Home Technical Talk

Knald - Master Thread

Replies

• malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    cgilbert, 8bit copy paste would be extremely helpful I would be happy with that, probably that is all that was working in CrazyBump, I never checked. I'd rather have 8bit copy/paste working sooner rather than waiting for a solution to 16bit, we seriously use Knald every day on every single map that gets generated at our studio. Each time we add a new environment artist a new license of Knald is purchased.

For the preset lists, one interface save file won't work because I have 3-7 sets of settings per one .psd If I could name and save full interface settings files that would be fine, all I care about is the photo to normal sliders and if copy paste worked I wouldn't care about paths anymore.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    warxsnake wrote: »
    Did a quick test vs Xnormal, both done at 4K with their respective max AA
    Some minor but visible aliasing seems to show up, mainly in areas where different meshes meet?
    THe same High Poly, Low Poly and Cage were used.

kHWk01a.jpg

Hey warxsnake,

We fixed the AA on our end, which in part was a small bug that was compounded by a few other factors.

The image below shows the old AA, the new fixed AA and an 8k images resized down to 2k with bilinear to get supersampling (which was then normalised).

knald_old_aa_new_aa_8k_resize_zpscoktmo7m.png~original

We noticed that the range not being set high enough can cause the AA not to render correctly and in addition the bakes from xNormal look like they have more AA because they are not normalised, which is incorrect in most cases. If you need un-normalised AA we can look at adding an option to export in that way.

If you take a look at the example below you will see what a large difference normalisation can make. One thing that should be noted is that you cant really define the quality of AA on normals by looking at in a colour map. It only appears more aliased when the image isn't being rendered.

xNormal_unnormalised_vs_normalised_zpsdxcmo1zs.png~original
    Gheromo wrote: »
    Some feedback:

3D Viewport is quite limited in how far you can zoom. I have quite complex model that I had to explode and its impossible to inspect certain elements closeup.

Ok, I will see what I can do.
    3D Viewport zoom is buggy, it doesnt zoom properly. One time it works, then it doesnt. Quite confusing at times.

Thanks for the report. We have 2 zoom modes in the 3d preview. Which one is buggy for you?
    • Coarse Zoom - Middle mouse button scroll/Alt+Left mouse button drag
    • Fine Zoom - Middle mouse button scroll/Alt+Left mouse button drag.
    Also +1 one this issue that was already reported: http://i.imgur.com/kHWk01a.jpg
    Fixed! See comment above :)
    Knald doesnt reload models if they are updated automaticly, you have to delete them out of Knald and plug them back in. Quite slow process.
    The HP and Cage meshes currently refresh once you hit bake. We are working on implementing the low poly refresh at the moment and hope to get it added soon.
    Its unclear sometimes what Knald uses for baking. Is it going to use range or cage to bake? If you plug in cage and start messing with range, it will use range to bake, but you cant go back to cage? So in order to go back to cage baking mode, you have to unplug it and plug it back in? There should be a switch perhaps.

Knald always uses both the cage and the range when baking. Range is the search distance and is usually ghosted because the default value is sufficient in most cases. If you want to change it you can set the dropdown to 'Manual'
    If you load a cage mesh then the cage slider is disabled because it is assumed that you already set the correct push amount before exporting the mesh.
    Feature request: Xnormal has a feature to use geometry as raycast blockers. So say you have 2 pieces of geometry very close to each other and when rays cast these rays grab info from other geometry, which you dont want, so you can put ray blocking geometry in between like a plane to stop it from happening.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will add it to the list.
    Feature request: Curvature map baking,
    Already done! Hopefully it will be added to a build soon.

Its really nice baking solution so far, I really like how quick it is!
    Thank you! :)

Thanks! :)
  • Farfarer
    Any plans for allowing users to write custom tangent bases, btw?
  • gloriousczar
    Offline / Send Message
    gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
    I was really looking forward to this update for the copy and paste feature, disappointed to see it hasn't been added yet. Metalliandy said back at the end of February that there was a copy and paste feature already working?

The copy/paste is already included in our internal builds, along with many of the other requests found in the thread such as the global/group/tab save etc. that is in Lys (that allows pretty much every GUI option to be saved on a global/group/tab basis) and will be available to test during the next public beta, which won't be long.

