Home Contests & Challenges Archives Company of Heroes 2: WAR PAINT contest

WAR PAINT - Q&A

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    So how long does it take to publish something ? I try in game it goes from publishing to unpublished after like an hour
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    So now im stuck, everything is set to go. I jump in game head to modding hub, them manage i see my mod i push publish, i select curated and publish and it does nothing
  • Relic_Orca
    Looks as though some recent changes in Steam have made it difficult to republish an existing mod. We're in contact with them now to try and address it. Until then one potential workaround is to delete your mod and re-upload instead of republishing it. (just make sure you make a backup copy of your mod files) 
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks as though some recent changes in Steam have made it difficult to republish an existing mod. We're in contact with them now to try and address it. Until then one potential workaround is to delete your mod and re-upload instead of republishing it. (just make sure you make a backup copy of your mod files) 
    Where do I delete it from , locally or somewhere on the server ? Also im trying to build the winter split section of my mod and it gets stuck on the panzer 4 ans just sits going on 2 hrs now
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    You must solve that issue , steam "eat me" 350 MB available cloud space , every time I delete the specific File in user data , the synchroniztion redownload it in that location from steam cloud , though the file is not available inside but take the MB from cloud. For the record I have sent a ticket to Valve for support about that , nothing hear out .....,
    The problem is not recent , many of us after November we said about cloud issues , many  belived that was a custom problem of individual users, it was somehing between your server and valva servers ,synchonization issues /problems , I can't say I'm not the expert. Now we have same problems and we get as unswer not update?? how you will excpect a contest to be fair if the majority (new users) facing so many problems?
    Please find a solution , it's crutial , workshop curate maybe a serious point for you , but worshop is the heart of COH2 , maps , tunics , skins , decals etc etc , take a look at the heart , if  the heart stop beating ...... we have a flatline...... Thank you.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea i got nothing as well, i cannnot upload or delete anything seems to be stuck in a loop
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright finally able to upload my summer pack, but i still cannot pack my winter it gets stuck on the P4. Anyone ever have this issue?
  • f_x
    Starbuck said:
    f_x said:
    I've never had to do this, but I'm already thinking ahead in case my pack(s) land just a few MB over the limit:  the UV layouts are packed tightly but there is still always some negative space between the polys which is unused.  In my case they still have a lot of high frequency color details such as weathering which were applied globally.  It's possible that filling those areas with a solid color would reduce the file sizes, without changing the final look when applied to the vehicles.
    That's a great idea if it in fact reduces the file size. 

My curated build of the final winter light vehicle pack weighed in at 200.91MB.  Just enough over that it was probably going to complain, so I tried the above technique and it worked, with some caveats.  I had originally selected the non-used areas based on the outlines in the HELPERS layer, and gave the in-use areas a 3-pixel pad just to be safe.  When I did a quick test putting a bright solid color in the unused areas, it started bleeding in as the camera moved away from the vehicles.  Probably the smaller mipmap levels were bringing in those color values.  So I had to pad by an additional 10 pixels, which on some of the tightly-packed uv's doesn't leave much to gain.  I applied this to four specific maps where I saw the most unused space, rebuilt, and it came down to 198MB.  For anyone trying this in the future, I would suggest using a solid color that's in the general ballpark of the base color of the skin, so if it does sneak in at a distance it won't look wrong.
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    Starbuck polycounter lvl 2
    Alright finally able to upload my summer pack, but i still cannot pack my winter it gets stuck on the P4. Anyone ever have this issue?
    Try removing the P4, and build mod. If that works then after it's built, add the P4 back in and try to build.  Just to be sure, are you sure it's named correctly and in the proper faction's folder?
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Starbuck said:
    Try removing the P4, and build mod. If that works then after it's built, add the P4 back in and try to build.  Just to be sure, are you sure it's named correctly and in the proper faction's folder?
    Starbuck said:
    removed the texture and the build went fine. I did the exact same thing as I did for the summer build. P4 is under west german and called panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i_dif
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    I've tried rexporting the tga , i even exported a totally blank texture just black and it still gets stuck. Ive tried recreating the mod folder from scratch as well
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    Put P4 back in. Under the tab "Build", hit the "clean".  Now Build again.  It will redo all your files again, like it was doing it for the first time.  Sometimes that clears out any weird issues like the one you're having.
    Lemme know if that works.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Starbuck said:
    Put P4 back in. Under the tab "Build", hit the "clean".  Now Build again.  It will redo all your files again, like it was doing it for the first time.  Sometimes that clears out any weird issues like the one you're having.
    Negative, thanks for the attempt tho
  • f_x
    Starbuck said:
    It's a long shot, but you could try deleting the Intermediate Cache directory.  In theory it's exactly the same as Starbuck's suggestion of using the "clean" function to rebuild from scratch.

