Offline / Send Message
Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
SungWook Jang
3D Environment Artist

guma3d@gmail.com
http://www.guma3d.com/
https://vimeo.com/119524747

Hi~! My name is SungWook Jang.
This is one of my artworks that is modern concept environment.
You can see more information on my website.

e294ce_61f63f16dcb94fbfa75462fe2b20231f.jpg_srz_p_955_538_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

e294ce_670b58a54ba94328b925ad663eb327ca.jpg_srz_p_1563_879_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

e294ce_599fdd55a5c54d0baac03c3854efa8be.jpg_srz_p_1563_879_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

e294ce_e34f3c3e0aa6444184b379b084c18700.jpg_srz_p_1563_879_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Replies

• Benmx
    hey nice modeling, very awesome work. congrats.!
    what tools is maya or 3d max?
  • manilamerc
    Offline / Send Message
    manilamerc polycounter lvl 6
    nice job! Is everything modular?
  • Jakub
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakub interpolator
    Looks fantastic!
  • nastobi123
    Offline / Send Message
    nastobi123 polycounter lvl 8
    I thought the first pic was a reference pic. Fantastic job man !
  • Gannon
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Cool destruction on the environment, but the fire hydrant in the first picture looks MAAAASSSIIIVVVEEEE.
  • TheWalkerGod
    Really cool work man. The only thing i'd say is the definition in those plants looks off (for a second i couldn't figure out if it was moss or some type of vine). They kinda looks too blocky/jaggy. Could be just me though.
  • Jerry_Royals
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerry_Royals polycounter lvl 3
    That is nice work. The rest of the work on your website is fantastic. I agree with TheWalkerGod, the plants are a bit bushy. Perhaps have them appear as thinner vines branching out onto the environment.

Good stuff!
  • Deathstick
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Nice stuff, I'm digging the dynamism of the angles formed by the architecture in your main composition, definitely draws my eye in and around.

I'm wondering why the polycount seems pretty high/a lot of unused edges that are doing nothing in some of the models. The only way I could maybe see something like that being used is if you're doing a lot of vertex painting on the models. The sidewalk trim/curb is a prime example of having way too many polys for what it's doing. IE it kind of looks like you used turbosmooth or something similar and then forgot to remove the needless edgeloops.

It would be great if you could post some high-res (something like 1920x1080 or 1400x900 depending on your monitor's ratio) screenshots so it's a little bit easier to critique the texture work and individual assets themselves.
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    #Benmx I always use Maya for hardsurface stuff(Car, Building, etc) and zbrush for organic stuff(Crack, Tree, etc). Thank you ~!!
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    manilamerc wrote: »
    nice job! Is everything modular?

I used lots of modular pieces for building and other stuff, and I made 6 different debris and duplicate them
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    Jakub wrote: »
    Looks fantastic!

Thank you :D
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    nastobi123 wrote: »
    I thought the first pic was a reference pic. Fantastic job man !

Yes~ I also think the first pic is a reference pic. Thank you man~!!
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    Gannon wrote: »
    Cool destruction on the environment, but the fire hydrant in the first picture looks MAAAASSSIIIVVVEEEE.

Yes I agree with this, but actually it is not tooooooooooooooo big.
    it's little big :poly121:
    I think this my render camera is close with fire hydrant so it looks bigger.

Thank you so much for your critiques. :D
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    Really cool work man. The only thing i'd say is the definition in those plants looks off (for a second i couldn't figure out if it was moss or some type of vine). They kinda looks too blocky/jaggy. Could be just me though.

In my case, the most difficult thing was to make plants stuff. When I have time to modify this work, I will fix them first.
    I'm appreciate giving me nice critiques, thank you.
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    That is nice work. The rest of the work on your website is fantastic. I agree with TheWalkerGod, the plants are a bit bushy. Perhaps have them appear as thinner vines branching out onto the environment.

Good stuff!

Yes, l also agree with his opinion. I hope I can make better plants next time XD
    Thank you.
  • Guma3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Guma3D polycounter lvl 6
    Deathstick wrote: »
    Nice stuff, I'm digging the dynamism of the angles formed by the architecture in your main composition, definitely draws my eye in and around.

I'm wondering why the polycount seems pretty high/a lot of unused edges that are doing nothing in some of the models. The only way I could maybe see something like that being used is if you're doing a lot of vertex painting on the models. The sidewalk trim/curb is a prime example of having way too many polys for what it's doing. IE it kind of looks like you used turbosmooth or something similar and then forgot to remove the needless edgeloops.

It would be great if you could post some high-res (something like 1920x1080 or 1400x900 depending on your monitor's ratio) screenshots so it's a little bit easier to critique the texture work and individual assets themselves.

First of all, thank you for very detailed critiques.
    I also think I spent too many poly for some of models. I always create high and low res models both and using high model for close shot. When I start this project, sidewalks and trash boxes are supposed to locate in front of camera. But... as you know, plan always change and change everyday.... haha. Now, my render shot composition said I spent too much polycount...lol....
    I'm saying again thank you so much for giving me great critiques.