What happened?

Also, could you guys also add a curvature tab? I want the cavity and convexity in one map, and I currently have to comp them together right now.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to more support for Knald!
  • beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Also, could you guys also add a curvature tab

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gheromo viewpost.gif
    Feature request: Curvature map baking,

Already done! Hopefully it will be added to a build soon

Like 3 posts above yours
  • Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Thank you for the reply metalliandy.

Another suggestion:
    Feature that also exists in xnormal is the ability to scale the meshes within Knald. For example half of your mesh comes from zbrush and another half from 3D application of your choice. Due to the way zBrush saves files, in my case I have to always scale those meshes by 10000% to get them to the same scale as they were originally. That way you can eliminate the step of importing zbrush Geometry into application of your choice in order to re export it.

Not really a major one, but can be useful for some people in some cases.

Another suggestion:

I did mention in my last post that I was working on exploded geometry for the baking and and AO bakes were purely influenced by HighPoly geo. So to get Mesh AO it means you have to go into the 3D Viewer and override Bake geo with proper non exploded geo to get mesh AO. Perhaps there should be another option to plug in another lowpoly right for that. That way perhaps you should be able to automaticly combine AO from highpoly and mesh AO And / or export 2 separately. It just feels like that original Knald section is "disconnected" with "Bake" tab. I hope it all makes sense.

Its fine when you are baking small objects but when it comes to complex stuff exploding meshes in most cases is probably easiest way to get perfect bakes.

As of zoom bug, I cant reproduce it anymore. If I bump into it again I will PM you.
  • cgilbert
    I was really looking forward to this update for the copy and paste feature, disappointed to see it hasn't been added yet. Metalliandy said back at the end of February that there was a copy and paste feature already working?

We have had some basic 8bit RGB24 functionality testable since when Andy originally mentioned it, however there are some workflow consistency concerns and finishing work that we have not yet been able to address.

It is high on our priority list of features - we hope to add it to the Knald 1.1.0 beta ASAP.

Would you mind taking a look at the last couple pages of thread where I have been discussing this topic with Malcom and share your thoughts? Specifically, any insight you can give with regards to your specific desired workflow with copy+paste would be helpful in focusing our efforts and feature scope. (Do you need to import, export, or both? To/from what programs, do you need support outside of RGB24 or RGBA32?)
    Thank you for the reply metalliandy.
    As of zoom bug, I cant reproduce it anymore. If I bump into it again I will PM you.

When this happens again can you try tapping the ctrl and then alt keys of your keyboard and let me know if it goes away? I think this rare bug may be caused by a key-event flag getting stuck due to ctrl or alt tabbing from/to the 3d viewport window. Thank you for the bug report and we will investigate ASAP.

Thanks!
    Chris Gilbert
    - KnaldTech Team
  • BARDLER
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Use this tool everyday, and it saves me tons of time with everything I do. No other tool can bake maps faster and more effortlessly than Knald.

Well worth the money!
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Farfarer wrote: »
    Any plans for allowing users to write custom tangent bases, btw?
    Hey Farfarer,

We are definitely considering it but how it gets prioritized depends on general demand.
    We will however be adding tangent space via fbx files in the short term, for cases where MikkTSpace hasn't been added.

Hope that helps!
    BARDLER wrote: »
    Use this tool everyday, and it saves me tons of time with everything I do. No other tool can bake maps faster and more effortlessly than Knald.

Well worth the money!
    QFT! <3
  • Farfarer
    Hey Farfarer,

We are definitely considering it but how it gets prioritized depends on general demand.
    We will however be adding tangent space via fbx files in the short term, for cases where MikkTSpace hasn't been added.

Hope that helps!
    Good to hear it's a possibility!

FBX tangents won't work for our case (working in Max, but we don't use Max's tangent basis). But I'll keep an eye out for news on custom tangent bases :)
  • Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    Baking bug I have encountered. That geometry is UV'd as a rectangular strip for easier texturing.

lMxIhSJ.png

This bug has been fixed by restoring bake settings to default. Bake error seem to have been produced due to incorrectly imported HighPoly (it wasnt there). This whole time I have been updating my hi & low geometry without Knald detecting any changes and not reloading updated geometry. Therefore I was baking broken geometry over and over again, without realising.

