Home Technical Talk

Introducing Handplane Baker

AlecMoody
ngon master
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AlecMoody ngon master
Hello Polycount,

This is a long time coming for us- Handplane is now a full baking tool. Our goal with handplane baker is to build the most efficient baking tool for a production environment and make it free. We have a lot of cool features that should save you time and effort. I did a video overview of the tool which you can watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkX_t3QDnU&feature=youtu.be

You can get handplane baker on gumroad as $0+ name your own price here:

https://gumroad.com/l/znpF#

If you find a bug or have an issue- please take screenshots. If you get an error, or see some behavior that is clearly broken, please save a handplane project file and pack it up along with your models, then email them to me: alecmoody@gmail.com

Updates:

To get updates grab a new installer from gumroad. You can verify your version in the about window

11/12/2016 - v 0.9.3

*Fixed Issue where some users reported not having the correct Visual C++ distribution after installation

*Pressing the bake button while in progress now cancels the bake

*8 bit TGA output

*Added dithering for 8 bit outputs

*Fixed PNG not writing correctly for some users

*Added an option to generate smooth highpoly normals when no mesh normals are found

*Improved loading of mesh normals for high poly models

*Improved stability with large resolution and high sample count bakes

*Added option to suppress warnings for mesh triangulation

*Set default back ray distance to 5

*Added a button next to the output path that opens the output folder in explorer
*Included our old tangent space calculator, handplane 1.6 in the installer.

v 0.9.2

*Fixed some low level bugs exposed by meshes missing important information (texture coordinates, normals)

*Added notification for bake failures when models are missing texture coordinates, normals, or other critical info.

Patch 0.9.1 <- download a new installer from gumroad
*Fixes FBX issues some users were having

*Sets default image format to tiff 16

*Warns users if they are baking without an output folder set

Some of the highlights:

Fast and all CPU based

I have been doing my testing on 10-20 million triangle meshes. Loading and baking models that large is super quick. With the exception of our ray trace AO, all of our output maps are extremely fast. The raytrace AO is the slowest output but we also have an alternative post process AO that is very quick/smooth and works well in many circumstances. For a benchmark on large mesh handling (with an i7 4770k): A 20 million triangle mesh takes about 6 seconds to load into memory, building the projection structure takes an addition 5 seconds, and baking a 2k 4x super sample tangent space map takes 7 seconds. Totaling 18 seconds for a final quality 2k bake of 20 million triangles.

Projection groups

This lets you bake multiple meshes on top of each other into one output map. No more exploding models. Projection groups also let you do things like isolate ambient occlusion within a group, assign ray projection distances to multiple models at once, and assign materials. Here is an overview of the model loading and projection setup page of our UI:

PSD material output

You can create, save, and share libraries of material base colors. Assign them to pieces of your models and they are baked into an organized PSD set up with layer masks, ready for you to paint on. I am really hoping people post and share their material libraries so we can build a central repository for everyone to work from. You can name and edit colors for 3 material properties in the editor like this:

This is very flexible, and can be used for metalness, specular, or even something like dota2 material output. For dota2 output you would name your channels color, mask1, mask2 and then for the mask layers adjust each RGB color channel to set your desired metalness, color warp... We still need to figure out an a clean way to handle the alpha channel properties for specular exponent and self illumination. You can use the matID swatch color to get an additional 3 color channels but they aren’t masked nicely like the others. Suggestions are welcome.

The resulting PSD pulls in all the naming and colors done in handplane and looks like this:

New tangent space outputs

In addition to all of the tangent space outputs in older version of handplane we have added support for Unity 5.3, Unreal 4, and Source 2. All of these have also been ported to the tangent space calculator which I will post separately as handplane 1.6.

Future plans:

*More fast AO output options and improvements to what we currently have.

*I would like to look into substance painter integration or find ways to make our tool work seamlessly with substance.

*Figure out why exporting a model as FBX, and then exporting a second copy with push modifier results in a different file size. This is a pain for cages.