Also copy/paste the output log here so we can see the exact error.  Hopefully there's a clue in there...
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    f_x said:
    Starbuck said:
    It's a long shot, but you could try deleting the Intermediate Cache directory.  In theory it's exactly the same as Starbuck's suggestion of using the "clean" function to rebuild from scratch.

Also copy/paste the output log here so we can see the exact error.  Hopefully there's a clue in there...
    Where is that file located in the file structure, nothing crashes it just sits for hours. I even tried starting up an entire new project with same result and ive tried swapping that texture out with a known working one or blank. It seems if anything is in the p4 folder it stalls
  • f_x
    I had my build get stuck for hours once, and blowing away the Intermediate cache directory fixed it.  I still don't have confidence it will fix your case, as you have clearly tried more than a few things.  But you never know...

Did the P4 texture ever work?  Or has it always failed, 100% of the time?

Are you doing a mod for the germans and added the west_german P4 manually?  Or did you start the mod with the west germans?

The output log I am referring to is what is printed at the bottom of the mod tool window.  I'm not sure if it goes to a file.

For comparison, here is the output when I build a mod called "dev_okw" in which the only file that needed to be processed was the P4.  Maybe you can spot some difference in the params:

Building dev_okw.mod...

Writing C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\dev_okw Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\info\00000000000000000000000000000000.info...

Embedding 1 assets in C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\dev_okw Intermediate Cache\ModIcons_00000000000000000000000000000000.mxml...

Burning C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\skin\panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i\summer\panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i_dif.tga...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\Burn.exe  --source "C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\skin\panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i\summer\panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i_dif.tga" --dest "C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\dev_okw Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\data\art\armies\west_german\vehicles\panzer_iv_sdkfz_ausf_i\skins\00000000000000000000000000000000_summer" --plugin "generic-image to data-rgt" --param "alpha_edge" "False" --param "black_border" "False" --param "compress_textures" "True" --param "flip_image" "True" --param "force_format" "False" --param "mip_drop" "0" --param "mix_inputs" "(,,r)(,,g)(,,b)(_dif,_alp,r)" --param "mix_inputs_defaults" "255,255,255,255" --param "preferred_format" "2" --param "rescale_np2" "True" --param "tex_sharpen" "False" --param "want_mipmaps" "1" --game_data "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\Archive.exe  -c "C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\dev_okw Intermediate Cache\ArchiveDefinition.txt" -a "C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\dev_okw.sga" -r "C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\dev_okw Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files"

Copied C:\Users\fx\Documents\MYMODS\dev_okw\dev_okw.sga to C:\Users\fx\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\skins.

Built dev_okw.mod.

• skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    I had no problem building the summer version of the mod, this specific issue is tied to the winter version. So once i finished the winter skins, i started up the builder created a new mod same name just winter. Added the same meshs like the summer, all german plus 3 okw (panther , Panzer and puma) in the mesh select area im not adding anything manually. I tried putting the summer p4 skin in the winter just to see what happens and same issue. When there is nothing in the p4 folder it works, but when there is a file, any file no matter its content it gets stuck.

Ill post the log when i get home, Thank you so much for the help
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so i just created a simple mod file with only the p4 and it worked ? So im going to try everything from scratch again and delete the mods in my mods folder in coh 2
  • f_x
    So about that 1GB Steam workshop limit... is there any way around it other than creating another Steam account?  And if one is to create another account, what are the gotchas?  How do I get the new account to run COH2 if Steam thinks it's a new user who never bought the game?  Do you run it from a different local user/login on your PC?  Any dangers of it overwriting your working installs, prefs, etc?

