Home General Discussion

Crash courses on modo?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Fogbrain polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys, I've been a maya user for about a year and a half getting towards, and while my fundamentals of 3D are still in the learning process, I'd find myself fighting and struggling with the tools of Maya. I've opened up modo a few times and played around and the controls make much more sense to me, and the UI is nice and the rendering looks great and the retopology is something I'd love to dive into. So as a package I'd love to learn modo as opposed to maya where all I did was model and had a bad time doing so.

Problem here is, I have a project that requires me to use maya or at least forces me to when I'm not home working on it. But I'd also love to practice in modo more, but I haven't started modelling the stuff I need to do for this project yet in it because frankly I haven't much of a clue what I'm doing just yet.

So if there's any good crash courses in modo that can get me to a point of feeling comfy in it to model that'd be awesome.

I'm wondering as a maya user as well if making the switch is difficult and worth it overall.

Replies