Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Gangplank (The Bilgewater Bailiff)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Cam Sykes polycounter lvl 3
Hi Polycounters!!!

This project will be my first serious attempt at the complete production of a game character. I have a background in 2D concept art and as of late have been extending my skills in the 3D arena.

I've chosen the champion Gangplank, and a skin concept of my own being a wild-western sort of gunslinger/sheriff. I noticed his rival Miss Fortune has a Wild Western skin so why not Gangplank?

GANGPLANK: THE BILGEWATER BAILIFF
Gangplank would set sail, travelling to compete in The League of Legends. For many months at a time Gangplank would be away at sea, spreading his fame and increasing his fortune.

Upon his return to Bilgewater he would find it to be a den of thieves, full of corruption and no hierarchy. Gangplank's authority and reknown was not recognised in his own town. It was time to set things straight and show the citizens of Bilgewater who's Boss. Enter THE BILGEWATER BAILIFF!
MOST CURRENT UPDATE/PROGRESS
BG3iuS.jpg

REFERENCE

oDR4RO.jpg

INITIAL CONCEPT + LOW POLY

Kz79lZ.jpg
SILHOUETTE EXPLORATION
66xAiG.jpg

I'm using Blender for the modeling and Photoshop for concepting.

Update: Going back to 2D concept stage with b+w silhouettes to refine some ideas, in order to make the design more visually interesting.

Replies