Home Contests & Challenges Archives Reallusion Game Character Animation Contest

Reallusion Game Character Animation Contest - Q&A

Replies

• justice_angel001
    normally I say "congratulations" to winner.
    But this time I do not feel that blessing
  • Wungun
    Offline / Send Message
    Wungun polycounter lvl 8
    normally I say "congratulations" to winner.
    But this time I do not feel that blessing
    Thank you for your participation!
  • lucifersam02
    I just saw the winners. And this is really really disappointing.
    I know it was written the ones who would use iclone would have special attention uring judging time, but I also thought it was an animation contest, and the quality of animation would be the primal criteria. And sorry to tell that, but the winners are definitly NOT the best animation I've seen in this contest. I've seen others participants rendering better job. Just have a look at the special mention, Laura Sajdik and PrismArt did a far better job at the quality of their animations than the winners. At this level it's not only taste, but also common sense.
    When I started this contest, I thought "nah that's a promotionnal stuff for their soft, they won't accept anything done without iclone." but on the rules it was written that the use of iclone was recommended but not necessary, as it was an animation contest after all. But when I see the winners, I'm starting to think the judges weren't fully impartial and did favored the use of iClone over animation quality. And that's really ashame.
  • direx
    You are right. The three movies which won this contest didn't had the best animations. I'm with you with that. And yes, Laura Sadjik did a increbible job in keyframing this little robot. The movie from prism art was a bit disappointing. You know, 5 people made this in full time work ... It was o.k. but nothing more ...
    The thing is, this was a contest hosted by the company which is selling iClone. How can you think, that a movie, created completely without this software, had a slim chance to win anything???? You are right, this is promotion stuff, so if you know that, why didn't you play the rules? You could have used iClone, you know and maybe if your movie wouldn't had such extreme violent themes like rape, may be it would have got more attention, don't you think?

Even this was an animation contest, at the end you have to dreate something entertaining. It must not be technical perfect. It needs to be convincing and entertaining, thats all ...

And in case of this special event, the use od iClone in any way would have helped ...
  • Prism Art
    Hello Panelists,

Direx and Lucifersam02...my friends ur movies were really good and entertaining.
    It is all Juries opinion what are the parameters on which they find a movie best in their opinion and we should respect it.
    But you should have little courtesy and a feel of respect for all people who was part of this competition because they have put their heart, soul and sincere effort to create a beautiful film.
    It really does not matter how many people or how many days it takes to create a movie or an art...the only thing matters is respect. If you do not respects others art...then you r not an artist.
    God has given us a grace. Lets not embarrass him.
  • ThePoetTrees
    Is it just me, or does anybody else see the funny side of "lucifer" and "angel" both taking the same side? I can understand where they're both coming from, but that's still a pretty cool irony. :)

Seriously though, congrats to all winners from me too. From the very start, you were all the most obvious choices for that particular set of judges, but as a newbie, I didn't pull out, because I greatly appreciated all the time, camaraderie and generosity that went into your tutorials, demos and friendly, helpful replies.

Thanks to all of you, I've gained insights into many alternatives to iClone that I'm now keen and excited to try, starting with motion builder - with special thanks to Wungun! Love your work!... as well as maya and 3DSmax, most of which are offering free 3 year trials at the moment.

Hollywood hugs to all, but you know... with *real* affection.
    :)
  • Wungun
    Offline / Send Message
    Wungun polycounter lvl 8
    Bleetz wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does anybody else see the funny side of "lucifer" and "angel" both taking the same side? I can understand where they're both coming from, but that's still a pretty cool irony. :)

Seriously though, congrats to all winners from me too. From the very start, you were all the most obvious choices for that particular set of judges, but as a newbie, I didn't pull out, because I greatly appreciated all the time, camaraderie and generosity that went into your tutorials, demos and friendly, helpful replies.

Thanks to all of you, I've gained insights into many alternatives to iClone that I'm now keen and excited to try, starting with motion builder - with special thanks to Wungun! Love your work!... as well as maya and 3DSmax, most of which are offering free 3 year trials at the moment.

Hollywood hugs to all, but you know... with *real* affection.
    :)
    Bleetz you are a good animator and I cant wait to see what you do next i liked cow in space because it was different and fun for the kids. I wish you good luck on your future animations!
  • ThePoetTrees
    Thanks Wungun! Greatly appreciated! :)
  • Wungun
    Offline / Send Message
    Wungun polycounter lvl 8
    Prism Art wrote: »
    Hello Panelists,

Direx and Lucifersam02...my friends ur movies were really good and entertaining.
    It is all Juries opinion what are the parameters on which they find a movie best in their opinion and we should respect it.
    But you should have little courtesy and a feel of respect for all people who was part of this competition because they have put their heart, soul and sincere effort to create a beautiful film.
    It really does not matter how many people or how many days it takes to create a movie or an art...the only thing matters is respect. If you do not respects others art...then you r not an artist.
    God has given us a grace. Lets not embarrass him.
    Amen to that my brother!
  • Prism Art
    Hello everyone,
    Hope everyone is good with their health.
    Plz visit our page with Janmashtami Video.
    We eagerly wait for your feed back and suggestions.