Update on the issue above, its caused by Anti-aliasing being set to 16xAA

Additional Viewport Feedback:

Just to add to my previous criticism, I would like to say that currently rotation around the origin of the "scene" makes it impossible to look closely at anything if you have large geometry. Would be nice if viewport camera would allow you to freely move around similar to marmoset or whatever else.

Bug:

If you set export settings to TGA (I guess any other than default format)

and then add extra maps to be baked, if you look back into export tab you will see that map you added will be exporting as TIFF instead of global preset format.

Bug:

Saving settings in Prefix / Suffix tab, dont get saved properly. They reset back to defaults on application restart. I guess it may apply to other tabs too.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Baking bug I have encountered. That geometry is UV'd as a rectangular strip for easier texturing.

lMxIhSJ.png

This bug has been fixed by restoring bake settings to default. Bake error seem to have been produced due to incorrectly imported HighPoly (it wasnt there). This whole time I have been updating my hi & low geometry without Knald detecting any changes and not reloading updated geometry. Therefore I was baking broken geometry over and over again, without realising.

Additional Viewport Feedback:

Just to add to my previous criticism, I would like to say that currently rotation around the origin of the "scene" makes it impossible to look closely at anything if you have large geometry. Would be nice if viewport camera would allow you to freely move around similar to marmoset or whatever else.

Bug:

If you set export settings to TGA (I guess any other than default format)

and then add extra maps to be baked, if you look back into export tab you will see that map you added will be exporting as TIFF instead of global preset format.

Bug:

Saving settings in Prefix / Suffix tab, dont get saved properly. They reset back to defaults on application restart. I guess it may apply to other tabs too.

Thanks for the reports and suggestions!

Currently LP meshes don't update automatically but the HP and Cages will update once you hit bake. We are working on having the LP meshes update currently so hopefully it will be included in a build soon

Regarding that error, could you please upload the meshes for us to take a look at please?

Cheers!
  • Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    cgilbert wrote: »
    When this happens again can you try tapping the ctrl and then alt keys of your keyboard and let me know if it goes away? I think this rare bug may be caused by a key-event flag getting stuck due to ctrl or alt tabbing from/to the 3d viewport window. Thank you for the bug report and we will investigate ASAP.

This is exactly what I have been experiencing. Also I believe last night I had viewport zooming without holding ALT, and by tapping it I was able to rotate in the viewport.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator

lMxIhSJ.png

Hi Gheromo,

I took a look at the mesh you sent and the error is down to overlapping UVs from the mirroring you have done on the posts, and that the UVs islands/shells are not all the same size when overlapped (an overlapped UV island needs to be the same size and shape as the island that it is overlapping).

Repacking your UVs should fix this for you if you don't fancy unwrapping everything again. :)
  • Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    I see. What threw me off was the fact that error wasnt present if AA was disabled and when it was on it was baking with the error. Never before had this issue, hence why I assumed it was baker error. Apologies for wasting your time on that issue.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo, I've had the rotate zoom bug since I've been using Knald, at firt I can only rotate, then I fiddle with holding alt, then it sometimes let's me zoom.
  • cgilbert
    This is exactly what I have been experiencing. Also I believe last night I had viewport zooming without holding ALT, and by tapping it I was able to rotate in the viewport.
    malcolm wrote: »
    Gheromo, I've had the rotate zoom bug since I've been using Knald, at firt I can only rotate, then I fiddle with holding alt, then it sometimes let's me zoom.

I'll try and get a fix to this bug into our next beta build. Thanks for confirming my suspicions!
  • ceebee
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    LP/HP coming from Maya/ZBrush respectively worked great. However, coworkers using ZB and Max when exporting meshes seemed to have wrong axis matched, spent a few minutes troubleshooting and did not realize the LP wasn't updating when trying to flip axis on export. Is there any settings specifically they need to have in Knald or Max to make sure LP and HP match up axis-wise?
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    ceebee wrote: »
    LP/HP coming from Maya/ZBrush respectively worked great. However, coworkers using ZB and Max when exporting meshes seemed to have wrong axis matched, spent a few minutes troubleshooting and did not realize the LP wasn't updating when trying to flip axis on export. Is there any settings specifically they need to have in Knald or Max to make sure LP and HP match up axis-wise?

