Decided to post some work in progress of my personal project. This environment is based of the Kelvingrove art gallery in Glasgow. Main reason for choosing this environment:
- - Spitfire works as a strong focus point.
- - interesting explorer/museum theme.
- Personal portfolio project.
- Creating strong compositions / scene layouts intended for game levels.
- Test my lighting skills in Unreal Engine.
- Learn more about high poly modelling. (Also sculpting)
- Trying out Substance Designer.
- New export workflow test from 3Ds max to Unreal. (I am currently using the plugin from Tom Shannon http://goo.gl/YV4JVi
and it works great! Thx Tom.)
- (Optional: combining an older scene/ lighttest from my previous work: http://yvovonberg.nl/library.html
maybe it fits the current theme)
Small selection of the references:First blockout:Current: (Realtime lights)First texture pass: Substance + some parts of the kit:What are the next steps ?- Working on the ground texture.
- Fixing a lot of UVs in pillars and arcs.
- Second modelling pass / details on arcs and pillars.- Spitfire high poly,- Second channel UV unwrap / prep for lighting bake.
Lighting and textures are not final.
Your feedback is highly appreciated, I really want to take this to the next level!