Thanks in advance...
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    f_x said:
    So about that 1GB Steam workshop limit... is there any way around it other than creating another Steam account?  And if one is to create another account, what are the gotchas?  How do I get the new account to run COH2 if Steam thinks it's a new user who never bought the game?  Do you run it from a different local user/login on your PC?  Any dangers of it overwriting your working installs, prefs, etc?

Thanks in advance...
    This is what I had to do:
     I created a new (secondary) steam account and emailed relic for an artist's coh2 key and never heard back...so, I did the "family library sharing" thing.
    On the same computer my main account is on I allowed access to my secondary account to use CoH2. My 2nd account does not have to pay for the game. The catch though is that my secondary account has no game purchases and is considered a "limited user account".  I had to add $5 to my 2nd account's steam wallet so that I could upload files to the workshop.
    When I play CoH2 with my second account on the same computer, all my mod files are all there.  The only things missing are things I've earned or unlocked from playing on my primary account.
    Hope this answers your questions. If not, lemme know.
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so i just created a simple mod file with only the p4 and it worked ? So im going to try everything from scratch again and delete the mods in my mods folder in coh 2
    Out of curiosity, what's the name of your mod file and where do you save your mod to?
    I ask only because the modbuilder get's weird/buggy (for me) when the mod file name size is long(like WestGerman_woodland_camouflage) and also if the mod is saved in a folder other than on my desktop. 
    Just a shot in the dark at this point...
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    I notice the same issue with long names, that's for I make my mods in shot way name and after i rename these in workshop, to avoid all the conficts/issue through mod builder.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Starbuck said:
    Out of curiosity, what's the name of your mod file and where do you save your mod to?
    I ask only because the modbuilder get's weird/buggy (for me) when the mod file name size is long(like WestGerman_woodland_camouflage) and also if the mod is saved in a folder other than on my desktop. 
    Just a shot in the dark at this point...
    I did change the folder name when I got it to work. Originally it was 2 Tone Disruptive Ambush Winter , then I changed it to Disruptive Winter and it worked so not sure
  • f_x
    Starbuck said:
    f_x said:

Thanks in advance...
    This is what I had to do:
     I created a new (secondary) steam account and emailed relic for an artist's coh2 key and never heard back...so, I did the "family library sharing" thing.
    On the same computer my main account is on I allowed access to my secondary account to use CoH2. My 2nd account does not have to pay for the game. The catch though is that my secondary account has no game purchases and is considered a "limited user account".  I had to add $5 to my 2nd account's steam wallet so that I could upload files to the workshop.
    When I play CoH2 with my second account on the same computer, all my mod files are all there.  The only things missing are things I've earned or unlocked from playing on my primary account.
    Hope this answers your questions. If not, lemme know.
    Thanks I'll try this today.
    And that did the trick!  Woohoo!
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    Τhere are a lot of issues that never faced before in my skinpacks, an example is that winter skins came in larger amound of MB that summer although that each skin tga file is 16 MB, also burning tool have akward behaviour in alpha chanels so , many things must have a more propper and close attention with archive viewer. I understand limitation of the cloud space but I never understand why the officials from valve never responce to ticket regarding workshop , even than you add a detailed description of the issue.
  • Stosh
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    So I created some icons for my skin pack, but they aren't showing up correctly. Below is an image of what they look like in game which isn't correct. Has anyone seen this before and have an idea what my problem could be? 

• skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh said:
    So I created some icons for my skin pack, but they aren't showing up correctly. Below is an image of what they look like in game which isn't correct. Has anyone seen this before and have an idea what my problem could be? 

Whats incorrect about it ?
  • RitaRush
    Stosh said:

Wrong resolution of preview pictures, I guess. It supposed to be 64x64px .PNG
  • f_x
    The default icon is a white question mark on a black background.  So it looks like it's picking up something, presumably that you provided.  Is there a file called icon.png?  What does that look like?  Did you create just one icon?  Six individual ones?  What did you call the files, and where did you specify in your mod what the names are?  There are two places where you can do this: the attribute editor, or edit the xml files under the instances directory.  In either case, you will find a name that looks like "ModIcons_<long_unique_id_string>_icon".  You cannot change the first two tokens, but if you named your icon (for example) "My_Icon_Light_Winter.png" then the new string is "ModIcons_<long_unique_id_string>_My_Icon_Light_Winter".  Note that you don't specify the path (it has to be in the same place as the default icon.png was) or the file extension.

