Home Technical Talk

Foliage?

solidshark91493
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
solidshark91493 polycounter lvl 6
Edit: Not sure if this should be in the UE section or here. >.>

Ive been trying to broaden my skill set a bit and not focus on one thing too hard lately so I dont grow irritated when I dont meet my expectations and stop trying to improve. So lately I thought Id try to make some sort of forest scene. I have UE4 but I still have almost no knowledge on how to use it.

So, what I'm trying to figure out:

1.How to make the foliage, that being the trees, grass, flowers and anything else. Ive made some good looking grass, but its not poly optimized at all.

2. Rocks, I have the Greg tools script. Havent fiddled with it too much. Id give the cred to the user here that made it but his name fails me atm.

3. Lighting etc. I was learning vray in max but since this will be done in UE4 its a whole new ballgame I assume.

4. Anything else Im not sure of that Id need for a UE4 scene since Im new to it. Also good ways to do a good placement so it looks natural.

Lot to cover Im sure, But gotta start someplace right? I did search for it quite a bit and the foliage creation area of the wiki seems to be MIA. So not sure on that. But any advice is welcome.

Replies