Home Technical Talk

Symmetry issue

I`m trying to place pictures on the background and line up them with my model but my model is flipped, where the front is a back and where the floor is a top, What to do?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It would help to tell us what software you're using.
  • Dasha89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh dang, I forgot haha. It`s zbrush. I wanted to post pictures, but I haven`t figured out how to do that yet.
  • Dasha89
  • Dasha89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im?sel=107601468&z=photo8985041_351694506%2Fmail75977
    And floor is on the top
  • Dasha89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    It would help to tell us what software you're using.
    It`s zbrush, sorry
  • SonicBlue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SonicBlue polycounter lvl 10
    I think you can manually rotate the model from the Transform tool panel by locking the movement to one axis.

Otherwise, have you tried to load the pictures according to your model orientation, instead of what their names says?
  • Dasha89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SonicBlue wrote: »
    I think you can manually rotate the model from the Transform tool panel by locking the movement to one axis.

Otherwise, have you tried to load the pictures according to your model orientation, instead of what their names says?

I tried to rotate the model but pictures rotate with it too, can`t figure out how to separate them. Oh, how would I do that? Sorry I`m so new to it
  • SonicBlue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SonicBlue polycounter lvl 10
    This depends on the orientation of your object, so for now it's a trial and error to find the correct axis.

Click on the Rotate button, shortcut is R on the keyboard, then try to click on the centre of the model, at this point you'll see the gizmo, composed of various coloured circles, the first and the last orange circles changes the extension of the tool, and its position while the middle one move the whole tool, you have to lock the axis to ensure a more precise rotation by clicking on the red (X), green (Y) or blue (Z) axis, this depends on the orientation of your mesh, try with the green circle and then click and drag the middle white circle (it will appear inside the orange one), this will spin the model, if you click the external white circle, all the scene will rotate.

To fix the reference picture, you have to explain which technique you used to import them, there are various, this video explains the most used:

http://eat3d.com/free/using-reference-zbrush
  • Dasha89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SonicBlue wrote: »
    This depends on the orientation of your object, so for now it's a trial and error to find the correct axis.

Click on the Rotate button, shortcut is R on the keyboard, then try to click on the centre of the model, at this point you'll see the gizmo, composed of various coloured circles, the first and the last orange circles changes the extension of the tool, and its position while the middle one move the whole tool, you have to lock the axis to ensure a more precise rotation by clicking on the red (X), green (Y) or blue (Z) axis, this depends on the orientation of your mesh, try with the green circle and then click and drag the middle white circle (it will appear inside the orange one), this will spin the model, if you click the external white circle, all the scene will rotate.

To fix the reference picture, you have to explain which technique you used to import them, there are various, this video explains the most used:

http://eat3d.com/free/using-reference-zbrush

Thank you so much. I couldn`t figure out how to rotate my model, having trouble with that rotation tool, I just started that over. That video is a big help, thanks for sharing!