Home Technical Talk

headus uvlayout normal map seam

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
ArcaneLeo polycounter lvl 2
hello,i have some problem, im using 3dmax for modelling and uvlayout for unwrap, and xnormal for normal map baking

i use it for a long time and i realy satisfied for the result. But now the normal map give me bad result, there a seam on the normal map and match with unwrap seam

its really frustate me,i guess the problem was xnormal, so i play with different setting, but no luck,and when i unwrap with 3dmax, it shown no seam, but when i use uvlayout it give me very visible seam on my normal map and it give me headache

anybody know about this?? i search on internet but nothing for the solution

Replies

• ArcaneLeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    because i want to test if the seam was appear or not, usually when im unwrap with uvlayout and bake the normal map with x normal there almost no visible seam

but one day when i work,there an ugly seam appear
    the smoothing group on my character was set properly

i use x+ y- z+ normal map and i apply it to ue4,3dmax and marmoset, there shown a very visible seam

but when i use x+ y+ z+ in marmoset look normal without seam,but in other 3d package the seam was shown

(sorry for my bad english)
  • ArcaneLeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ArcaneLeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have using a cage,and maybe the uvlayout not the problem because i use xrayunwrap, and the result are the same, i bake with 3dmax and the seam was there
    i export it with different setting and nothing change too