If it's still broken, give us more details.

• Stosh
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    f_x said:
    The default icon is a white question mark on a black background.  So it looks like it's picking up something, presumably that you provided.  Is there a file called icon.png?  What does that look like?  Did you create just one icon?  Six individual ones?  What did you call the files, and where did you specify in your mod what the names are?  There are two places where you can do this: the attribute editor, or edit the xml files under the instances directory.  In either case, you will find a name that looks like "ModIcons_<long_unique_id_string>_icon".  You cannot change the first two tokens, but if you named your icon (for example) "My_Icon_Light_Winter.png" then the new string is "ModIcons_<long_unique_id_string>_My_Icon_Light_Winter".  Note that you don't specify the path (it has to be in the same place as the default icon.png was) or the file extension.

If it's still broken, give us more details.

Sorry, I should've provided more info. I followed the Skin Pack Wizard steps to put in multiple inventory icons for each of the 6 images normally required to show light/medium/heavy plus summer/winter. My files are all PNGs with a 64x64 size. All of the custom icons are in my Icons folder within the mod under data>ui>icons where the original question mark PNG was. I then opened up the attribute editor and went into my "skin_pack" as per what the Skin Pack Wizard tells me to do. I then opened up the skin_pack_bag within the larger window on the right hand side of the attribute editor. Last step tells me to set the Icon for each of my skins to which I had to research some tutorials a bit to understand exactly what that meant. I changed the third part of the file naming convention as you have explained above.

Here is what my attribute editor looks like:

Icons I'm trying to put into the game:

Naming convention I used for the custom Icon files were LightArmourSummer, MediumArmourSummer, HeavyArmourSummer, LightArmourWinter, MediumArmourWinter, and HeavyArmourWinter. 

After doing all of that, the icons look like what I had shown before. That grey concrete or haze of grey for all of them in my original post about my problem. I thought that type of image may have been a default icon used by the game when someone doesn't input the icons correctly, but apparently I assumed incorrectly. 
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    It may be silly, but try this:

In your UI folder, rename each of your icon pics as "icon1, icon2, icon3, etc..."  (change your Heavy_ArmourSummer into "icon1" and Medium_ArmourSummer into "icon2", etc)
    Change in attribute editor to :  ModIcons_yourmodID_icon1,   etc...

Save and rebuild your mod.  See if that does the trick.  Btw, my icons are 280x280 png files.  That size has always worked for me.  Didn't know about the 64x64.

I think I experienced this weirdness when I first started skinning, and I changed their names to something simpler.

• f_x
    Strange.  So you didn't provide the grey icon, but it's picking it up from somewhere.  And it's definitely an icon image because it has the lighting and shading cues around the edges. 

The default question mark icon is saved as a png so building the mod picks it up.  So not discounting your first instinct that the grey icon is a default one I tested and confirmed it.  I took a test mod and deleted everything in the icon directory and rebuilt, and got the same grey icons in the game.  So now we know where it came from, and it points to the mod not finding your icons when it's being built.

Like Starbuck I also use short names for the icons ("icon_s_l" for summer light, etc).  So try his suggestion and double and triple check that the spelling matches, and even that the name of the directory is what it should be ("icon" vs "Icon" vs "icons"... any difference is enough to throw it off).
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    A question for Relic moderators,sometime when you try to upload something that gets a code10. The item is uploading but it is corupted in steam cloud , that means that it comits the cloud space but not available until it publish correctly. So what I have done wrong? I have upload a skinpack with a name X , but after the errors I removed it , but that item is still somewhere in cloud and comite that amound of MB. As I see so far when you finilaze your curate item , that demanded cloud space that a curate wants came back to you.I face that  problem with my primary accound , and I lost my entierly 350MB available space. So I sent a ticket to valve , but no luck , I have the feeling that they don't want to hear that out. So what I have to do?
    thank you in advance .
  • Stosh
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    Starbuck said:
    It may be silly, but try this:

In your UI folder, rename each of your icon pics as "icon1, icon2, icon3, etc..."  (change your Heavy_ArmourSummer into "icon1" and Medium_ArmourSummer into "icon2", etc)
    Change in attribute editor to :  ModIcons_yourmodID_icon1,   etc...

