Home Adobe Substance

Re-bake maps in Substance Painter to work with smart materials?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
hmm_rock polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a way to re-bake or generate new maps (normal, curvature, AO) in substance painter that would combine the original high poly detail and any *new* height information? For instance I bring in a low poly and bake some base details and smoothness from a high poly the normal SP way, *then* add additional height information on a new base level that only affected the height map. As it stands now, smart materials ignore anything not included in the applied baked maps, and I can't get the curvature/AO to re-bake with additional height info (normals do re-bake, but the other maps are needed for smart materials)

Ultimately, I wanted to utilize              this work flow              and bypass zbrush, but it seems like more of a hassle to have to save out any height masks I make and re-apply them individually to smart material layers. I know you can change the configuration of what maps you're exporting, but I can't seem to get it to translate correctly, otherwise I'd just bake out new maps and replace them in the project. Thanks for any help!

Replies