From suggestions:

*figure out FBX issue (someone who has this issue needs to send me files so I can reproduce it)
*Create warning with option to cancel when users bake without an output location set
*Add a button to the UI to open the output location in explorer
*.tga support <- Also make sure 8 bpp output is dithered
*Set tiff to default output. Personally, I don't like PNG files.
*Create a user editable default project

Please test our tool, break it, and post bugs and feedback in this thread. You can also find more info on the tool at http://www.handplane3d.com  The help page has lots of detailed information and provides a quick overview of the features.

Replies

• chrisevansart
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisevansart polycounter lvl 9
    Hello @AlecMoody
    . Just to let you know I havent read the full thread, so I dont know if this has been asked. 

1. Will you be implementing some type export system where you don't have to export individual pieces and import one by one. Maybe have something similar as substance painter were you can separate by name conventions and have it exported as one object. 

By the way, thanks for you time and effort creating a great tool!! :)
  • Sebostian
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebostian polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for this tool, it will be very helpful in my process.
    But I have some problems with baking Curvature like white pixels like on this picture

I tried other settings... but same result. Super Sample is 16x.
    Settings

Also, will be cool if you add auto load models Hight poly or Low by User prefix - for example, I loaded HP_Chest and Handplaint auto load LP_Chest and LP_Chest_Cage if it available.

And Source 2 is not usable with OBJ files for now... It creates random hard edge triangles on normal map without reason.
  • Next
    Offline / Send Message
    Next polycounter lvl 12
    Hey, just tuning in to say i had a go with it, really love it so far. Amazingly robust and fast tool! - In support of what ROCKSPB mentioned it would be a dream come true to integrate the tesselation bake technique. Also being able to bake a simple Uv layout with rnd colors and no sampling and padding would be awesome too B)  
    Is there a roadmap somewhere? - I am missing some thickness and convexity maps  ;)
    Really great work ! 
    Looking forward to newer versions!

cheers
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Sebostian said:
    Thanks for this tool, it will be very helpful in my process.
    But I have some problems with baking Curvature like white pixels like on this picture

I tried other settings... but same result. Super Sample is 16x.
    Settings

Also, will be cool if you add auto load models Hight poly or Low by User prefix - for example, I loaded HP_Chest and Handplaint auto load LP_Chest and LP_Chest_Cage if it available.

And Source 2 is not usable with OBJ files for now... It creates random hard edge triangles on normal map without reason.
    If you want to send me your files, I will take a look at the source2 issue. Most likely, your low poly model is missing normals or our importer isn't reading them correctly. alecmoody@gmai.com

For the curvature map, that looks like a ray miss issue. Our curvature maps are calculated as a post process on the normals (which is why they are so fast). A few things I would recommend trying to fix the issue in that curvature map.
    1) In the settings window, increase the back ray offset scale from 1 to something like 5 or 10
    2) Try unchecking the box "generator space downsampling". With the box checked, you get more accurate results, at the expense of super sample smoothness on very sharp areas like this.
    3)Try a higher super sample setting

If none of these work, look at your highpoly and determine if its possible there is a gap or hole in your mesh.

• AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Hello @AlecMoody
    . Just to let you know I havent read the full thread, so I dont know if this has been asked. 

1. Will you be implementing some type export system where you don't have to export individual pieces and import one by one. Maybe have something similar as substance painter were you can separate by name conventions and have it exported as one object. 

