Home Featured Artwork

Wonder Woman Fanart

hero character
Offline / Send Message
slosh hero character
Alright, it's been a while since I've done anything remotely close to this in my personal time.  I have mostly just done small fanart busts for fun outside of work.  I figured it was time to really commit to a long term project and make a full on character to the best of my abilities.  I hope to learn and utilize a few software packages that I have not in the past...at least not for personal work.  As for the project, I am going to recreate Wonder Woman in my own flavor and right now I'm sort of leaning towards a more modern, military look.  I will still use colors and themes that resonate with her character, while changing her outfit to feel more contemporary.  I plan on blocking her out in maya, sculpting her in zbrush, doing some clothing elements in marvelous, texturing her skin in mudbox, using quixel to do all of her remaining materials, and rendering her in marmoset toolbag.  I decided to create a thread as that sort of pushes me a bit more to update it more regularly.  So far, all I have is a small paintover in which I started to block out elements for her outfit.  The proportions are not final as this is just a screenshot of a previous character that I am solely using to paint over for ideas.  I'm probably going to move onto blocking out her proportions next.  As always, critique and suggestions are always welcome!

Replies