Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

PETROL/BLOOD- atomicguppy

Hi guys, I thought I might give this a shot. My idea is a zombie robot horse pulling a zombie robot dude in a chariot. The general feel I'm going for is that the horse/rider are immortal, but not invulnerable. As bits have rotted (or been exploded) off, they are replaced by mechanical parts. Oh, and the rider is going to have an M16, because why not.

Now, I've never actually made a horse before, so here goes nothing. This is what I have after about a day. I still need to add more robot bits and blend them into the horse better. Any feedback or critiques are very welcome. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

SK9t0hL.jpg?1

7Bd2gWT.jpg?1

Replies

• atomicguppy
    Unfortunately, I didn't get to work on this guy at all yesterday. I was able to get a bit done tonight tho. I re-did the legs because they sucked before, they are better now. There is still some cleaning up to be done on them, but i think they definitely have a better silhouette a shape now. I'm not sure how attached I am to the plate on his chest.

L70qpJX.jpg?1

Feel free to leave a comment if you love it, or hate it. Thanks guys!
  • hamstocks
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    dude, that's pretty awesome, im not gonna lie! it's lookin pretty gnarly so far, cant wait to see more of this
  • atomicguppy
    It has been far too long since I updated this, mainly because I have not been able to work on this for a bit. I think this is pretty much how the horse is going to look. The main thing left to do is make the saddle look a little less bland and maybe touch up the mettle bits.

I still need to sculpt and entire character, man this would be easier if I was better at this haha. Anyway, everyone else's work is looking pretty slick. I am really excited to start to see some finished pieces. Good luck everyone!

O2BUsNQ.jpg?1?7008
  • Turbo889
    Offline / Send Message
    Turbo889 polycounter lvl 6
    This is insane :)

I really like your latest update, adding the saddle and some more mechanical bits really brings everything together. Can't wait to see the next one!
  • atomicguppy
    THANKS MAN! This has been a blast to work on, if a bit slow. I still am not happy with how the horse bits turn into the robot bits, mainly the knees.
  • Turbo889
    Offline / Send Message
    Turbo889 polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah thats tough, maybe you could have the horse skin start to grow and wrap around, over the mechanical bits?