Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Environment Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Sekoran

Sekoran
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Sekoran polycounter lvl 4
Looking forward to this!

And some thumbnails, been a while since i did something like this o_o

Currently liking #3, 5, 6 and 10 the most. Probably going to stick to one of them and make a turret concept that fits it.

GEJHb5y.png

Replies

• dschmidt3d
    Offline / Send Message
    dschmidt3d polycounter lvl 6
    Cool silhouettes. I like 1 and 6.
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    So here's some thumbnails for the towers as well, based of the inhibitors I liked the most.

W7LeB6l.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently deciding between 1, 3 and 10.

Thinking of combining Inhibitor #1 or 6 with the first.

Others would probably fit better with #3
  • Fenyce
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    I really like inhibitor 1,3 an 6
    And I like tower 1, but 3 is nice, too.
  • parasyte7
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 18
    I just want to make sure you saw this post with the update to the rules:

Hi everyone,

At Riot Games, we have a very strong feedback culture. We pivot and make adjustments when things can be done better or are not working. In the spirit of this culture and after internal conversations with feedback from the community, we have decided to make some tweaks to the environment section of the contest. You can now choose to create the turret or the inhibitor rather than being required to create both. We want to make sure we are giving everyone enough time to create assets that you are proud of and able to finish in time for the December 19th deadline.

We are also tweaking the animation com petition and not have animators pick an established character since animating a specific character without the exact model will be difficult. We want to see solid animations that are keeping the animation style of LoL in mind when creating these ability assets.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

-Kenny
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a while since I posted, so slow on sketching :(

Decided to go with inhibitor #6 and see where it took me

uCqOuVz.png

And came up with this, when i actually thought about the size of the building plot it turned out to be a bit big though >_>

Managed to somewhat draw it into the LoL perspective from a screenshot, also made an alternative version without the keys as I'm unsure whenever it will work well.

OWPqcpE.png

Going to redraw a quick concept I made for the creep camp and then start with the sculpting for this one.
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    And I'm back for a quick update, spent so little time working this week :<

Basemesh for the inhibitor and what was supposed to be a quick paintover of the creep camp, took so much time to sketch that I'm somewhat sad right now :poly125:

Going to add in some bushes and call it done, need to start with the modelling/sculpting of the other stuff :|

TOd2HRL.png
    zw0Lgmd.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    And an update on the inhibitor, finished (for now) the surrounding rocks. My first real go at this kind of models as well so was pretty fun.

nVNEKWv.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    And a quick update of the bake/base texture. Starting to feel the stress now, hopefully I'll be able to complete the creep camp as well :|

KABZpLj.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Picture heavy post incomming!

Cutting it real close with finishing everything today, going to post composite screens later with more text.

AULOoRI.png

And the 1½ day creep camp, still need to add a tree or two to it.
    7K37Ef7.png
    Cot8MWf.jpg
    BRgGZhL.jpg9L6r8IF.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Another quick update with base colors and some trees added in. Have to go to work in like an hour and won't be back before 9ish... hope I manage to put up the final pics as well :|

jobyT7x.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    And last one before work, kinda badly made tree texture included.

rnQS68l.png
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    Hooo boy, lets see if I can get everything up in time!
    Mt1za6y.png
    28aAR6N.png
    9RPH5mL.png

And it's past 12 :<

Bit to much left on the creep camp (blending the ground and stuff), going to put it up tomorrow instead. More writing at that point as well!
  • Sekoran
    Offline / Send Message
    And another post

Probably going to end up with an unfinished creep camp, planned kinda badly for how the comp picture and it's taking way more time then I thought. Big reason as to why I didn't manage to finish everything is that my own schedule got somewhat ruined when I got a job right at the start of the contest and didn't put enough energy in to it :<

Overall though, contest was awesome!

Learnt a lot from watching some of the other threads specially owl's thread.

Inhibitor turned out decently enough, don't think I really matched the style of LoL well enough though, but making lots of rocks was rather fun. Should probably have converted my inhibitor idea to the creep camp instead.

The creep camp was really rushed in the end although I somewhat like how it turned out.

Really have to spend more time doing my concepts as well and flesh them out so that I really know what to add to my designs rather than leaving it all for the sculpting stage.

And as for hand painting, it isn't something I'm used to but I really want to improve it and the contest was a great starting point.
  • cesardca93
    I really lovee this conceps, symple but complete