Home General Discussion

Blurry diffue texture...

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Moltar polycounter lvl 7
Been following a tutorial on digital tutors on how to use 3dsmax. Im only on the first course and I've encountered a problem I've no idea how to fix.

When I apply my texture I made in PS onto my model, it becomes blurry with very low quality. I followed the instructions perfectly but mine turns out different.

Can anyone help me fix this?

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2e496x3.jpg

View image 2e496x3.jpg

Replies

• AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Knew without even opening the thread this was going to be about 3DS Max.

Go into your viewport preferences, click on configure driver and set the texture size to match bitmap as closely as possible
  • Moltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar polycounter lvl 7
    Configure driver is blacked out.

Customize > preferences > viewports. Right?
  • Moltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar polycounter lvl 7
    Knew without even opening the thread this was going to be about 3DS Max.

Go into your viewport preferences, click on configure driver and set the texture size to match bitmap as closely as possible

Just fixed it myself. click the + beside perspective view > configure viewports > Display proformace then bump up texture pixels.
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Ah my mistake, I'm still on 2012 and the texture resolution option is in configure driver

This is one of those problems everybody who starts using 3ds max inevitably runs into

Other fun ones: Losing your transform gizmo by accidentally pressing x and locking your object by accidentally pressing space
  • Moltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar polycounter lvl 7
    So thats what spacebar does haha. At the start I was trying to use spacebar to access the quick menu (from Maya). How do I unlock the object? Spacebar again I presume?