Sorry for the late reply!

I haven't actually experienced this issue first hand but it would be something to do with the export axis from the exporting application rather than something within Knald.

For the moment would suggest exporting a proxy HP mesh (perhaps a slightly higher res version of the LP so you can tell the difference between the two) with different axis setting on export until you find the correct match.

I will see if we can get an axis rotate added for both mesh types in a future build.
    We are working on LP update currently and will include it in a build ASAP
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    knald_1.1.png

Hey everyone,

New build ahoy! Hot on the heels of last weeks initial beta release we are happy to release another update with lots of new features, improvements and optimizations. :)

Build Number: 20150518002 – May 20th, 2015.

New Features, Improvements and Optimizations
    • Mesh processing improvements.
    • Added additional 3d preview controls to settings system.
    • Added the ability to load/save Knald settings to a file (.ksf).
    • Added "P" hotkey for 3d preview viewport.
    • Fixed beta documentation link from the help menu.
    • Improved Anti-aliasing quality on tangent space normals.
    • Updated to latest FBX standard.
    • Miscellaneous improvements and optimizations.

Bug fixes

• Fix for very large TIFF files (8k) not opening correctly in Photoshop.
    • Fix for issue where certain saved settings might not be persistent in some cases.
    • Fix for various modifier key sticking issues in 3d preview and settings cluster.
    • Miscellaneous bug fixes.

You can grab the new beta build from https://www.knaldtech.com/knald-1-1-0-open-beta/

You can find build notes here: https://www.knaldtech.com/knald-update-build20150518002/

We are really loving the feedback we are getting so far regarding the baker so please do continue sending/posting everything you can! <3

Enjoy!

The KnaldTECH Team
  • cgilbert
    For the preset lists, one interface save file won't work because I have 3-7 sets of settings per one .psd If I could name and save full interface settings files that would be fine, all I care about is the photo to normal sliders and if copy paste worked I wouldn't care about paths anymore.

In the latest update you can now save and load the application settings to any file name of your choosing! In the edit menu there are now "Save Settings -> To File" as well as "Restore Saved Settings -> From File" options.

This allows you to create as many different individually named settings files (.KSF) as you might need.
    3D Viewport zoom is buggy, it doesnt zoom properly. One time it works, then it doesnt. Quite confusing at times.

This bug has been fixed - thank you for verifying our test case and let us know if you have any related issues in the future.

Thanks!
    Chris Gilbert
    - KnaldTech Team
  • tach
    Is there an ETA on curvature baking? I believe a few pages back it was mentioned that it was mostly ready. It's the feature I'm most interested on so any info on this would be appreciated. Ty!
  • Fuiosg
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    When I load the knald demo it asks for a license key, then if I close that out it just hangs saying "...Checking license server". Does the demo not work?
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    tach wrote: »
    Is there an ETA on curvature baking? I believe a few pages back it was mentioned that it was mostly ready. It's the feature I'm most interested on so any info on this would be appreciated. Ty!

We are trying not to give definitive dates for any of our features as if we miss the deadline because of some unforeseen circumstance then people will be disappointed, which we don't want. The feature is still coming however and we hope to add it to a public build ASAP.
    Fuiosg wrote: »
    When I load the knald demo it asks for a license key, then if I close that out it just hangs saying "...Checking license server". Does the demo not work?
    You need to use the key that you got when you registered for the demo. Let me know if that doesnt work. :)
  • commador
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    Are there any plans for baking down material colors?
  • beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    commador wrote: »

Hmm I'd say this and baking by MAT IDs would be awesome (I mentioned this the other day).

If it doesn't export Mat Colors, maybe it could bake each separate MAT ID as a different color.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome I'll download the latest release.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    cgilbert, this save settings is exactly what I need. Thanks!. Any chance you can add a little button to the interface, or a hotkey for save/load settings from a file.
  • cgilbert
    cgilbert, this save settings is exactly what I need. Thanks!. Any chance you can add a little button to the interface, or a hotkey for save/load settings from a file.

