Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Meet the Animators - Introduce Yourself

Hi all,

We have a lot of great animators on this forum so I figured it would be good to have a Meet the Animators thread so people can say who they are, maybe post a showreel or some work you are proud of so we can all be one big happy family.

II'll start!

Hi, I'm Adam Turnbull. I currently work in Cambridge (UK) for Guerrilla Games (Sony) as an animator and before that was working at Jagex on their Transformers game aswell as some other bits of freelance work here and there. I've been in the industry just over 5 years and studied 2D animation and illustration at Teesside University before that.

Current Showreel:

Links:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_adamturnbull
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamturnbull87
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/adamturnbull

Your turn!

Replies

• Rmunday
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    What an awesome idea. 

Names Robert Munday, prefer Rob. 24 years old, graduated around 3 years ago from a Games Design course in Leeds (UK) and still putting my all into landing my first game animation position. So my experience outside of a couple of freelance gigs is next to none. In between working part time retail I am working on an upcoming mobile RPG with a very talented team unpaid. Things we do eh? I am waiting for this project to be completed or close to completion so I can use the work to finish my current reel off and release it into the wild in the hopes of landing that first role in industry!

Here is a small snippet from my upcoming reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfOULo67hVM

Feel free to follow or add me!

LinkedIn:https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robert-munday-5124b56a
    Twitter:https://twitter.com/ChewyMunday

• slipsius
    My name is Stefan Lipsius (stef/en lip/shus). 30 years old from just outside Toronto Ontario, Canada. I've been in the industry since 2011, so roughly 5 years. I spent 3 years at an indie studio called Digital Leisure where I was a bit of a generalist. Animation, rigging, tool making, and even a bit of modelling. Being the only animator in the studio, I felt I needed to expand my knowledge, so I started taking online classes at iAnimate.net, animation mentor and animSchool. I've taken about 6 in total, so far? After Digital Leisure, I went to work for Bioware in Edmonton Alberta where I was a junior cinematic animator on Dragon Age: Inquisition. I was there for 8 months, then moved back to Toronto where I got a job on the gameplay team at Ubisoft Toronto, where I currently am. I did gameplay animation for Farcry Primal, and now I am currently working on the cinematics team for For Honor.

If you`ve seen me around, you know I like to get involved, and help others when time permits. I`m on an advisory board for a local college, a moderator here at polycount, and when I leave a comment on peoples animations, I try my best to leave constructive criticism that will actually help. "Looks great!" helps no one, so I try to dive in a little (a lot) further. 

I became interested in animation when Warcraft 3 came out. I saw the cinematics and it just clicked that holy crap, it was someones job to do this stuff. Maybe I could too? Long story short, now I`m working in cinematics! 

LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanlipsius - Feel free to add me. Just say you`re a friend, and put polycount in the request box

My current, outdated, reel. 

• Rmunday
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    @slipsius @_adamturnbull May I ask how long did you animate before getting in industry? How much did you learn on the job? I mean I am thinking about saving and taking the Ianimate courses however I am already deeply in Debt because of University. I imagine the stuff I would learn would only help me in the long run though.

Luckily Polycount is there to help me make my animations as good as I can with honest feedback and so on but I feel you do not truly start learning properly until you get into industry, would this assumption be correct? 
  • slipsius
    I took a 3 year game dev course at a local college (Durham College) where we did it all. Animation, modelling, texturing, udk. That was the extent of it for me.
  • Connecta
    Offline / Send Message
    Connecta polycounter lvl 7
    Great Idea!
    Hello fellow animators, my name is Morris Belfrage. 23 years old, lives in Stockholm, Sweden, currently doing my Internship at Expansive Worlds as an animator.
    I've studied quite a lot of game development, first I did a three years bachelors (way to theoretical) and currently I'm in the final months of a two year education. However, It took me a while to figure out that I wanted to be an animator, so I've only been animating for roughly a year and a half~ish.

I haven't updated my reel for quite a while now (and I never got the time to fix the feedback I got on it from Polycount, kinda embarrassing...), but anyhow:

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/morrisbelfrage (same as Stefan, feel free to add me, say you're a friend and write polycount)

• JamesGammans
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesGammans polycounter lvl 4

Hey everyone! My name is James Gammans. I am a student finishing up my junior year at school with one more year to go before I hopefully join you guys as a part of the industry. I focus on animation now, but I was all over the place at first, doing some modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, etc., trying to figure out what I truly wanted to do.