By the way, thanks for you time and effort creating a great tool!! :)
    I think this is something we are going to do. It might be done through a script or separate GUI to not clutter the main functionality, I need to figure out what would work best.  This is further down the list after fixing all of the bugs we have found and addressing the more serious usability issues.
  • JoseConseco
    Offline / Send Message
    JoseConseco greentooth
    I have just bought handplane and It works very fast. I miss some features but this may be work flow dependent, so not everybody may need this. Anyway what is miss:
    - option to bake ID - from materials colors (I like to color my highpoly in 3d software to get the better filling for final piece - so I would like to use material color as ID mask too). This gives you ability to have one highpoly mesh, but with different MatID surface areas.
    -  ability to set front and rear ray distance. The way I do it is - setup global frontal and rear distance, and then in addition I give multiplier for reach lowpoly (by default multiplier is 1, but you can eg. set rear multiplier to 0,5 to reduce rear disance by 50% on choose lowpoly).
    - option to set various ray radius size in relative units (relative to objects bounding box size). So I know that if I set frontal ray distance to 0.1 - the ray will travel 0.1*ObjDimension meters.
    - ability to change object bit depth per output map (eg. some clients want to get 16normals, but 8bit ID, AO).
    - and last thing - blender normal map preset (I'm not sure if this is same as unity, but blender uses OpenGl normals (flipped green)).
    Anyway great app, and I love ability to bake 16k textures! That I cannot do in Substanced Batchtools.
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    I have just bought handplane and It works very fast. I miss some features but this may be work flow dependent, so not everybody may need this. Anyway what is miss:
    - option to bake ID - from materials colors (I like to color my highpoly in 3d software to get the better filling for final piece - so I would like to use material color as ID mask too). This gives you ability to have one highpoly mesh, but with different MatID surface areas.
    -  ability to set front and rear ray distance. The way I do it is - setup global frontal and rear distance, and then in addition I give multiplier for reach lowpoly (by default multiplier is 1, but you can eg. set rear multiplier to 0,5 to reduce rear disance by 50% on choose lowpoly).
    - option to set various ray radius size in relative units (relative to objects bounding box size). So I know that if I set frontal ray distance to 0.1 - the ray will travel 0.1*ObjDimension meters.
    - ability to change object bit depth per output map (eg. some clients want to get 16normals, but 8bit ID, AO).
    - and last thing - blender normal map preset (I'm not sure if this is same as unity, but blender uses OpenGl normals (flipped green)).
    Anyway great app, and I love ability to bake 16k textures! That I cannot do in Substanced Batchtools.
    You can set back ray distance. Right now it is a global parameter in the settings tab that functions as a multiplier of the front ray distance. We will probably switch that to per object with a default setting to inherit the global setting.

• Abaky
    Offline / Send Message
    Abaky polycounter lvl 4
    hi, blender user here, I have some problems with baking tangent normal map, in the picture you will see that it looks faceted, I made sure to have high poly mesh set to smooth, enabled auto smoothing and tried obj and fbx, with no success. Object space normal bakes perfectly fine so I am not sure what am I doing wrong.

• Abaky
    Offline / Send Message
    Abaky polycounter lvl 4
    don't mind my previous post, I am just being silly. I re-exported meshes all in fbx format and started a fresh project in handplane, baked with no problems, tangent normals are smooth like they should be, so don't I feel silly. I did notice that sometimes handplane will not save texture that is being baked, the log will print successful bake, but the output folder will be empty, and I think that was the problem before. even thou I was re-baking, the changes were not saved.    
  • TomDelboo
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDelboo polycounter lvl 6
    Hi,
    this looks really promising, but every time I bake nothing is saved out.
    How can this be solved???
    Thanks
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Did you set an output folder? Also, what version are you on? Check the full version number in the about window. Also, does the output log say anything? The output log is on the bake tab below the bake button.
  • TomDelboo
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody said:
    Did you set an output folder? Also, what version are you on? Check the full version number in the about window. Also, does the output log say anything? The output log is on the bake tab below the bake button.

I did set an output folder and I have version 0.9.2
    cheers for the quick follow-up

• AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Oh,
    There is a bug with PNG output. Try Tiff.
  • TomDelboo
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiff worked!!! thanks.
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    I am hoping we can have some of these bugs fixed in a new patch soon. Both programmers have new babies so it might be a while before they have time to do a new patch. Fortunately, most of the bugs have workarounds.
  • BitBarrel
    Offline / Send Message
    BitBarrel vertex
    1+ for having a better skewmesh based workflow. Can't handplane do all of this automatically, including tesselating the low poly itself? 

