Home General Discussion

Hearthstone

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
Anyone else into Hearthstone at all?

The iPad client is out and it's pretty much replaced reading before I fall asleep nowadays. If you play a guy that keeps running out of time halfway through it could be I feel asleep.

jeffro#1330 if you want to beat me horribly.

Replies

• NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I was playing the beta a lot a few months ago, it's a great game although I think it'd be even cooler if they combined all of their major franchises together kind of like what they are doing with HotS.
  • StephenVyas
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I'll play ya... once i get my battlenet account sorted out

Bonk#1301
  • FullSynch
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    I dabble, Turtleburp#1676
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Out of curiosity, can you play say people playing on PC? I read that there might be an android port at some point so probably will play it more then.
  • WarrenM
    Been playing it too ... same thing, it's my "going to bed" game these days on my iPad. Really works well in that format.
  • praetus
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    It's totally cross play. If you're on iPad you can play people on PC as it connects through Battle.net all the same. You have full access to your decks and Battle.net friends list as well.
  • iconoplast
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    I'm sure I'll also be playing more when the Android port is out. My only fear is that instead of a "going to bed" game it'll turn in to a "not sleeping, just one more turn" game.
  • marks
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
  • Clark Coots
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    yep I play Hearthstone quite a bit. Feel free to add me!

Kilo#1350
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I play it on occasion on my iPad. It's perfect on it :)

What I really like about it is I can see all my friends online on Bnet playing games and I can chat to them on my iPad. Pretty cool.
  • StephenVyas
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Any tips or tricks for strategy in this game?

I keep getting throttled :|
  • Clark Coots
    Offline / Send Message
    just gotta practice Stephen! Try constructing a deck where some cards are synergistic with each other and there's an over all strategy. Lots of buff cards for minions or cheap mana cost cards where you drop your hand and be really aggressive. Or super control high value minions where you find 2:1 trades. There's tons of deck lists floating around and a lot of "free to play" deck lists where you don't need 1000 Legendary cards to win as long as you play well.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Try playing all the champions and learning their playstyle, then use the power of Google to look for champ-specific builds.

It's also good to watch pros play on Youtube. See what cards they often use.

Look up deck builds.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Play a bunch with each person. Get them all to level 10. By then if you play ranked mostly you'll be at level 22/23. Then look online for low cost deck builds, make some and roll on up to the higher/lower rankings.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't played a whole lot yet. What does getting each champ to level 10 do?
  • Clark Coots
    Offline / Send Message
    getting to Level 10 just unlocks all the basic class cards per hero
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    What is a hearthstone? Is this TGC without physical cards. The bigger question is where do people hear about these things?
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I only played 2 games of this. Possibly because ROS was out and being loaded and I only had chance to play 2 games. After finishing ROS I never launched Battle.net. =\

Amazing game tho.
  • Tejay
    Offline / Send Message
    Tejay polycounter lvl 8
    I got bitten by the hearthstone bug as well.

Jay#12945
  • praetus
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    valuemeal wrote: »
    What is a hearthstone? Is this TGC without physical cards. The bigger question is where do people hear about these things?

Well, it's developed by Blizzard and has been covered on gaming sites and at conventions for the past year so it's not really like it's out of no where. Also, if you play any Blizzard game it's been on the launcher for the past few months as well (whether by game or news).

To answer the question, yes it is a TGC based in the Warcraft universe. It's free to play where you can buy additional random cards packs similar to booster packs for Magic or whatever other games are out there. While you can spend money on it, it is entirely possible to play without spending a dime and it's pretty fun. I enjoy it, but my wife is hooked on it and she had never played a trading card game before.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    praetus wrote: »
    Well, it's developed by Blizzard and has been covered on gaming sites and at conventions for the past year so it's not really like it's out of no where. Also, if you play any Blizzard game it's been on the launcher for the past few months as well (whether by game or news).

To answer the question, yes it is a TGC based in the Warcraft universe. It's free to play where you can buy additional random cards packs similar to booster packs for Magic or whatever other games are out there. While you can spend money on it, it is entirely possible to play without spending a dime and it's pretty fun. I enjoy it, but my wife is hooked on it and she had never played a trading card game before.

Really defeats the whole meaning of trading cards.

Ya it is addictive indeed.

EDIT: I was actually going to say that you have tried your level best to explain something to the ancient being, I am pretty sure he has no idea what Activision-Blizzard is or Blizzard for that matter. So. I would love to read this following conversation.
  • Tejay
    Offline / Send Message
    Tejay polycounter lvl 8
    Really defeats the whole meaning of trading cards.

Actually I find it really does the opposite. I mean half the problem I've ever had with card games is finding players or always playing the same few guys. Hearthstone connects players together via the internet, suddenly it's easy to find people who also enjoy playing. The pay off is not being able to trade cards I suppose but the crafting system helps make up for that a bit.
  • Dave Jr
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    I absolutely love this game and just started my name is DaveJr if anyone wants to battle!
  • Memory
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    MemoryFox#1900

If anyone wants to play. I do alright, I only started doing better when I looked up deck builds! I've played enough to feel like it just comes down to a lot of luck sometimes.

edit: I added everyone that left their tag! DaveJr didn't leave his?!
  • Dave Jr
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    Memory wrote: »
    MemoryFox#1900

If anyone wants to play. I do alright, I only started doing better when I looked up deck builds! I've played enough to feel like it just comes down to a lot of luck sometimes.

edit: I added everyone that left their tag! DaveJr didn't leave his?!

sorry been too busy playing to notice i missed the numbers off!

DaveJr#2870

add me all :D We should have a polycount tournament mwhahaha