I've gotten to learn a couple of things from this community, and am now I'm looking to be more active and hopefully get to contribute a thing or two! 

This is my latest reel:

Anyways, I’m pumped to be a more active part of this community! 

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesgammans

• heboltz3
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    This is neat!

Hello world, I'm Harry.

I like to animate and make things move! I see myself as a technical animator.  To me that means understanding how to get the things I make in maya look 100% accurate and functional in the engines where they will eventually live. I rig, animate, handle construction of animation graphs, engine logic, blends etc and currently I'm jumping back into python to try to expedite those processes while learning a thing or two about what all my programming colleagues do with their day :tongue:

I've been in the industry for coming up on 3 years now.  I've worked at Mixamo, Turbine, and I'm currently at illfonic where I'm working on some rad stuff I can't wait to show off. Before that I was involved in the dota2 workshop, as well as doing handful of freelance animations. As a student I was fortunate enough to get accepted to Ubisoft's Academia program where I was able to learn from those rad folks and meet some awesome people.

Thats enough ranting, here's my "latest" reel I can show.

I'm always happy to talk and help out where I can. I'm on the polycount slack, and the animation room is always so lonely :(
    Here's my twitter!  https://twitter.com/harryboltz3

• Arturow
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hi my name is Arturo García, 26 years old living in Mazatlan,Sinaloa,Mexico. Graduated with a bachelor in animation and digital arts at ITESM campus Guadalajara but the program was weak in animation ( just had one animation class, but it helped me to get the overall picture of the 3D world and made more friends :P) then I decided to enroll to Animation Mentor and graduated in December 2013. I started to freelance since 2014 and its what I had been doing since then :) while I constantly search for opportunities to land a job in a studio. Just wishing I could be with more animators in person :smiley:
    My goal as animator is to work in fun/amazing projects with fun/talented/awesome people and never stop learning about animation.

The work I had been doing is mainly film but I do videogame oriented animations in my free time and also the polycount challenges help to get more videogame animations :)

This being my film reel:

This being my game reel:

Webpage: http://www.agvanimation.com
    Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/agvanimation
    Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/agvanimation
    Email: agvanimation@gmail.com

• AGoodFella
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Name is Abid Khan. I went to uni but only learned the basics of everything. Was interested by animation but knew nothing about it. So now I'm finishing up at iAnimate hoping to land my first gig after.

Stefan and the crew over at 11sec really helped me during my uni years, my anim skills sucked! Probably still suck. :wink:

Still need to update this reel.
  • _adamturnbull
    Rmunday said:
    @slipsius @_adamturnbull May I ask how long did you animate before getting in industry? How much did you learn on the job?
    Hey @Rmunday, I am mostly self taught as my university course was very illustration based with a little bit of 2D animation in Flash. I used to make a lot of personal Flash games/movies when I was in my teens and during Uni but only moved into 3D animation when I started in the industry as the 2D work was drying up.

I think having the initial 2D experience really helped to practice the principles but what I was lacking when I started in the industry was the experience in what others learn on 3D animation courses such as rigging, modelling.. etc so I learnt a lot of that at work.
  • dannyannymation
    Offline / Send Message
    dannyannymation polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys!

So, I'm Danny, I'm 26 and originally from Derbyshire, UK. I've been on this section of the forums from the very beginning (I was actually the one who emailed polycount requesting it) but then I promptly dissappeared and haven't been posting or commenting nearly enough since then. I do scour through every few days and check people's stuff out but I'm going to make more of an effort in the future to post and comment.

Anyhoo, I studied an Integrated Masters degree in Animation at Sheffield Hallam University in the UK. A few months after that landed me my first games role at a mobile studio in Nottingham called Fuzzy-Frog. I worked there for just over 3 years as a generalist artist doing all sorts of UI, Rigging, Animation, Rendering, Concept... everything really across lots of different projects. About 6-7 months ago I moved from there to the South of the UK where I now work as a gameplay animator on the console team at Creative Assembly. My first AAA gig and I'm loving it so far! :)

Here's my reel from last year.

Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/dannymarsh

(if you add me in LinkedIn please mention that you are from here!)

Cheers!
  • slipsius
    (I was actually the one who emailed polycount requesting it) 
    hehe ya, a bunch of people did. I was asking for it for years. But we finally got enough interest to warrant one!
  • dannyannymation
    Offline / Send Message
    dannyannymation polycounter lvl 6
    slipsius said:
    (I was actually the one who emailed polycount requesting it) 
    hehe ya, a bunch of people did. I was asking for it for years. But we finally got enough interest to warrant one!
    Oh yeah of course, not trying to take credit or anything, I think a lot of people have always felt that there aren't a lot of places online that represent video game animation :smiley:

I think that maybe the Riot Games Contest and the Animation section of it really showed how valuable something like this could be!
  • 13randO
    Offline / Send Message
    13randO polycounter lvl 3
    Hiya!

I'm Brandon and I am a 23 year old from Toronto, Canada. This year, I graduated from my Game Dev program at UOIT (University of Ontario, Institute of Technology) and boy am I glad to be done with that. My program was mostly programming (I have only one course on animation, and it was just familiarizing ourselves with Maya tools), so a lot what I learned about animation has come from these boards.  For a majority of my life, I wanted to be an animator. A good amount of my inspiration comes from films like Toy Story, but what truly sold me were video games. One that instantly pops to mind was DEF JAM: Fight for NY. I LOVED how ridiculous the BLAZIN' moves were, especially when they were coming from Crazy Legs and Sean Paul. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_E_pbMj91E 

At the moment, I am cleaning up my demo reel to apply to local studios. If I don't get anything on my first round of application, I'm just gonna get a part time job and work on new pieces to add to my reel. I also plan to apply for the Games Animation 1 Workshop for iAnimate in July. My dream is to one day work at one of the many game studios that inspired me in the first place and work with cool people that help each other grow as animators (which is a lofty goal, but I'm dedicated to working towards it). I am thankful for the community that these forums have supported and I'm always stoked to contribute my work (even though it might not be the greatest). Thrilled to be here. :smiley:

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandon-rodrigues-530ba793?trk=hp-identity-name
    Twitter: @13randOofLore

Feel free to add me. :)
  • PeteHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteHawk polycounter lvl 12
    Such joy to read about this generation of animators, even if it's just a fraction of them.
    Birds of a feather should always flock together! Great idea for a thread Adam. You know of an animator named Mike Thomson? Worked at Jagex too on Transformers.

Hello! My turn...
    ...My name is Petro Hawczak, I'm 23 and working currently as a scruffy, no-good animator at Rebellion Studio, Oxford(UK) :wink: I remember trying my first hand at animation on 
    Macromedia back in my day. Didn't think it would come back round and find me 16 years later.
    Did computer animation at Uni, then a year of freelancing on whatever I could find (wasn't easy I tell you!). But practice practice and good networking landed me a job here in Ox. Almost my first year in the industry! God what a ride it has been.

Here's last summers reel:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/petro-hawczak-70995063
  • WeatherMan
    Offline / Send Message
    WeatherMan polycounter lvl 6
    Great idea for a thread, and so nice to see lots of inspirational reels! Name's Adam Bradford, hailing from the beautiful Pacific Northwest in Seattle, Washington. I go by "WeatherMan" because if we ever cross paths I'm likely the tallest person you'll ever meet, measuring in at 7 feet/213cm. And of course people are always asking the timeless joke, "How's the weather up there?" so it fits pretty well (I hate that joke btw so don't bother :) 

Like Slipsius, I took the iAnimate Games course (we took it together and have known each other ever since). I was one of the few students to take all 3 classes all the way through from its inception and it was an overall incredible experience. I've been able to grab a few freelance gigs since then but have had trouble landing my first real gig, but not for lack of trying. I'm always optimistic it's only a matter of persistence and time (but I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered a career change along the way).

My demo reel:

• _adamturnbull
    PeteHawk said:
    Great idea for a thread Adam. You know of an animator named Mike Thomson? Worked at Jagex too on Transformers.

