Home Technical Talk

UVDeluxe 1.1.2

null
Offline / Send Message
Optagon null
Greeting, I just wanted to let people know that I have finally uploaded a new version of UVDeluxe to CreativeCrash!

You now have the option that is on by default to automatically detect the texture resolution of what you are working on, It's a huge time saver over having to set it manually. Setting it manually is still good if you don't have a texture assigned yet and want to save a snapshot.
HN3PqLT.jpg

The UV Ratio section contains a new option to sample the ratio of one object and apply it on another (e.g Copy, Paste!). Which when pasted to a whole object will loop through all of the UV shells and apply that ratio.
VHroLSy.jpg

Finally I included a small tool to temporarily store a selection, and select border edges of shells, but this last feature is not 100% accurate.
2BHmqOK.jpg

Grab it here: http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/uvdeluxe

Replies

• jasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jasong polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for your hard work on this! Been using UVDeluxe for years and its been a big time saver.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    The new additions are great, thanks a lot!!
  • jasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm getting an error when I try to use the Smart Rotate functions. It throws this error: # Error: ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero #

Anyone else have this problem?
  • Optagon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optagon null
    jasong wrote: »
    I'm getting an error when I try to use the Smart Rotate functions. It throws this error: # Error: ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero #

That is odd, I have not made any changes to Smart Rotate. Does it happen on all meshes, all Maya scenes? I can't reproduce the error. At first I thought maybe you didn't have any texture assigned, but it acts as if you have a square 256 in that case with Detect Resolution on. I would also like to know if more people get this.
  • jasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply. For some reason it's working fine now. This might have just been a case of Maya being weird. If it happens again I'll let you know and provide more info.
  • trugb31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    trugb31 polycounter lvl 9
    You're awesome
  • GDanny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optagon said:
    jasong wrote: »

That is odd, I have not made any changes to Smart Rotate. Does it happen on all meshes, all Maya scenes? I can't reproduce the error. At first I thought maybe you didn't have any texture assigned, but it acts as if you have a square 256 in that case with Detect Resolution on. I would also like to know if more people get this.

By create a cube with no texture assigned, i reproduce the error. After i uncheck the Detect Resolution, Smart Rotate works fine again. Hope this will help.