Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE3] Weasel Hideout

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Gendolf polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys, I would like to share an environment we have worked on in a group of 3 people for past few months. Feel free to get harsh crits.

Marcel Petras - Environment/Technical
Keezia Mahusay - Vehicle/assets
Rodrigo Miguel - Character/assets

Next steps are :

- make the floor less shiny perhaps ( I quiet like it as it is honestly) ?
- Adding few cables hanging from the roof and a massive group of cables coming out from the Vault door.
- Adding motion to the character and some cables hanging from the roof.
- Highlighting the focal point by making certain parts of the environment darker and lighter
- sharpening shadows ( had some issues with that ).

That is all i have in my mind atm.. Feel free to crit hard.

Here are some pics

mELhk2d.jpg

Jpue55I.jpg

4gnJKuW.jpg

EhLLGLM.jpg

Exterior WIP (Optional). That white crap is experimental snow.
ua4shSp.jpg

Gi5uSUx.jpg

WIP
tBPUrCJ.jpg

Here is also older video for the environment, there are several issues where most of it is pretty much fixed in the new version.

https://vimeo.com/94109251

Replies

• Gendolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some assets made by me which are placed around the environment

gEd2Qa2.jpg

pnI1xyu.jpg

nshNx6D.jpg

idejvAo.jpg

zXR7Ngh.jpg

8do66Ol.jpg

lGpmkV3.jpg
  • Gendolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Improved lighting, added few objects/textures and also several animations like car being lifted by platform where its parked...
  • locater16
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    locater16 polycounter lvl 8
    Whoa... looks great!
  • Nakedwooki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nakedwooki polycounter lvl 7
    Looks really good, what are you using for your renders?
  • Meloncov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meloncov greentooth
    How did you get the lo-res rock model and the details on the tiling texture to line up so nicely? Did you start with the tiling texture and model based on that, or take the mesh texture and somehow get it to tile?
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    Woah, very very cool :)
    Cant wait to see more :)
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
  • Noren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noren polycounter lvl 19
    I think I remember some of those assets, they are part of this wind/storm in the willows project, right?

I like most of the assets individually (well done!) but
    "
    - Highlighting the focal point by making certain parts of the environment darker and lighter"

agree that this is your main problem right now.
    Most of the screenshots in the hideout are extremely hard to read.

Also some of the assets seem to vary a bit in style and form language from piece to piece. (Triangular edgy art deco windows - scifi, rounded, opened up, kind of organic, flowing pillars - medieval, massive table )
  • Gendolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for liking our work guys :)

Nakedwooki - For the individual assets, I have used marmoset 2 as a rendering software.

Meloncov - Firstly i sculpted the rocks inside zbrush and textured them. Than i used the same high poly sculpts to build the tileable on 2k plane. Got the few textures I needed from zbrush in to photoshop and followed the same texturing procedure which I used for the for the rock mesh ( masking similar parts via using masking methods like peeks and valleys,cavity inside zbrush, and than applying the same textures to these individual masks on the tileable.

Noren - You are completely right about everything ^^. We had almost no time for the conceptual phase and that was i think one of our biggest flaws. I will try to remove more lights from the scene to make the focal point more obvious. Also in the garage part the vehicle artist is going to add more color to the bike (the color is too similar to the rocks and the surrounding assets) to help with pointing it out of the focal point.Thanks for the feedback ! :)