Yeh I worked with Mike on Transformers, hes a nice guy! He helped me out many times when I first started there. I'm guessing you know him from Rebellion? He left Jagex at the same time as I did and went there.
  • jarvin88
    Offline / Send Message
    jarvin88 polycounter lvl 3
    Awesome thread Adam, very inspiring to connect with all you amazingly talented artists. I'm not the most involved in the community, but I try to pop in here and there, working on getting better at that! 

I'm James Arvin, currently an animator at Activision in Los Angeles, CA. I love and appreciate all styles of animation, with my true favorite being any type of cinematic work from both games and film. Right now im working on Skylanders, which has been alot of fun and a nice break from the usual stuff! I went to Full Sail University in Florida, and landed my first job at Stardock Entertainment where I was heavily pushed to learn how to rig and script on top of animation (really helps!!). Eventually the midwest's freezing weather caught up with me and I desperately wanted to get out, which leads me to where I am now. I was one of the lucky ones that moved where the work was before getting hired. It was a risky move, but location can matter sometimes. Of course I would not recommend for anyone to do that, but I saved up enough to make that risk worthwhile as well as worked freelance during the transition. Anyway, some of my work can be seen at www.dropr.com/jamesarvin . Feel free to drop me a line anytime!! I look forward to seeing more awesome & inspiring work from you all  :)

- James 

• PeteHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteHawk polycounter lvl 12
    Yeh I worked with Mike on Transformers, hes a nice guy! He helped me out many times when I first started there. I'm guessing you know him from Rebellion? He left Jagex at the same time as I did and went there.
    Yeah he's lovely, doesn't shut up about his Supra car haha. Great animator, I got plenty to learn from him
    Small world after all.
  • AGoodFella
    Offline / Send Message
    Great idea for a thread, and so nice to see lots of inspirational reels! Name's Adam Bradford, hailing from the beautiful Pacific Northwest in Seattle, Washington. I go by "WeatherMan" because if we ever cross paths I'm likely the tallest person you'll ever meet, measuring in at 7 feet/213cm. And of course people are always asking the timeless joke, "How's the weather up there?" so it fits pretty well (I hate that joke btw so don't bother :) 

Like Slipsius, I took the iAnimate Games course (we took it together and have known each other ever since). I was one of the few students to take all 3 classes all the way through from its inception and it was an overall incredible experience. I've been able to grab a few freelance gigs since then but have had trouble landing my first real gig, but not for lack of trying. I'm always optimistic it's only a matter of persistence and time (but I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered a career change along the way).

My demo reel:

I've see you around at iAnimate and 11secondclub. Your reels looks good, kind of nervous about landing a gig myself if you can't with the solid reel you have.

Are you just looking in the Seattle area or are you willing to relocate? Just wondering since I'm going to start applying soon.

• Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Hey hey! nice to see so many iAnimate peoples. SOrry been MIA for a while. caught up with a bunch of KSP modding fun, and huge ass anim test that black holed... 

Currently on the east coast in Virginia. Got my schooling done at the infamous Art Institutes in the northeast US back in 2005. Been in 3D as a generalist since, about half time freelancing on DS/PC games, other half in modeling/simulation for US Army/Airforce. Experimented with Unity scripting and AR apps, but animation has always been near and dear to me. Finished iAnimate game animations last December. Probably getting into the MoCap workshop while I send out Reels/Resumes this year. Outside of animation I do some modding for Kerbal Space Program and model for 3d printing.

*updated with v1.51 reel

• AGoodFella
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, Noah, we were in Kev's WS1 class together. Cool reel. How did you do the slow motion effect when Lisa jumps on Redback? Did you scale the keys or do it after in an editing software? I'm thinking of doing a similar effect for my assign.

Thanks.
  • Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Hey Abid! how you been? you're in WS3 with David Lam right? The slow down is done with Maya's Trax editor. picked that up from David's WS3 recording from last block. I don't know if he's gotten to talking about that yet for this block. Trax editor lets you do light editing and time scaling directly in Maya without having to change your keyframes around, and then playblast the edit out to see how it looks. really useful for planning stuff out
  • AGoodFella
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, ok. I've messed around with adding a time warp but when you're overlapping shot cuts, it doesn't work too well. I've also tried to do it in after effects but 30fps seems to be a bit low. I'll try the trax editor. If nothing works, I might have to just scale the keys.