Glad it suits your purpose!

We will have it hot-keyed in the next release.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    commador wrote: »
    beefaroni wrote: »
    Hmm I'd say this and baking by MAT IDs would be awesome (I mentioned this the other day).

If it doesn't export Mat Colors, maybe it could bake each separate MAT ID as a different color.

Its something that we want to add, for sure.
  • ceebee
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    For MatID stuff out of ZBrush you can just fill all your subtools/polygroups with different vertex colors and bake out the vertex color map. You can also probably vert color objects from Max and Maya although I'm not too sure if they export out RGB vertex colors in obj.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    ceebee wrote: »
    For MatID stuff out of ZBrush you can just fill all your subtools/polygroups with different vertex colors and bake out the vertex color map. You can also probably vert color objects from Max and Maya although I'm not too sure if they export out RGB vertex colors in obj.

Thanks for the clarification, ceebee.

I will make sure we keep that info in mind :)
  • Dexyn
    Hey Knald team!

Long time user of this product, and recently got back into the environment game.

Recently I downloaded Knald, installed, tried to run it, but now I can't get the license to work. I'm just trying to test it out before I buy it.

Is there anything I can do differently to get this to run?

P8BQZaJ.png
    XAGZRKg.png
    x3RrxgQ.png

Hopefully I just didn't pick the wrong day.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Dexyn wrote: »
    Hey Knald team!

Long time user of this product, and recently got back into the environment game.

Recently I downloaded Knald, installed, tried to run it, but now I can't get the license to work. I'm just trying to test it out before I buy it.

Is there anything I can do differently to get this to run?

**snip**

Hopefully I just didn't pick the wrong day.

Hey!

Currently only retail keys will work with the beta unfortunately. We will be releasing a demo version that contains all the updates in the coming weeks so everyone can get in on the action though.

Hope that helps!
  • Dexyn
    Hey!

Currently only retail keys will work with the beta unfortunately. We will be releasing a demo version that contains all the updates in the coming weeks so everyone can get in on the action though.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the prompt reply! I think I'll just take the plunge, it looks incredible and I'm too excited to stop using xNormals.

Thank you again, excited to see the results for myself.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Dexyn wrote: »
    Thank you for the prompt reply! I think I'll just take the plunge, it looks incredible and I'm too excited to stop using xNormals.

Thank you again, excited to see the results for myself.
    No problem!
    Enjoy :)
  • Rucy
    Offline / Send Message
    Rucy polycounter lvl 4
    I have just been trying the new Beta build, looks pretty good so far, look forward to new features being implemented.

Are there any plans to add the ability to change the lighting enviroment for AO baking, something like the Skylight Coverage feature in Topogun? Being able to offset the direction of the light would be interesting too. The ability to get more variation in AO maps would be a big plus.

:)

(edited)
  • blitz
    Offline / Send Message
    blitz polycounter lvl 17
    Hey.. not sure if someone did request it already.. but please please please add some nice highpoly to lowpoly curvature map and object color id map baking feature.
    Right now the id software character team is full on the new knald beta, but we have to go back to xnormal to bake the curvature map and object id map. Would be sweet if it can be done all in knald.
  • Drgreenethumb
    Offline / Send Message
    Drgreenethumb polycounter lvl 9
    is their any way to control the edge padding or Dilation? not having it at 100 percent?
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Rucy wrote: »
    I have just been trying the new Beta build, looks pretty good so far, look forward to new features being implemented.

Are there any plans to add the ability to change the lighting enviroment for AO baking, something like the Skylight Coverage feature in Topogun? Being able to offset the direction of the light would be interesting too. The ability to get more variation in AO maps would be a big plus.

:)

(edited)

Thanks for the kind words :)
    It's not something that we are currently planning but I will put in on the list and see what we can do in the future.
    blitz wrote: »
    Hey.. not sure if someone did request it already.. but please please please add some nice highpoly to lowpoly curvature map and object color id map baking feature.
    Right now the id software character team is full on the new knald beta, but we have to go back to xnormal to bake the curvature map and object id map. Would be sweet if it can be done all in knald.

