oh hey its me again this time with a AA 12 with a reflex sight check it out

rendered in cycles contains no gluten

ctseu5z.png

Replies

• martygalinskas3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martygalinskas3d polycounter lvl 4
    it's super simple, why is the texture so grainy too?
  • Legion_studios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Legion_studios polycounter lvl 2
    the texture is so post to simulate the grain in a metal and simple is the way i like to model :)
  • Legion_studios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im going to post an updated version soon stay tuned
  • Legion_studios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    added some wood to make it more visually appealing ltFzfuW.png
  • Legion_studios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and some what of a fps view VPjgytF.png
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I have to admit, if this was a low poly for a mobile game, I could get it, but your texture resoltuion speaks otherwise.

This needs more modeling work before you even start texturing.

aa-12.jpg

You need to put in more time to make either a higher resolution model or a high poly model if you want this to look like the shotgun.

Make it look like it does in real life.

If you need a equal example, a game asset version of the AA12
    AA12_preview.jpg
  • Legion_studios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i must admit im still a noob at rendering my actual texturing skills are zero to none so i try to rely on shaders as much as i can is there any way i can improve my rendering? and i want to keep the reflex sights because i think it looks cool :)
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Ignore rendering. Rendering will not solve your mesh's quality issue.

Model something good looking first We'll get to rendering once you have a good model, and then good textures.

Light doesn't change the nature of an object, all it does is throw photons on something and makes it visible.

I commend you trying to use Blender's renderer though. I never got that comfortable with Blender a long time ago, so good on you for trying.
  • Jerry_Royals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerry_Royals polycounter lvl 3
    Legion, think of it this way. All of the shaders/textures you are using will be there when you finish your model. Continue working on the model of the gun. Don't worry that it looks all gray in your render.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    The noise is really very distracting.
  • Drgreenethumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drgreenethumb polycounter lvl 9
    Really loving the Gluten Free ness of this current wip. Glad you left it out.. cant wait to see the LODs for this one
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Not sure if noise is intentional? Would bring this back to square one. Agreed on the gluten-free-ness. Would really harm the presentation.
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    If you're looking for a "simple" style, I would probably more closely try to emulate a style similar to the Team Fortress 2 weapons. Currently the model itself needs work as it is a bit boxy, and it looks like you probably have too many edges for the geometry judging from the smoothness I'm picking up from the angles and cylinder. If you don't want a simplified style like TF2 and wanted something more along the lines of realism but still keeping a very low-poly style, then you could for example look at how the weapons were handled for GTA V. (basically they're made for a third-person point of view, hence simpler in the treatment of design than a first-person game, but with a touch more realism than something as stylized as TF2)

The noise as people have mentioned before is too distracting, and noise as an aesthetic choice kind of goes against the visual vocabulary of creating a simplified art style. If you want to embrace the geometric make-up of a low-poly art style you should really let the forms speak for themselves rather than covering them up with noise.
  • Legion_studios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have decided im going to completely remodel the gun and look at some speed model videos so stay tuned

relfex sights is still staying though :P