Yeah, I'm in David's WS3 class and I'm just finishing up my previs. Its my first time doing previs and I thought it would be simple since its all about keeping things loose and rough but I can honestly say, its the most creatively challenging thing I've done so far.
  • HenrikW
    Offline / Send Message
    HenrikW polycounter lvl 6
    Hey!
    Great idea with a thread like this, great to get to know the animators in here and lots of great reels as well!
    So, I'm Henrik, from the cold desolate land of Norway :smiley:
    I recently finished a bachelor in animation at Hedmark University College here in Norway. It was a pretty good experience overall and I learned a lot about 3D in film and games in general, as well as about maya, but after I graduated I didn't feel like I was good enough at animating. Therefore I ended up joining the iAnimate games course. I'm currently in games workshop 2 with Jeremy Collins and learning a ton. 

• valah
    Offline / Send Message
    valah polycounter lvl 8
    Hi! 

It's cool to see so many good stuff in one thread! 

I've been lurking through polycount for quite some time now, so here i go...

My name is Carlos, i've been working as a 3D artist for a few years in the advertising side of things but my passion have always been Animation and Games so i made the jump and took the Animschool's animation program and i went through the games course as well, super fun and challenging experience, so here's my reel.

• penOr
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    valah said:

Man, there is something really awesome about your reel! I can't decide what it is, but it's unique and your arcs and motions are so smooth.

Looks like I'll be the first Aussie to join in  :#

My name is Ross Novak. I recently got my first job as an Animator at Luma Pictures in Melbourne, AU - I just started my 4th week there and am loving it, it's fucking awesome haha.  I did a Bachelor of Media Arts (Animation & Web Design) at Uni SA, which was complete rubbish. After that I did Animation Mentor which was amazing! I also got into the DotA 2 Workshop while I was at AM and learned to rig, so that I could collaborate with modelers on couriers and wards. Didn't manage to get anything in (got close I reckon!), but learnt a lot about game animation and everyone I speak to says that Animators who can rig is a huge bonus. Took me about a year after graduating from AM to get my reel to where I wanted it - here it is!

• valah
    Offline / Send Message
    valah polycounter lvl 8
    penOr said:
    valah said:

Man, there is something really awesome about your reel! I can't decide what it is, but it's unique and your arcs and motions are so smooth.

Thanks Ross! i appreciate it! I really love your acting shot great stuff overall!
  • Archanex
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    Cool idea Adam! I like your reel too. Anyway my name is  Andrion, I mostly lurk around here, but try to be helpful from time to time too. I've been in the industry for about 8 years now working at a lot of different studios, I'm currently animating at a new studio called QC Games in Austin TX, before that I was up in Chicago working on Killer Instinct. Anyway, here's my super old outudated reel 
  • IanKazimer
    Offline / Send Message
    IanKazimer polycounter lvl 7
    Hey everyone! Been meaning to spend more time around these parts, but just haven't gotten to it.

I'm Ian Kazimer. Spent a few years working as a character animator at Xaviant on the game Lichdom: Battlemage. After that, shifted over to Blue Mammoth Games to do some 2D work on Brawlhalla, and finally, I'm moving up to Montreal this week to join the team at Ubisoft working on For Honor.

Reel is primarily made up of Lichdom characters, but I'm looking forward to getting back in the 3D saddle and making some fun new stuff. Nice to meet everyone. Lot of really inspirational stuff in here!

• Arturow
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Welcome Ian , and that reel!! super awesome!
  • Derelicte
    Offline / Send Message
    Derelicte polycounter lvl 4
    Hello again guys!

Derek Zivolich here! It's been a while, but I'm back! Great to see some old faces in here! Been doing a lot of freelance and working on an indie title with some friends. Been really enjoying it. This is the current Reel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Engil6FrZh8&feature=youtu.be

Glad to be back,

• MiAlx
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    Hey guys! Great thread idea

So much awesomeness in one thread, great to read a bit more about all of you guys :)
    My name is Alex Miaris, I am an animator at CD Projekt Red. Before that I worked for an animation studio called Arx Anima as a technical animator, did a lot of rigging, some muscle simulations, wrote some scripts etc. but animated quite a lot as well. 
    A bit longer before that I worked for a smaller game studio called sunfox games as a junior animator. I've been hanging around this forum for 6 years now, I'm not extremely active, but I do post sometimes, try and give some feedback here and there. I lurk a lot as well, just reading some threads, checking out what people work on etc. I've also taken a course at iAnimate, cool to see so many people from there!

