshop tiling workflow while the whole world keeps talking about Substance is because I believe removing seams is only 5% of the whole process of tiling a texture, the hard work is about balancing frequencies, tones, brightness, shapes, features in a clever way so that it doesn't look like you just applied some unrealistic hi-pass filters. Photoshop really allows me to "compose" my textures using all the bits and pieces I have scanned.
    However, this could be driven by the fact that I may underestimate Substance and that I am not familiar with it, only having used it a couple of times. Since almost the whole CG world is only swearing by Substance, the chances that I am the one who's wrong are pretty high :wink:
    I think the best way to find out is to run two tests on two new textures, and do it both in Photoshop and Substance. The first one would be one that I think might work very well in Substance and see how much time I can save using it. The other one would be one that I am convinced will not work at all in Substance. Then we will compare both time spent and final result. I'm pretty sure on the second one Photoshop would be way ahead in terms of results, but in a way, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong :smile:
    I'll tackle that once I'm done with my rock textures.

Speaking of which, I think I am done with the shader. I ended up making one very big master material, with loads of static switches according to which features you want to activate. This is with everything on!

I made a point of making the snow more realistic than the classic Y+ shader, which only really works for very fresh snow, now you can also have packed snow in specific places, allowing to have old snow that has been staying for days. Furthermore this may make the material useful with many other blends, such as sand, stacking up in the corners!

Here is an example of different kind of snow looks you can achieve :

Next up, I need to try it with other materials than snow and see if it still holds on. If you have any feedbacks, now is the time, I'm going to stop iterating on this soon, because I know I could go forever if I don't put an end to it! :blush:
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Hi guys!

Some more rocks incoming! I scanned two new ones last week, I am very happy with the result. I think they would have been a perfect example of why I think Substance wouldn't always work when it comes to tile photogrammetry. I should have recorded my tiling process, to show you what I mean, will do next time!
    Furthermore, I tried both these rocks in Agisoft and Reality Capture, while RC, was much much faster and slightly sharper, I ended up using Agisoft scans. Why? Just because RC couldn't deliver a high enough texture... I don't know if I am doing something wrong there, I read quite a lot about unwrapping and texturing in RC but no matter what I couldn't get the resolution Agisoft gave me. I need to investigate :wink:

Side note, I really like that UE4 sphere render I made, I was mostly using Marmoset on a cube before. I'm torn apart between keeping a consistent presentation with my 40+ previous scans or move to that new presentation  :D

As I mentioned on my previous post, I tried to use my rocks on the same mesh with various scenarios and I think it really holds on! What do you guys think?

I have also been writing a very thorough documentation on these materials and how to create meshes for it. It is aimed at my Unreal Marketplace customers, but I'll definitely extract the pages on how to create the seamless meshes if you guys want to try  ;)
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    Finally got my pack updated on the UE4 Marketplace! Time to show you the new trailer I made for it  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reactn7UgRY

If you guys are interested in making seamless rocks on your own, without buying this set, I made my documentation available here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_9rZv0bgLh-ekw1eUpSNmhsMWc

Just get to the part that explain how to setup meshes, then have fun making your own material  ;)
    Let me know if you have any questions about it, I'd be happy to help!

• PixelApocalypse
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelApocalypse polycounter lvl 8
    I'm working on photogrammetyr and I've been experimenting with head and body scans @ my uni. How do you get roughness and metalness maps?
  • Sebvhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    @PixelApocalypse : I have never worked with characters scans, they could behave quite differently than say rocks for instance, mostly because of SSS.
    My process for getting roughness (I don't scan metallic surfaces) is quite simple. I use my de-lighted albedo as a base, changes values that need to be changed (mostly using select by color range). Then add curvature/occlusion/heightmap with different blend modes if needed. However this process works well because my roughness values pretty much fall in a small range of values. It would require a lot more tweaking and masking to scan something with both very smooth and very rough values.

So I do everything in Photoshop but there are plenty of ways to achieve the same results, namely substance.
  • PixelGoat
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    Meloncov said:
    Those look really nice. How do you go about getting both normal map and albedo to tile in the same way? Getting a single map to tile is pretty easy with offset+clone stamp, but I'm not sure how you'd do that to two maps at once without creating inconsistencies.

Also, what's your workflow for getting rid of lighting information? I saw the video on how Epic did it for the kite demo, but I don't think the software they used is publicly available.
    The quick and dirty way I usually do it is use Substance Painter to clone stamp across all channels at the same time :) Works well ennough if you ask me.

Substance Designer also has a node now called Auto Smart Tile that does a reasonable job ofdoing the tiling for you on all maps at the same time :)
  • marwan568
    Sebvhe said:
    My latest photogrammetry. I played a bit with the textures to create some impossible to scan materials such as puddles and snow.

how did you make this texture