Also, it would be nice if match by name functionality is implemented, just like in Substance Painter / Designer. Details here:
    https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Matching+by+name
    I would prefer that over a UI pick and choose solution.

Having a viewer would be nice, although I understand your concerns. I just don't like to switch application, setting up materials, just to view something.

Edit: 
    If you do decide to implement a viewer, can you please add support for a 3d mouse (connexion)? I am so fed up with all the different viewport navigation key combinations of 3d programs. Using a 3d mouse unifies them all.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    This tool is awesome!
    I've been using it for couple weeks and the reduction in outputs is great, It is saving me a lot of time in fixing some overlapping uv border in multiple bakes
    The option to isolate AO is also pretty neat, it is almost like substance painter bake but more flexible since I can decide if I will Isolate or not. Allowing me to bake everything at once. Maybe an option to make AO groups would make it even stronger feature

The feature of setting a material for each Highpoly model is also a time saving one, now I can bake the color from Zbrush and an ID mask at the same time, without the need to change the colors on zbrush or manually painting it, The PSD file generated is pretty neat too, but I am not using because my need on Dota would require more them 10 map channel naming and the baker is predefined with 3, but I am using the diffuse one for the ID map

the option to save the bake configuration is also great, I can work on multiple projects and not wastign time reconfigurating everything. it also saves the destination output and he all the other details like padding size, texture size...

For me it is my favorite baker now, I was using before Substance designer plugin from Maya which is also great and works with naming convention.
    I can picture HandPlane baker working on all my projects except the ones that need multiples output for later assemble (similar character with interchangeable parts)

log of the bake is also great

My texture setup on photoshop or Substance Designer is much smaller and faster due the smaller number of outputs from the baker

Just some bug/features missing

- the suggesting the other members did about using naming convention would be great, an option to autopopulate a baker group, for example:
      populate this group with all meshes starting with "body" and then inside the gourp separate all the _low _high and _cage

- a bake button in all interfaces and not only on Output - I like to do quick test bakes, and right now if I want to tweak the ray distance, I need to set it up, click on output then click on bake. if I need to change the ray distance, I need to click back on model, scroll down, change the ray distance, click in output and them bake. A bake buttom on the model tab would about lot of unnecessary clicks and about that scroll bar to go all the way up again

-the log direction - it could update upwards, so the new info is always on to and we dont need to constantly scroll down to follow the updates

-the not triangulated mesh popup - it is a nice feature but it need a option to not show again, right now I am working with 14 lowpoly meshes and this number will increase on the next days, and everytime I want to do a quick back I need to click yes 14 times to start it =]

-the UI - not sure if it is my old notebook or my graphic card, but everytime I move from one tab to the other, there is a considerable delay to load all the UI. it gets worse as you add more and more meshes to the list

- the ray offset number area - it seams to be smaller them the actual number and if I select all the number to replace it, my number get hidden behind the ui like this 

sorry for the long post =] 

this is an awesome tool!! time to increase the share to Handplane on the Dota Workshop =]

• Safemilk(Daniel)
    Loving this tool! I use it exclusively to bake my maps now!

I was thinking it would be cool to have a bake button next to each map in the output panel so if you wanted to quickly just bake one map rather than un-check everything and check just the one you want each time you needed to bake one of the map types, it would just be a quick click.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Thanks for this great tool, looking forward to future improvements and versions!
  • Sastrei
    Offline / Send Message
    Sastrei polycounter lvl 11
    Great tool! Very easy to use, and very fast.

Question - I am getting individual triangles showing up on the curvature maps (same smoothing group) - is this because I need to triangulate the mesh first, or is there a different setting I need to fiddle with?
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Can you post a screenshot? Its likely an issue with handplane not loading normals correctly on the high poly model.