Save and rebuild your mod.  See if that does the trick.  Btw, my icons are 280x280 png files.  That size has always worked for me.  Didn't know about the 64x64.

I think I experienced this weirdness when I first started skinning, and I changed their names to something simpler.

No, see what I found out was beyond silly.....

I tried for hours many different file names and eventually just wanted to make a single image work and named it Icon, but still didn't work. Then I figured hey, lets try naming it "icon" basically changing it from a capital "I" to a lower case "i." That worked, then I tried it with all of my 6 custom icons...it worked

APPARENTLY CAPITAL LETTERS IS GOING TOO FAR FOR NAMING THE ICONS :neutral: 

It now works all nice and everything and for future reference, don't use capital letters in your icon file names :smiley: 

• Stosh
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    So I'm down to the final stretch of just submitting my mod to steam and as per the Polycount Skin Competition, it says I need to submit it via the Curated path. I went to the attribute editor and changed the drop down menu from "Release" to "Curated" then rebuilt my mod. When I go to re-test my mod to make sure it all rebuilt correctly, nothing shows up. The skin isn't there in the inventory anymore and nothing shows up within the inventory for my skin to even be there. I've double checked to make sure I had the right army selected. I went into the Modding HUB area under the manage tab and it still doesn't show up there. I've tried both a "build" and a "rebuild." Anyone know what could be happening? 

EDIT: Also tried to revert it back to "Release" mode to see if it would work again...nope...still broken 
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh said:
    So I'm down to the final stretch of just submitting my mod to steam and as per the Polycount Skin Competition, it says I need to submit it via the Curated path. I went to the attribute editor and changed the drop down menu from "Release" to "Curated" then rebuilt my mod. When I go to re-test my mod to make sure it all rebuilt correctly, nothing shows up. The skin isn't there in the inventory anymore and nothing shows up within the inventory for my skin to even be there. I've double checked to make sure I had the right army selected. I went into the Modding HUB area under the manage tab and it still doesn't show up there. I've tried both a "build" and a "rebuild." Anyone know what could be happening? 

EDIT: Also tried to revert it back to "Release" mode to see if it would work again...nope...still broken 
    Try going into My Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes 2/mods/skins.  Delete the .sga file that is your skin pack. Try rebuilding your skin pack making sure it says curated in the drop down menu.  When built, go back into this mods/skins folder to see if it's there.  It should be a LARGE file. Hopefully <200 mb.  If it's there, start up the game, modding hub, manage, publish as curated, etc. 
    Hopefully that fixes your problem!
  • f_x
    Stosh said:

When I changed from "release" to "curated" it wasn't in the attribute editor.  It was at the top of the Mod Tools window, next to the green arrow icon for building.  Is that where you changed it, or is there another place where that appears?

At worst, you could create a new mod from scratch, copy all the images into it, and build it as "curated" from the start.  That should work.
  • Stosh
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    Starbuck said:
    Try going into My Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes 2/mods/skins.  Delete the .sga file that is your skin pack. Try rebuilding your skin pack making sure it says curated in the drop down menu.  When built, go back into this mods/skins folder to see if it's there.  It should be a LARGE file. Hopefully <200 mb.  If it's there, start up the game, modding hub, manage, publish as curated, etc. 
    Hopefully that fixes your problem!
    The file size did increase to 277 mb, but it still didn't show up in my inventory or in the modding HUB in game. 

@F_X sorry what I meant to say was the Mod Builder, not attribute editor
  • realb33rm4n
    Try to delete the intermediate cache folder in your Skin project folder . Also if you change name to your mod delete any build with different name but same ID. Then build again.

• Stosh
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    f_x said:
    When I changed from "release" to "curated" it wasn't in the attribute editor.  It was at the top of the Mod Tools window, next to the green arrow icon for building.  Is that where you changed it, or is there another place where that appears?

At worst, you could create a new mod from scratch, copy all the images into it, and build it as "curated" from the start.  That should work.

Unfortunately I did create a completely new mod from scratch, re-imported and assigned all my files again...and still doesn't work. :(
  • f_x
    Stosh said:
    f_x said:

Unfortunately I did create a completely new mod from scratch, re-imported and assigned all my files again...and still doesn't work. :(

D'oh!

