Home Dota 2

Workflows

Hello guys,

I'm working towards making sets and items for DotA, nice to meet you!

I'm looking at ways to get started, but I'm wondering about workflows.

What are you guys' workflows? (As in, which program, do what, then etc).

It's because I've seen a lot of zBrush sculpts here on threads which have been then decimated to lower tris, yet I've seen a lot of fresh Maya/Blender/Max models.

Thanks,
Quadscount

Replies

• whatever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well i'm not an workshop artist but i've been here a lot.There are two processes of modeling:base mesh(optional)-high poly-low poly(retopo) and low poly-high poly.You can choose the one you do better with.Than after that there is two processes of texturing(as i know)the polypaint(with maybe a little photoshop) or just photoshopping uvs,there is color,normal,mask1,mask2 texture.The color is as the name instructs,just colors.The normal will help details from high poly show on low poly(you create them by XNormal),and for masks there is guide (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123397498 its whole dota 2 workshop procces but it includes good masking tut) and there is several tutorials on polycount.The last part is rigging which is adjusting the model to hero.Thats all i know and i hope i will help you a little.