[WIP] German - Historical - Lithuanian/Narva Battle camouflage

Replies

• realb33rm4n
  • realb33rm4n
    and working on the winter skin.

• georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    excellent !!! just need propper weathering . You have also to test it inside in different maps with cheat mod to see how it feets.
    questions , how you see that preview? with max? and how , thanks in advance
  • realb33rm4n

georider said:
    excellent !!! just need propper weathering . You have also to test it inside in different maps with cheat mod to see how it feets.
    questions , how you see that preview? with max? and how , thanks in advance

Thank u georider
    I'm using the quixel suite 2.
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    Thank you , I must say its a very good and accurate work , so you are making skins from Narva front , here some quick references , in winter they used to apply white wash , that color due to time faint so under the white one they were many areas that reveal original cammo pattern. if you need more references look at me on steam , Thank you in advance.
  • realb33rm4n
    georider said:
    Thank you , I must say its a very good and accurate work , so you are making skins from Narva front , here some quick references , in winter they used to apply white wash , that color due to time faint so under the white one they were many areas that reveal original cammo pattern. if you need more references look at me on steam , Thank you in advance.

Thank u georider I will check your steam page. I have no reference for the right side of the tank and I dont know how to proceed
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    in steam I'm on the same name , in your last i have something in mind
  • Starbuck
    Offline / Send Message
    Starbuck polycounter lvl 2
    You nailed it.  Well done.  I look forward to seeing some in-game shots with this.
  • realb33rm4n
  • realb33rm4n
    update, color correction, side pannels, scratches mask

• realb33rm4n
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    this is CS6 ! i must try it , we are still working with horses (CS3) :) so with that new version you are able to watch the skins while drawning?
  • realb33rm4n
    Geo its CC2015 and I'm using Quixel suite that work inside photoshop.  But you can preview in Maya as well as in Max or blender.
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    I using  3dsmax ,@Valias meshes are much helpfull, saving a lot of work.
  • realb33rm4n
    yeessss finaly!!!! it works! georider but I see some problem with the halftrack. I will post here a screenshot soon

• realb33rm4n
    Some update and in game screenshot

• realb33rm4n
    Ok I finish my work and all normalmap for the winter pack. Very unhappy to that I have to uncheck the compression on normalmaps. My pack now its 500MB so I will split it in summer and winter pack.
    But I still hae this issue;
    Building icontest.mod...
    J:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe --operation ModBinaryBurn --root "J:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data\attributes\attributes.xml" --mod "C:\mods\icontest\icontest.xml" --burn_path "C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib"
    Copying C:\mods\icontest\locale\english\english.ucs...
    Writing C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\info\c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702.info...
    Burning C:\mods\icontest\opening.tga...
    J:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\Burn.exe  --source "C:\mods\icontest\opening.tga" --dest "C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\info" --plugin "generic-image to generic-dds" --param "alpha_edge" "False" --param "black_border" "False" --param "compress_textures" "True" --param "flip_image" "False" --param "force_format" "False" --param "mip_drop" "0" --param "preferred_format" "0" --param "rescale_np2" "False" --param "tex_sharpen" "False" --param "want_mipmaps" "2" --game_data "J:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data"
    Embedding 4 assets in C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\ModIcons_c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702.mxml...
    Embedding 1 symbols in C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702-Config.xml...
    Generating C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702-FlexConfig.xml...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\java.exe  -Xmx1024m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -jar "lib\mxmlc.jar" +flexlib=frameworks "-load-config+=C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702-Config.xml" "-load-config+=C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702-FlexConfig.xml" -o "C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\data\ui\Bin\c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702.swf" -link-report "C:\mods\icontest\icontest Intermediate Cache\c14439f7b25a445a9c13eef66d815702-LinkReport.xml"
    Error building icontest.mod: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\java.exe failed with exit code 1.
    Built icontest.mod.

I tried java 8.0.51 and 8.0.65 with no result.

Anyone can help me?
    My OS is windows7 x64
    the error appear when I add the camo preview that are in .png format. If I use the in game icons evrything it fine.

Tnx
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    You did not link something correct in your atrib xml and you get these errors make an icon summer_medium and a summer_medium_preview both in png icons must be 64x64 and preview 280 x280 (i gues) after link these 2 in you atrib.xml in the lines [mod number]_icon delete _icon and add _summer_medium  and in secontary summer_medium_preview after the[mod number].
  • Grumpntug
    Offline / Send Message
    Grumpntug polycounter lvl 11
    A lot of these codes are a little nebulous too. I got an error stating that a key for my mod was already in use so it failed to build and it was due to an icon I was trying to use.

I also had an error similar to this and I just needed to install the correct version of java in the right place and link it in the tool. Buuuut I would think geo is a bit more experienced with their tool than I so I'd be willing to bet he has your answer there.
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    many problems lately , I build a vanila skinpack , after I ender burning settings then cammo patterns or atrib , but if i coppy all at first it cause me errors, also long names sometimes conflicts , that's why i dont know if is wise to add long names to the mod since after you rename it at workshop.
  • realb33rm4n
    georider said:
    You did not link something correct in your atrib xml and you get these errors make an icon summer_medium and a summer_medium_preview both in png icons must be 64x64 and preview 280 x280 (i gues) after link these 2 in you atrib.xml in the lines [mod number]_icon delete _icon and add _summer_medium  and in secontary summer_medium_preview after the[mod number].

it's what I do but it still doesn't work

• realb33rm4n
    My Final entry on steam workshop

SUMMER SKIN PACK
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=611319970

WINTER SKIN PACK
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612411335

Special Thanks go to georaider for his usefull help with CoH2 Tools
  • georider
    Offline / Send Message
    georider polygon
    I did nothing , I just add some clear thoughts , after all you will do the same for me , and for the record Starbuck also help me last night with my upload stack ;)