The curvature maps are calculated as a post process on the normals, are you seeing anything similar in your normals map?
  • CheeseOnToast
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Ran into a bit of an edge case issue. I was baking out the flesh areas for a character, but I wanted to include the character's jacket in the AO bake. If I loaded the highpoly jacket without a corresponding lowpoly, handplane refused to bake.
  • Laughing_Bun
    Offline / Send Message
    Laughing_Bun polycounter lvl 15
    First of all great work! Looks awesome.

I have a minor request. Can you please for the love of god make a Mac version? A lot of companies force macs upon us and there is no good baking options at all. It is a massive void that would be wonderful for you to fill. Just a hopeful request. Keep up the great work!
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Ran into a bit of an edge case issue. I was baking out the flesh areas for a character, but I wanted to include the character's jacket in the AO bake. If I loaded the highpoly jacket without a corresponding lowpoly, handplane refused to bake.

Yeah, we need a way to do that. Currently I have a dummy lowpoly object I use, its a cube with UVs that won't affect the final output.
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    First of all great work! Looks awesome.

I have a minor request. Can you please for the love of god make a Mac version? A lot of companies force macs upon us and there is no good baking options at all. It is a massive void that would be wonderful for you to fill. Just a hopeful request. Keep up the great work!
    Are there emulators for mac to run windows applications? We are all CPU based so there aren't a bunch of GPU driver issues complicating that.
  • instg8r
    Offline / Send Message
    instg8r polycounter lvl 8
    AlecMoody said:
    We are going to implement something similar to that. It didn't make first release. Basically, users in input a tesslelated model with matching UVs. The projections will all be done with that model but tangent space calcs will be done using the original low.
    Super excited to have that incorporated! :)
  • Sebostian
    Offline / Send Message
    Need one more option
    Some times it is usable if I can use Hard Edges/Smooth Groups as guid for Auto cage inside baking program. For example xNormal can bake normal map by using this with option "Use exported normals" and "Average normals" as standart  auto cage, but with Handplane now I need separete polygons by hard edge to bake it like this. Can you add option for this kind of baking without separating models?

Example of cage from hard edges / Use exported normals in xNromal, blue polygons is Cage =)

For complex models with hard edges and thinks like screws for good quality some times needs to combine Average Cage with Separate by  hard edges Cage for good result.

More examples
    1. Default result without external cage Good corners but inside is not so good...

2. Separeted model by hard edge Good inside but corners...

3. Combined bouth maps Using corners from 1 and inside form 2 in Photoshop

Also, if it possible doing this combining without Photoshop? Use UV borders with padding as mask for layering two normal maps.
  • Pabs
    Offline / Send Message
    Pabs polycounter lvl 11
    getting weird artifacts when baking with a cage (not just on paint, but also normal map)

• Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9

I was thinking it would be cool to have a bake button next to each map in the output panel so if you wanted to quickly just bake one map rather than un-check everything and check just the one you want each time you needed to bake one of the map types, it would just be a quick click.
    great idea! I was missing something like that too
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    getting weird artifacts when baking with a cage (not just on paint, but also normal map)

You probably need to increase the back ray offset scale in the settings tab:
    http://i.imgur.com/kT7ysAo.png
    Try 5 of 10

• Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    +1 for individual bake buttons per output, plus "bake all selected" button in the main top UI, next to Output.
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Here is a quick photoshop of what that would look like. All the bake buttons looks really cluttered. Might make an icon instead.

• Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Handplane worked almost flawlessly in Wine when I tested it. Haven't tried the baker yet but it probably works fine and at near-native speeds.
    @JedTheKrampus what version of wine and what OS? I just tried and HPBaker 0.9.2 crashed (wine 1.9.10-1 stable, manjaro). I'll try regular handplane and see how that goes.

edit: Handplane converter works under wine; no luck with HPB yet though.
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    I can ask the programmers and see if they have any thoughts about why it doesn't work in wine and if we can do anything to change that.
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Sweet - in that case, here's the crash log from wine, in case that's of any use. Though to be honest there's probably very few people who would be using HPB under wine so it's hard to justify spending any great amount of time on such a thing.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    @Bek I actually haven't needed a baker for a few weeks so I haven't got around to trying it yet. Probably it's because Wine has implemented more Windows functions in 32-bit mode than it has in 64-bit mode.
  • EXpMiNi
    Offline / Send Message
    EXpMiNi polycounter lvl 5

