here i want to show u our university project and I want to upload updates step by step, to give u the chance to see what we are doing right now. Also I love to read your critics so I can work on these problems to get a better result.
Short presentation of the project:
Like I said before, this is a project of my university. I`m at SAE Insitute in Frankfurt (Germany) and the name of the project is “producers project”. Here we work together with all faculties of the university, so right now we have 2 other artists, 4 coder and also 3 audio students.
The gameplay of our project will be like P.T. or Allision Road, also the assets have to be in this quality.
Because we only have half of a year, there will be no time for many rooms. So we decided to do a level streaming like in the game P.T. or Layers of Fear.
The game will be played in first person mode and on the journey through the asylum there will be many scary moments.
The Game will be in the presence, but the asylum is playing during the second world war. So everything is very rundown. The protagonist (a journalist) is making a story about this place, so he decides to go there at night, like in the movie “grave encounters”.
I will do the organization for the artist, also I make the whole level design, lighting, environment and some of the props.
The two other artist will make the animations and also the rest of the props.
The Coders will do all functions for this game, also they will make the events.
And the Audio students will handle the musical setting of the game.
Where we are right now:
Since a few weeks I am already in this project, spent a lot time for the organization, asset list and we also handled the source controls. One of the Coders set up “Perforce” for Unreal, so we can work all at the same time on the project. Also I went to an old asylum to get reference images.
The blockout is already finished and I started to do some things for the environment.
Here are some pictures from where we are right now:
All textures from the ground, wall and ceiling are done with substance designer and setup in unreal with multiple blend layers to get a unique result.
Please give us some critics and suggestions for improvements! This would help us a lot!