Here is my old reel, but it's outdated:

See you on the forum! 
  • brrrunton
    Hello, what a great thread.  Some very inspiring showreels on offer!   I worked at the now deceased Lionhead most of my professional life (hitting the 15 year mark), now I work from home (in Glasgow) at Another Place Productions (in London) working on Battlehand.  Check it out!  No Battlehand work on my reel yet, but I plan to update soon (don't we all :p)

• LRAnim
    Offline / Send Message
    LRAnim polycounter lvl 2
    Hey, awesome thread!
    My name is Luke and i'm currently a student on an internship as a Technical Animator. I just finished my second year of Computer Games Animation at Teesside University and am on placement at HammerheadVR in Gateshead (UK). My reel is completely personal work that i've done alongside my Uni modules, but i'm hoping to get final year project stuff in there next year. Its been a couple of months since i've updated it and need to add some scripting, facial rigging and UE4 persona work, but I hope you like it.

Linkedin: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/lukerobsonanimation  - Feel free to add, just choose friend and put polycount in the description :)
  • _adamturnbull
    LRAnim said:
    Hey, awesome thread!
    My name is Luke and i'm currently a student on an internship as a Technical Animator. I just finished my second year of Computer Games Animation at Teesside University
    Hey Luke, I went to Teesside University too (I actually grew up there)
  • Yashesh
    Offline / Send Message
    Yashesh null
    Hello all!

My name is Yashesh Mistry from India.
    Have 2 years of experience as an animator in a movie production environment.
    Right now in Canada, studying in Fanshawe College, London, Ontario. Will be taking animation program in Sheridan College.

Really love working in movies. Would also love to explore how it feels to be an animator on games side.

Below is my portfolio actually, which also contains my Animation reel. Dialogues in reel are in "Hindi" language. You might not be able to understand but worth keeping to show my lipsync skills. 

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf8VEjEdBQU
  • Rondog
    Offline / Send Message
    Rondog polycounter lvl 3
    Hello!

Name's Ryan, and I graduated from Animation Mentor 3 years ago. I'm currently working with a stellar group of folks on Dying Ember. I'm helping animate and rig some characters. Haven't been able to snag work in the animation industry yet. But I'm hoping to befriend some animators and help others with their animations. Here's my latest reel! 

• MathiasLandell
    Hi guys!
    Mathias my name and Im currently studying game art at Playgroundsquad Falun Sweden.
    Main focus is animation and I hope to work in the game industry. Feel free to contact me
    if you want to collab or just talk about cool videogames!

• Ankitanime
    Offline / Send Message
    Ankitanime polycounter lvl 2
    WOW...Great ARTIST with GREAT SKILLS !!
    now i am thinking shall i share my work or not here..still on basic s i feel :/
    Ankit here with old and stupid reel.
    hope you guys wont dislike it that much .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7CPZQIVEaw

lemme know what you think.always looking to learn and listen from all .

keep animating!

• EVernier
    Offline / Send Message
    EVernier polycounter lvl 8
    Figured I'd post here. I'm an animator at DHX Media Halifax. I'm doing iAnimate Games Workshop in hopes of transitioning to the video games industry. It's cool to see all those great animators here. 

I started a degree in 3D animation that  I never finished, but I went to Vancouver Film School...which is really just an expensive line on my resume.

• Kit_E
    Offline / Send Message
    Kit_E null
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Kitty, I just graduated from Animation Mentor (September 2016). I'm from Paris and I'm currently working on my final demo reel so I hope I'll have something to share with you all soon. I'm a former graphic designer but I've decided to follow my dream of being part of the animation industry, so I gave it a try about a year ago. 
    Hope we could help each other out ;)
    Cheers
  • KCostan
    Offline / Send Message
    KCostan null
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDVOPZf21Q
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Kenny Tan and I'm from Indonesia. I'm still on 5th Semester in Animation major, currently residing in Malaysia. Few years back, I was an self taught animator who solely focus on FPS animations for game mods, but since 2013, I've joined a university to get proper education in animation major.