Impossible to render in 16k for some reason (crahs)
    HandPlane 4K x16 Sampling : 3sec
    xNormal 4k x4 Sampling : 86 sec
  • Sebostian
    Offline / Send Message
    EXpMiNi said:

Same think as in my post above:+1: http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2450050#Comment_2450050
  • EXpMiNi
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebostian said:
    EXpMiNi said:

Same think as in my post above:+1: http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2450050#Comment_2450050

Yep I know ! But it's always good to have more examples !
    :+1:
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    We are going to add a switch to control how the ray projection direction is calculated (its like calculating a normal). There won't be split projections.

Also, I love the speed comparison. Generally I find the difference more dramatic with really high poly meshes but its cool to see how fast it is on something simple as well.

I have also seen the 16k crashes. I think that is an easy fix related to memory management.
  • EXpMiNi
    Offline / Send Message
    For a more complex meshe, indeed, same settings, xNormal give me my normal in 34.217s and HandPlane in 541.78s for a very close result (except flat projections).

• GankerBanker
    Offline / Send Message
    GankerBanker polycounter lvl 2
    Handplane is an amazing tool. It is giving me extremely fast results, especially for ambient occlusion. Unfortunately it has been occasionally hanging on while baking the ambient occlusion. Odd thing is that even when the baking bar is hanging and i have to close it because its not moving it still provides me with a great ambient occlusion and a log file. So its baking it but after pausing at usually 65-75 percent and crashing. Just something I thought you might want to be aware of. 

EDIT: oh and one last thing, i get much better results for maya when exporting a triangulated-fbx. If I don't triangulate i get a small amount of artifact around non-planar faces. 
  • katzeimsack
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    Handplane would be my weapon of coice for dota assets, but there is a strange error in the tangent calculation.
    Hope you can fix it soon so I can switch from substance.

Baking normals for unity is fine, but source 2 or 3ds max create hardly visible artefact lines. They look like the model is only 90% soft edges and 10% hard edges. I sharpened my source 2 normalmap to make it more visible for you.

Said this before, but a projection group without a lowpoly needed would be awesome. Substance can do this and it really helps.
    Groundplane ao geometry or an ao character model for character items is really helpfull!

• FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    I don't know, but for me Handplane Baker is many times slower than xNormal at work. No matter what texture types I'm baking.
  • Bluestemos
    Offline / Send Message
    Bluestemos polycounter lvl 5
    I keep getting this odd, tiny grid-like pattern in my bakes, only happens when I bake with Handplane: 

• Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    @Bluestemos try increasing the "Back Ray Offset Scale" option in the Settings tab to 5 or so. That fixed it for me.
  • Bluestemos
    Offline / Send Message
    Bluestemos polycounter lvl 5
    @Bek increasing the Back Ray Offset Scale fixed it for me, thanks!
  • Jarvgrimr
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarvgrimr polycounter lvl 10
    I am baking a character mesh at the moment. I am digging the tool so far, not used it to it's full potential yet. 

One thing I would like added; a "cancel bake" button. I dunno if that is easy or hard to code in...
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    The cancel bake button is coming really soon along with some other bug fixes and tweaks.
  • Jarvgrimr
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarvgrimr polycounter lvl 10
    Sounds great Alec, I look forward to the next update. 

One thing I noticed:

- Handplane is WAY more sensitive to picking up intersections, or seeing intersections where there are none. My cages have to be inflated far beyond what is necessary in xNormal. Is this a setting I am using incorrectly? Or is this something to do with Handplane?

I'll see if I can get a screengrab of what I mean later to illustrate.
  • Tetranome
    Offline / Send Message
    Tetranome polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does Handplane support “Averaged projection mesh" or “Explicit mesh normals”? Or both? - and in that case, how do I switch between the two?

Thanks!