Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bosozoku Sailor Moon

Hey all!

First time poster. I’ve just graduated from game dev and I’m now trying to put a portfolio together. My first project is tackling Bosozoku Sailor Moon design by Babs Tarr.

Babs.jpg

Started with a zsphear base and am slowly going through detailing, trying to make sure everything is at the same stage before I move in case next in case I decide to make any major changes. I’m also considering doing the bike, but I’d like my portfolio to be geared more for characters so I’m not too invested in that.

Here’s where I am currently, posts below will have where I started.

SM03.png

I really like sculpting hair so yeah.

Replies

• RobinBlue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a lot of my reference for quick.

SM_ref.png

This was a bit into my base, where I was before I decided that her face should probably be more Asian, since Sailor Moon is technically Japanese. I haven't touched the feet or fingers as of yet so ignore those lumpy things.

SM01.png
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Gesture is off. That's being a little too general, so I want to say specifically is, as a next step, drop the subdivision levels or get the sculpt back to looking really faceted and low res. right now there are several gestural and proportion issues that can be fixed much more easily at a lower resolution.

Off the top of my head, you've got a good reference board, but you're going to also want to look at existing A or T pose references from great artists like Andrew Loomis. Grab those references and emulate what they've made, while maintaining the aesthetic particulars of the concept. All at low res.