Home Contests & Challenges Archives Enlighten Contest

[WIP] Enlighten Contest - Valued Rug

valued_rug
null
Not much yet, just workflow and a custom LUT. Racing scene.

Replies

• garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    Nice, didn't imagine it as a racing stage, but a bit like a battle area for a racing game.
  • valued_rug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valued_rug null
    Yeah I wanted to turn the scene on its head so to speak, and have at least one image that is out of left field. That image is more of a composition test, the final I plan to be way different.
  • valued_rug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valued_rug null
    Currently toying with this idea. For this image I want to use the geometry in a different way, to create something unexpected from the scene. The key will be achieving a sense of proper scale, without altering the base so much that it becomes invalid to the rules of the contest. SW models aren't mine, will credit them.

SW: TFA

Oblivion

WIP:

Blasters and thrusters have simple emissive materials and point lights roughed in but not tweaked. There might be too many lights near the falcon, it's got a strange tinge to it.

Editor Shot

• KeiTagura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeiTagura vertex
    Whoa ∑(゚ロ゚〃) 
    Cool out of the box thinking!
    Never would have thought of this, literally flipped the scene on it's head.

I'm ashamed to admit, it took me a while to figure out that the camera/scene was rotated.
    I thought It was just the camera FoV that made it look like that ( ;;  ̄Д ̄)ノ
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    Oh cool :) For some reason, Star Wars sounds fx starting popping up in my head when I saw those images. 
  • valued_rug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valued_rug null
    KeiTagura said:
    Whoa ∑(゚ロ゚〃) 
    Cool out of the box thinking!
    Never would have thought of this, literally flipped the scene on it's head.

I'm ashamed to admit, it took me a while to figure out that the camera/scene was rotated.
    I thought It was just the camera FoV that made it look like that ( ;;  ̄Д ̄)ノ
    Thanks! Been out of town, hope to get back to work on this asap.