My skills in animating especially in character, may not as good as the people around here, but I promise myself to keep improving and pushing the limits to expand myself even more! I'd love to hear what you guys think as well about my works as well.

Cheers! :smiley:

• KristjanZadziuk
    Hey everyone,

Great to meet you all, my name is Kristjan Zadziuk, and I am currently Animation Director of Ubisoft Toronto.  I've been animating professionally for over 16 years, unfortunately I haven't updated my reel(s) since 2010, they are long overdue for an update.  But I've added those versions anyway, just excuse that they are around 6 years old.  I've been lucky enough to of worked at a bunch of studios in the UK and Canada.

I've worked on the original Assassins Creed in 2007, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Watchdogs 2 to name a few, so my skills are strongly based in realistic animation where I like to mix it up with plenty of keyframe and motion capture.

I've been animated since I was a kid with Deluxe Paint (showing my age), I used to animate pixels jumping from the top of tall buildings to their blood filled death.

I'm on LinkedIn and Twitter so if you like hit me up

In my spare time I'm working on my YouTube channel that is designed to help animators looking to understand gameplay animation and hopefully people that have been in the industry a while pick up some tips also, so if you are interested check out the link.

My channel

https://youtu.be/fO5WAj5wWjQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0iGghpyo3w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW9KPN4zRRo
    Here is an example of one of the animation reviews I've been working on for people looking to break into the industry or to further their skills.

Anyway, glad someone has started this forum
    Kristjan
  • theazz
    Offline / Send Message
    theazz polycounter lvl 4
    WOW they're is a lot of gold in here, kinda intimidating, oh well. Good idea Adam

Hi, I'm Aron Durkin. I've been freelance for the last 3 years, but I JUST founded a animation service provider in Leamington Spa (UK) with another fellow animator.  The info on that (and some more recent work) is here, http://supersplinestudios.com/

Before that like I said, was freelance for a few years, worked on some VR, some mobile, all indie. VOLUME is a notable one since then, probably the only one you guys would have heard of haha. Before that, spent 5+ years at Blitz Games Studios, mainly on console games, some mobile stuff with Dreamworks and Disney characters which was nice. Before that, my first graduate gig was working on Broken Sword: Directors Cut.

Been nearly 10 years now in the industry, although looking at some of these reels I'm wondering what I've been doing!

My reel is super old lol, been too busy to recut it, I know, I'm terrible, shame, etc. 

Reel

Twitter
    Linkedin
    Homepage

• Dhairyasheel
    Offline / Send Message
    Dhairyasheel polycounter lvl 6
    My name is Dhairyasheel  I'm currently a senior animator at Glu Mobile Games

https://vimeo.com/dhairyasheel

• jasonshum
    Offline / Send Message
    jasonshum polygon
    Hey everyone,

Nice to meet you all, my name is Jason Shum and I'm currently a senior animator at Riot Games. I've been in the animation industry for 16 years and originally went to Vancouver Film School. The work in this thread is inspiring, looking forward to contributing in the forums. Hit me up on twitter or linkedin! Most of my work is on my site but here's my gameplay animation reel.

http://jasonshum.com/

• LiamReynolds
    Offline / Send Message
    LiamReynolds polycounter lvl 3
    Thats a hard one to follow :) -  Awesome work Jason.

Hello Animators! my name is Liam Reynolds, currently an Animator at Supermassive Games in the UK. I've only been in the animation industry just under 4 years now. Some super awesome work on here and its great to see so many reels with personal work.

If you want to connect on linkedin please do.

• sarahwar
    Offline / Send Message
    sarahwar vertex
    Hey all. Wow you've done some great work! I'm a newbie on here, just joined today, and would really love some feeback on my work. I'm 24 and graduated ova a year and a half back. I've been doing freelance work since then and have a years worth of experience in total. I'm starting my next position on the 16th of january and would really like some advice on my shots and what I should work on next (current plan is a short dance piece). Thanks, I shall make a new thread for if anyone would like to comment =} http://polycount.com/discussion/181557/feedback-please/p1?new=1

• Svalinn
    Offline / Send Message
    Svalinn vertex
    Update of my demo reel !