Scarlet Witch

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Kend greentooth

Replies

• SuperFranky
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    If you're aiming for Elizabeth Olsen's body type, then the proportions aren't right. The actress is 7 heads tall standing on heels. Your sculpt is easily 8 barefoot.

duCvIl0.jpg
    p4yhv6G.png
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    If you're aiming for Elizabeth Olsen's body type, then the proportions aren't right. The actress is 7 heads tall standing on heels. Your sculpt is easily 8 barefoot.

duCvIl0.jpg

Im only using Elizabeth olsen for her face likeness. For the body im going for idealized 8 heads tall ( see photo below) But also the photo your using isnt accurate and not a good photo to use because of the perspective the camera is creating, you got to find photos that are more orthographic and taken not up close but from a little farther back so its a orthogrpahic like shot, 7 heads with heels isnt normal for a adult female usually 7 1/2 heads flat foot is average.

For example the photo below is of Elizabeth olsen body but not a close up shot of the body if you look you can see the difference. Its a tricky thing using photos as reference because depending on the type of photo it can sometimes throw you off.

Try not to use up close photos but one that are taken from farther back but zoomed in.

prop_female.gif

rihy14.jpg
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Good start. Im not sure if they photoshopped her enough in some of those pictures
  • leaf
    Good start. Im not sure if they photoshopped her enough in some of those pictures

Haha, that's always the danger with using celebs as references... unless they're candids you never know what's real or not ;)

OP, looking good so far! Lots of reference and attention to accurate proportions, looking forward to seeing to process!
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Skyline5Gtr - Hey thanks, Ya thats wats rough about using celeb photos as reference gotta be very careful.

leaf - Thanks alot man :D

Ok everyone so in this update I wanted to show everybody the blockout I did for the costume to show what design im going for. I noticed that in one of the cartoons and in Age of ultron Scarlet witch has this kind of punk/goth vibe to her, I really want to go that direction with this costume because I feel it fits with my style in terms of what type of characters I like and feel it fits with scarlet witch as well.

So here is a Very rough blockout of the costume design and the current wip sculpt I have:

nq4sxv.jpg

fp9l54.jpg
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    So here is a quick update, got sidetracked a bit so hopefully I can pick up the pace. For this update i worked her torso especially the breast area and the jackets detail, dont have the wrinkles in yet but hoping to get the proportions down first then finish off the jacket. For the breasts i kind of wanted her to be busty, and wearing a corset kind of like in the ref photos in the first post. But lemme know what you think and any crits THX :D!!

2ephi0l.jpg
  • spiderDude
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Hey Kend, looking pretty sweet!

As for your question about the corset, it all depends on the corset really. I'd find a corset style that looks good and follow that.
  • RitualSynergY
    Offline / Send Message
    RitualSynergY greentooth
    Hey man this is looking great so far! Looking forward to seeing this progress :D
  • Muzzoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    The reason why the head looks small is the face is actually too small, not the entire head.

Here is the face scaled up a bit
    Zd8Ojnp.png
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Spiderdude - Thanks alot Man :D I found which corset im going to go with its posted below.

RitualSynergy - Thanks alot man :D

Muzz - Thanks for the paintover greatly appreciated, but that pic was old and ive changed th body a bit since then, the pic below is the current body, does her head still look too small? here body is 8 heads tall do you think that might have something to do with it?

PS the boobs are pushed in because of the corset shes going to be wearing so do they look right? Im making her pretty busty :D

2w7lkxy.jpg

20130813162504689.jpg
  • Muzzoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    I said nothing about her body, i just said that her face was too small on her head, which hasn't changed.

headStep2.jpg

That being said i would scale the head up even so.
  • spiderDude
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    I think the face itself is correct in size, the skull is a tad bit too high which I think makes the face appear small.

Here's a quick paintover and a bunch of ladies with shaved heads for reference.
    91saOgm.jpg
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Hey guys thanks for the advice on the top of the head, check out the fix below.

Still have to do the face details

21an14p.jpg

So I fell behind on her because of work, but here is her finished design im going with. Now I just got to get the wrinkles done and finish the sculpt and move on from there. So what do you guys think?

29ykvo8.jpg
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    UPDATE

Jacket and bra finished, and i got piercings and hair in there as well, I did start the eyelashes and eyebrows a little bit will finish them later off to play Arkham Knight lol

21ln7y8.jpg
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    that kicks ass :) you planning any design work on the fabric/ patterns etc?
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Ged - Thanks man, Ya I plan on having a cool airbrush design on the back of the leather jacket, and the bra will have some art on it as well :D
  • amirabd2130
    Offline / Send Message
    amirabd2130 polycounter lvl 7
    awesome job so far.
    can't wait to see more
  • wakkamis
    Offline / Send Message
    wakkamis polycounter lvl 15
    Fantastic job! Not a fan of that hair style, but that's just my opinion. It does, however fit the character.
  • heboltz3
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Another Kend Character? Subbin to this one. Cool stuff so far, keep it up man!
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    amirabd2130 - Thanks man. :D

wakkamis - Thanks man, The hairstyle I might experiment with more when at the hair card phase

heboltz3 - Thanks man :D !!

Ok so this is pretty much the finished sculpt, im going to move on to the retopo now.

