Home Technical Talk

Glass Brick, Screen magnifier

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
A good friend made this tool to aid with vision impaired people working on computers, and it's a super fast well thought out screen magnifier.

so far I'm finding that it is super useful to zoom the screen instead of zooming apps when analyzing images and work, especially when working on pixel art.

Give it a shot and throw him a few bucks if you find it handy :thumbup:

http://www.glassbrick.org/

If you guys have feedback post it here and I'll link him to the thread.

Replies

• s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    This is awesome! Thanks for the link.

Do you know if this works per monitor, or "globally" ? Meaning: Can you magnify on one monitor and not on another? That would be excellent. Going to try this out when I get home. :)
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Hmm just tried it, it seems to be global.

Bugger! He might be able to fix it, no idea.

Edit: just checked with him, and it is indeed possible!
    check the advanced mode checkbox in the zoom tab then go to the other tab and choose windowed render mode then close and open glassbrick again
    there is upsides and down sides to each rendermode

• johnnyboyx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi i am using it now for al long while, but have a annoying problem.
    i have set the scroll while only for zooming in, but till now the scroll wheel stops suddenly to respond to zoom in,
    i have done this whit  ctrl + scrollw / shift + scrollw ,, etc.. but same results.
    problem is on 32b an 64b. i have given all permission rights , set to open as admin and without. but same results.
    but must say to that when i am gaming ETS2  i have problem sometimes and can zoom in during play time to read the message or settings change with no problem .other time its is just constantly unresponsive and need toe restart glassbrick to work again

also the follow mouse cursor not working anymore now for a long time.

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, muzzoid hasn't visited Polycount now for over a year and a half, so I doubt they'll respond. Have you tried contacting the original author of the tool?
  • johnnyboyx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no i did not. but will do this. i remember that it also follows the cursor while writing, but also that is not working anymore
    and i noticed that when i set focus on a program it is not zooming in but when selecting something els beside it, then it zooms in again, so not all programs i can use it. so it must be a setting on that program that does not let  it zoom in.

thanks for responding, i will try to contact the developer