Check the Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\warnings.log file and search for the name of your mod to see if the game printed out any useful messages when it tried to load it.
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh said:
    f_x said:

Try just building a summer version only and see if that does it. I know you wont be able to post anything to steam that is over 200mb anyways, so you might as well do that.
    Here are some things to troubleshoot:
    1. Make sure your art folder has the proper "burn settings"
    2. Make sure EACH of your vehicle folders has the proper modID#_summer.  (if 1 vehicle folder has the wrong ID, the skinpack will not show up in your inventory.
    3. Make sure attribute file has the proper modID# for icons and at the bottom skin_name is modID#_summer.

• AAM
    Steam issues: curated pathway.

Publishing a file to the release pathway works fine for me. Publishing via the curated pathway demands a legal agreement. When I click through the link, the legal agreement is already checked. Is there a fix for this?

Workshop item page:

Clicking through to any of the agreement links yields the following:

• RitaRush
    AAM said:

Publishing a file to the release pathway works fine for me. Publishing via the curated pathway demands a legal agreement. When I click through the link, the legal agreement is already checked. Is there a fix for this?

Starbuck said:
    Try this:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/workshoplegalagreement/?appid=440

At the bottom, hit "select both". You may have to hit it twice.  If your payment info is already submitted, then you should be good to go.
    Hope this helps.

• AAM
    RitaRush said:
    AAM said:

Starbuck said:
    Try this:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/workshoplegalagreement/?appid=440

At the bottom, hit "select both". You may have to hit it twice.  If your payment info is already submitted, then you should be good to go.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks! That sorted it!
  • realb33rm4n
    Stosh said:
    f_x said:

Try to build without icons. Delete icons reference in the Builder Tool and then in the attribute editor try to use a in-game icon. (type this in the icon attribute editor - Icons_swatches_swatch_soviet_0001_summer_heavy)

• georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    WORKSHOP ISSUES regarding cloud.

what i have discovered scavenging my user data is that cloud somehow may synchronized in a wrong way. I have create and upload all my curate items from a secondary account because my original account cloud available space of 377MB, was taken by 2 initial upload tries at first hand. Each time I'm looking in my user data coh2 i see my 8 ready to use uploads and these 2 , what happened with these 2 files? Never upload correctly because I get a code 9 and 10 when i made the first try at 18-19 jan.

In my 2nd I have made many tries to upload correct the contest 4 sga's , I finally upload (the first 2 was upload at 19jan ) the OKW at 31 jan but one file from 19th that need update every time I tried to do it I get a code 9. After many search in F&Q regarding steam cloud I finally get that steam cloud in coh2 works like that any [mode].sga in my doc/my games/coh2.../skins uploaded in userdata coh2.../skins directory and that file synchronized with the one in steam cloud. So if we corupte the userdata sga and clear cloud for that file we can put the final [work].sga to user data and synchronize cloud so that working work will be upload into the position of the cloud.

so what should you look at , in userdata\SteamID\AppID\remote (steamid=user id, our accoundid , appid=coh2 id) there are mod/skins subfolders and inside skins are all your upload data, for ready to use items must be in the same name as they are in your my/documents/coh2 etc etc dir, for curate upload items they must be not a name inside that dir. So where is the catch, as i said if something is not upload correct then it been visual to that remote/mods/skins folder so we have to clear that out how?
    i found a tutorial http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470784  that explains how you sould do it , the goal is to make those unwanted files to be 0 inside that after you del these along with your
    remotecache.vdf file and then you syncronize cloud.
    That's it you manage to get rid of "code 9" or any unwanted issues regarding files that steamworkshop understands these as bod or whatever and you can't make update or proper upload.
    With the above method i try to clear my 377 captured MB from steam cloud in my first accound without mesh or make any damage to my ready to use items (if you have curate along with ready to use , after you make them 0 , copy the correct ready to use items so they wont affect those in steam cloud).
    As i saw now a workshop item can't be updated you get a code 9 what that means I don't know but the goal is that cloud have issues and stored multiple versions so I don't know what else may be wrong , perhaps a delete and reupload must be better.
    Sorry for any mistakes  with my poor english , I was try to explain the errors i had as much as i can get , and from what i understand many of you maybe face such errors.
    So good luck with any efford that you make .