But the first pic is a WIP of the face polypaint and the WIP of eyelashes and eyebrows

4rui4i.jpg

1qnwol.jpg
  • fluor
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    ah that cleavage <3
    Nice style! Really liking this so far.
    Looking at the face closeup I feel like one of those nose piercings is a bit too much though. I don't know if someone would actually wear both of them at the same time? Did you see it on someone? (Maybe they do and it's just me haha)

Looking forward to more!!
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    fluor - Thanks man, Ya you make a good point I think im just gonna stick with the nose piercing between the nostrils.
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Hey guys Been working away on the low poly and textures. Heres some quick shots of her face in Marmoset, still messing around with the makeup, and the hair and eyebrows are almost ready hoping to have face done 2moro. Going to add a design to her bra as well.

xd9qp4.jpg

70knx1.jpg

2v286ew.jpg
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Dayum, the face looks real nice :)!!
  • Bolovorix
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolovorix ngon master
    Really nice character!
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Tits, Bolovorix - Thanks guys :D
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Cleaning up the shader settings, and got the eyebrows done time to move on to the hair :D

izoq6o.jpg

wlf9z7.jpg
  • Goeddy
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    nice work so far,

i think her eyelids, especially the lower eyelid, is too thin though. thats pretty visible on the sideview.

plus i think her eyes are a bit too big and her mouth too.
    also her siluette in the 3\4 view is very flat in your version, wich looks kinda boring. she has a bit more volume in the cheeks. and a bit more definition under the eyes...

i made a quick, convoluted overpaint.

tumblr_npss8lR8sA1sljkhxo2_r1_1280.jpg
  • Abrvpt
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Looking good ! The only thing that bothers me is the lower piercings, they are really small, barely the thickness of the bar holding them.
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I think this is looking great so far. I think my only crit is the eyes being red...not a fan. Might just be me but I'm pretty sure Scarlet Witch's eyes aren't red. Aside from being the wrong color, I think they are too bright and possibly a bit oversaturated. Again, just IMO so not sure if you necessarily need to change it.
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Goeddy - Thanks man, Ya Ive actually decided to not make it out of her likeness in the end, but I'll definitely look into the forms of the face.

Abrvpt - Thanks man, ill make em thicker.

Slosh - Thanks man, I don't want the eyes to be naturally red but I want her eyes to turn red when she uses her powers so its something im going to play around with maybe make it a effect or something.

Heres a quick update Im almost done, The hair is a WIP.

FIRST PIC HAS OLD PIECRINGS NOT NEW ONES

j08neo.jpg

2r3bic9.jpg

2mr780z.jpg
  • Mateus
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    Looking awesome.
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Mateus - Thanks man

Hey everyone so here are the final shots of the model, Im going to be taking final crits and cleaning her up then posing her and making presentation shots. So what do you guys think?

Also big question Red or Black??

27wyj5i.jpg
    14t4yeg.jpg
    13zaaud.jpg
    2570egm.jpg
    qx4d45.jpg
    o5vsr6.jpg
    15h0lg1.jpg
  • amirabd2130
    Offline / Send Message
    I love how she turned out.

I prefer the red hair if you could make it a little darker :)
  • fluor
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    Mh I think I'd choose the black hair (maybe with a slight tint of red?).
    The red is a little bright but if you make it darker it'll probably be too similar to the jacket.
    Love her face <3 that eyecolor is really pretty.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    She's looking really great man, the reflective value of her skin seems a liiiittle bit too high though, maybe half the current value would be good.
  • Kend
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    amirabd2130 - Thanks man, Ya the red did seem to bright but Ive decided to go with Black

Fluor - Thanks man Ya I Chose black in the end.

Almighty_Gir - Thanks man, Ya I lowered it in the images below, Too me it felt like the specular was to bright so I ended up lowering that.

Okay guys here she is, Thanks for the support.

scarlet_witch_by_kdoyle9-d9539gn.jpg
    scarlet_witch_full_body_by_kdoyle9-d953ax0.jpg
    scarlet_witch_head_shots_by_kdoyle9-d953bac.jpg
    scarlet_witch_torso_shots_by_kdoyle9-d953biz.jpg
    scarlet_witch_boots_by_kdoyle9-d953bw8.jpg
    scarlet_witch_wireframe_by_kdoyle9-d953c37.jpg
    scarlet_witch_zbrush_by_kdoyle9-d953ce4.jpg
  • jhoythottle
    Offline / Send Message
    jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
    Looks great. I'd love to see some maps. Love the way you connected the hair to the scalp. The version before the final was way too harsh. Nice work! :)
  • Abrvpt
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Superb work ! She looks really good and you progressed steadily to achieve this great result in a relatively short time.

But...

This piece could be even more awesome.
    At the moment all her attire looks super brand new with no dirtiness, no scratches anywhere on the leather (especially the shoes), The Slipknot printing on the bra is absolutely intact... Her whole attire doesn't feel worn at all. It's a bit sad considering the quality of the modeling and the high level of detail with stitching.

Maybe you want to move on another project, but if you feel like pushing the clothing texture further some day, she'll be Really Really outstanding.
  • xxroxx
    Offline / Send Message
    xxroxx polycounter lvl 3
    She's smoking hot! Great work, loved the end result!
  • amirabd2130
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the end result :thumbup:

I could agree with Abrvpt but I love her anyway :)