Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Could use some advice on how to push this model to completion

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
digs polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone

I'm developing a character that I want to be covered in this type of flesh -

I love how there are all these tiny little folds of skin and blisters, etc... I would love to cover my guy in stuff like this, but I'm not really sure on how I should proceed.. 

Is this just something that I should spend the next month on, carefully sculpting every little fold of skin? I tried to use a variation of a few alphas i made from google images, but it didnt really feel right

how would you go about doing something like this? any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'm doing something vaguely similar at work at the moment. I've found it's handy to start by applying an organic texture to the surface using an alpha. I've got a kind of meaty abstract texture which I just add more or less all over, then use Dam_Standard, Clay and Inflate to build up the icky meaty detail. Once you've got a bunch of detail down, Using a global inflate of 1-2% from the deformation menu often helps give everything a slightly more natural, organic appearance.
  • digs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    digs polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the suggestion, steve, I think ill give that a shot. Seems like patience is going to be the best choice for something like this