Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My take on Bioshock. High Poly sculpt

I am a student at Staffordshire Uni, and I am currently taking a module in environment prototyping. In our first part of the assignment we had to choose a concept and sculpt high poly models in zbrush. I chose to base my environment off Scott Homer`s Bioshock Post Office http://scotthomer.co.uk/ Here are some of the sculpts I have made. 

This is my blockout scene so far 

The deadline for the finished environment will be presented in UE4 with all models, and the deadline is in January.
Hope you all like it, if you have any feedback it is much appreciated!

-Katrine Loraas

Replies

• katrineloraas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UPDATE: 

My final piece, rendered in UE4. Video is coming up soon :)

Feedback is much appreciated :)

Katrine
  • DanielPeres
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanielPeres polycounter lvl 7
    Hey there, overall it looks nice.

The first thing I notice, is that the water shader (I know that probably didn't even bothered with that since that is not your focus, at least sometimes that happens to me eheh) is a bit off from the environment. The water looks really realistic and crisp and the environment looks a little more unrealistic then the water (though the environment looks great, with its own style). Either I would make the water match the environment or the environment match the water depending in what you are trying to achieve.

Another thing that is bothering me a little is that the mailboxes look "unrealisticly displayed". Let me see if I don't get misunderstood. You have a mailbox that is brown and then one that is grey, then another brown and grey, etc, like a seamless pattern. If that is what you were trying to achieve then there is no problem at all, if not, try to give it a little more randomization.

Something that I noticed is that some of your bumps are a little too bumpy, for example, (in the last image) that thing in the left, made out of wood, the one without drawers, and the metal rails. Also, the metal handrails could get some better wear/rust, like having more rust in the corners/edges and less in the middle, etc

Like this (not the best example but you get it):

• Budd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Budd polycounter lvl 2
    Looks great, the colouring nails that bioshock-esque hyper-realistic atmosphere.

• Budd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Budd polycounter lvl 2
    Looks great, the colouring nails that bioshock-esque hyper-realistic atmosphere.