Home Dota 2

Detail map (mask1 channel red) don't work in Wraith King

Hello

I am very close to publish our first set to Wraith king, but I've scared to see the detail map has stopped working.

It has always worked well, I guess the last valve patch modifies it.

Anyone know anything about it?

I hope to publish soon and create a thread to share work with you, thank you very much for the help.

Replies

• Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    do you change the name of the item every time you import it to workshop?
    If not, do so, maybe it works :)
  • Citizen Blue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I've tried to change the name, but it seems that what has happened is that Valve has changed this.

Thanks for your time Reza.

Really appreciate any help possible.
  • Chemical Alia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    I never worked on WK, and it seems like he should have detail map support, but check the vmt (material file) to see if detail map is enabled for him. Most heroes don't by default. If it's not, you'd have to do so yourself and submit the new material to Valve, but from my experience that is unlikely to get used and you're better off avoiding doing that.

Hopefully it's just a bug, lol.
  • ReMixx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wraith King does have a detail map:

"models/heroes/wraith_king/wraith_king_detail.vtf"

Make sure that in your item's .vmt that the line with the detail map isn't commented out! It shouldn't have any back or forward slashes in front of it.

Commented out (Incorrect):
    //	"$detail1"  "models\heroes\wraith_king\wraith_king_detail"

Correct:
    "$detail1"  "models\heroes\wraith_king\wraith_king_detail"

Edit:

Also make sure the Blend mode, scale, and factor variables are NOT commented out too!
    $DETAIL1BLENDMODE 2
    	$DETAIL1SCALE 3
    	$DETAIL1FACTOR 1

Edit2:

AND the scrolling info shouldn't be commented out either!
    "TextureScroll"	
    		{
    			"texturescrollvar"	"$DETAIL1TEXTURETRANSFORM"
    			"texturescrollrate"	-.1
    			"texturescrollangle"	57
    		}

Edit3:

Wait, it used to work? There is a bug in Dota2 currently where the loadout previews (and maybe Workshop previews) won't show the detail maps scrolling unless you have a game running. So start a bot game in the background and minimize it back to the main menu. It's really dumb.
  • Chemical Alia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    ReMixx wrote: »

Edit3:

Wait, it used to work? There is a bug in Dota2 currently where the loadout previews (and maybe Workshop previews) won't show the detail maps scrolling unless you have a game running. So start a bot game in the background and minimize it back to the main menu. It's really dumb.

It's broken like that in the hlmv too. Sometimes hard to notice without the actual scrolling.
  • ReMixx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's broken like that in the hlmv too. Sometimes hard to notice without the actual scrolling.

Valvo pls! :(
  • Citizen Blue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried that but it's all right in the file and the detail map still does not work.

Anyway thank you very much to all of you.

:(