Home Adobe Substance

[SOLVED] SBSAR only contains one material

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
james swanson polycounter lvl 5
So I've got this simple bicycle for an environment I'm doing:

9d4screenshot000.png

That's what the raw textures look like exported as PNGs from Designer at 2k x 1k.

After setting all of my node sizes and exposing what I needed to expose, I compiled the SBSAR.

Here's what the SBSAR looks like in Marmo:

33screenshot001.png

Only the steel actually shows up. No red paint, emissive, leather, or brass. Note that the steel is the base material in the multi mat blend I'm using, as that probably has something to do with it.

I've tried ticking/unticking the "Output computation" for all of the graphs I'm using and it didn't help. Just wondering if this is a bug or if it's a mistake on my end and how I can get this working.

Replies

• Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Can you try your sbsar in our Substance Player and see how it behave ?
    https://www.allegorithmic.com/download
  • VictorB
    Offline / Send Message
    VictorB polycounter lvl 6
    Post your graph so we can check it out for any errors.
  • james swanson
    Offline / Send Message
    This is how it looks in Substance Player:

399cb3528a0938b604172d1a70b37653.jpg

It looks perfect in Designer before compiling, and the sbsar looks fine in the Substance Player. It's only in Marmo and UE4 that the problem occurs.
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    What engine do you use in Designer ? Direct3D or SSE2 (aka GPU or CPU) ?
    I'm not sure about Toolbag 2, but UE4 use the CPU engine so maybe you have some differences between the render made with the GPU and CPU engine. I suggest trying the other one in Designer to see how your graph behave.

For example using the "color to mask" node with a very low "mask range" setting can create some incorrect masking with the CPU engine (due to precision issues).
  • james swanson
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, so I tried switching the engine to SSE2 in Designer and seeing how it compiled in Designer, and it looks exactly the same. Furthermore, I created an oil drum asset and compiled the sbsar for that and it worked perfectly in Marmo and UE4. I compiled it using the D3D engine. I'm not sure how this could be a problem with the graph since it seems to be computing the maps correctly. Would it help if I uploaded my SBS with dependencies for you to take a look? Thanks.

Also and unrelated question. I'd like for some exposed values to be hidden if other values are false when being viewed in UE4. I assumed the "visible if" parameter handled this, but it doesn't seem to do anything in UE4; all parameters are visible. Just wondering if I misunderstood the use of the visible if param.

Edit: I was looking at the error console in the Substance viewer and notice there are a lot of errors related to the bike sbs. Not sure what they mean or how serious they are since the maps are still correct, but here they are:

Pastebin
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Sharing the SBS will help indeed.

The "Visible if" is not supported in the UE4 for the moment.
  • james swanson
    Offline / Send Message
    So I just went in to Designer and recompiled the sbsar and for some reason it now works perfectly. I'm not sure if it was something I did. Maybe switching the engine helped, but just not immediately? Anyways, thanks for the help!