Curvature and MatID are planned for a future beta build :)
    is their any way to control the edge padding or Dilation? not having it at 100 percent?
    Currently no, there is no way to have anything other than 0 or 100% dilation. I'm not sure it is something that we are looking at changing as technically it is the best option.
    May I ask why you want something less than 100%?
  • Drgreenethumb
    Offline / Send Message
    Drgreenethumb polycounter lvl 9
    Just for having multiple objects in there a map. I guess i am just used to controlling the edge padding of my bakes. But everything else is super smooth
  • blitz
    Offline / Send Message
    blitz polycounter lvl 17
    Curvature and MatID are planned for a future beta build :)

Thats all i need to know, great work so far. Thanks for this sweet little software!
  • DavidJones
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidJones polycounter lvl 4
    A couple of requests, not sure if these have already been brought up.

1. Position map baking http://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SD5/Position?src=contextnavpagetreemode
    2. Batching baking system. Something similar to xNormal Batcher http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126610

Hopefully these can be added in a future release.
  • tynew
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    Which license am I meant to use for Knald open beta? I have a freelancer license and when I try to put it in on startup my "authenticate Knald" button is still greyed out.

EDIT:

Okay that was weird. Instead of going to the "view & manage keys" and using the freelancer license from there I had to instead use the key from "view download & details".

A little bit frustrating that I input my low poly and high poly and there is no bake button lol. I'll have to try this with another asset later.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Just for having multiple objects in there a map. I guess i am just used to controlling the edge padding of my bakes. But everything else is super smooth

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I can't make any promises but I will see what I can do.
    blitz wrote: »
    Thats all i need to know, great work so far. Thanks for this sweet little software!
    Always a pleasure :) Enjoy!
    DavidJones wrote: »
    A couple of requests, not sure if these have already been brought up.

1. Position map baking http://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SD5/Position?src=contextnavpagetreemode
    2. Batching baking system. Something similar to xNormal Batcher http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126610

Hopefully these can be added in a future release.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will see what I can do during the beta :)
    tynew wrote: »
    Which license am I meant to use for Knald open beta? I have a freelancer license and when I try to put it in on startup my "authenticate Knald" button is still greyed out.

EDIT:

Okay that was weird. Instead of going to the "view & manage keys" and using the freelancer license from there I had to instead use the key from "view download & details".

That sounds like a whitespace issue where there is a trailing whitespace after the key is copied. If it happens again please try deleting any excess blank characters that may be present before or after the key.
    tynew wrote: »
    A little bit frustrating that I input my low poly and high poly and there is no bake button lol. I'll have to try this with another asset later.

The bake button is initially called Pre-Process because of our mesh caching system. After the initial Pre-processing and bake the buttons label will change to say "Bake", only changing back to Pre-Process if the HP mesh is changed, which invalidates the cache.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, couple small feature requests.
    1. Could you make the scroll wheel work in the 2D view to zoom in.
    2. Can you make it so the 2D preview can be bilinear filtered again.
    3. I think this is a bug, saving turning off diffuse/vcols and then saving settings resets when you open the application.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, the whole save load interface stuff is really broken for me. Saving the tab for file formats doesn't work either. I set 16bit png and it reverts to 8 when I open the app again. Also pressing alt F7 does some weird shit, instead of loading the settings I've saved it changes the window layout completely.

I'm having to load the save file manually each time I open the app just to get it to behave like normal.
  • tynew
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    I have a weird bug. Importing some specific normal maps to start working off cause Knald to stop responding. It says it's integrated in the status bar but if i click anything it stops responding. I've even waited 15 minutes without any success.

Regarding this, I created a normal from a color map of some generic rocks. Then tried importing that normal and it caused the same bug.

Here's one of the normal files I tried: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwnhBIRqmJGMdTFuSmRueWNhWGM/edit?usp=drivesdk

EDIT:
    I've tested out the baker as well. It's working really nice. One more problem. When I have dilation/padding turned on and export as a tga(seems to happen on any format), the exported normal has no dilation?
  • tynew
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    Is this thread dead? Spending $100 on a program and using it for work I was hoping I could get some support/help :)
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd still like to move over to the beta build, but with the interface resetting each time I launch the program I've gone back to the pre beta build.